PDA

View Full Version : Levines latest update on ESPN 1000??

GiveMeSox
05-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Did anyone else catch it on Mac Jurko and Harry? I heard the last few sentences and it was something about Dye and slump and his leg. Thats all I heard. Can anyone else piece this together for me? Did anyone else hear what he said?

mweflen
05-02-2005, 06:25 PM
The Cubune was reporting that Dye was on the bench with flu-like symptoms. Now, "Flu Like Symptoms" might be a euphemism for "Hitting like Royce Clayton," but I don't think that has anything to do with legs (i.e. hernias).

GiveMeSox
05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
The Cubune was reporting that Dye was on the bench with flu-like symptoms. Now, "Flu Like Symptoms" might be a euphemism for "Hitting like Royce Clayton," but I don't think that has anything to do with legs (i.e. hernias).

If thats true then its just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks and sloppy reporting from one of America's top newspapers. Dye is actually beginning to show signs of a better swing. He had some hits in Oakland but he also hit the ball hard many times but right at someone for outs. Thats a good sign. Furthermore, the cubune is stupid becuase you dont bench Dye and his 180 avg for Timo and his 170 avg, thats just dumb. Dye had the flu and I beleive it, the bug had been going around the clubhouse.

mweflen
05-02-2005, 06:41 PM
i took the trib article at face value, too. he probably just has the flu.

Brian26
05-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Rooney and Farmer said Dye was sequestered in the trainer's room yesterday so that his flu big didn't spread to anyone else on the team. I believe them before I believe the cubune.

MUsoxfan
05-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Rooney and Farmer said Dye was sequestered in the trainer's room yesterday so that his flu big didn't spread to anyone else on the team. I believe them before I believe the cubune.

I agree. Rooney and Farmer aren't really a corporate mouthpiece

kevingrt
05-02-2005, 08:55 PM

OMG, any hitter brought up in the same sentence as Royce Clayton is in trouble unless it's Royce Clayton's evil twin, which I have yet to find.

35th St. Slick
05-02-2005, 09:08 PM
I believe the 1/2 ton of radio beef questioned the signing of Dye and said he was a defensive liability - and Bruce said that his 'let will never be the same' and the Sox should be happy with whatever performance Dye can provide.

I look at it this way, he's just keeping an outfield position warm until Borchard pulls his head out of his arse, or Ryan Sweeney or Brian Anderson is ready.

I think that latter is more likely to occur first.

Did anyone else catch it on Mac Jurko and Harry? I heard the last few sentences and it was something about Dye and slump and his leg. Thats all I heard. Can anyone else piece this together for me? Did anyone else hear what he said?