PDA

View Full Version : M. Suppelsa Cubs Expose Tonite at 9:00 on FOX

Wsoxmike59
05-02-2005, 07:21 AM
From the Fox Chicago website:

There's dirt in the dugout! A former Cubs Insider reveals the dark side of the Friendly Confines. Mark Suppelsa takes a closer look tonight at 9:00.

I wonder if tonight we'll find out which player bashed Sammy's boombox??:D:

mdep524
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
From the Fox Chicago website:

There's dirt in the dugout! A former Cubs Insider reveals the dark side of the Friendly Confines. Mark Suppelsa takes a closer look tonight at 9:00.

I wonder if tonight we'll find out which player bashed Sammy's boombox??:D: I'm pretty sure we know that Kerry Wood was the boombox smasher. I saw the promo for that Fox investigation too and started to laugh out loud, but missed the segment on the news. Did anyone catch it? Anything good?

Max Power
05-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure we know that Kerry Wood was the boombox smasher. I saw the promo for that Fox investigation too and started to laugh out loud, but missed the segment on the news. Did anyone catch it? Anything good?

I think it's going to be tonight.

SpammySosa
05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I can only imagine how upset Walter Jacobson will be if there are any negative revelations that come out of this broadcast.:rolleyes:

Wsoxmike59
05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Not too much new with the Fox Expose (big surprise) But I did enjoy this little tidbit:

MS: Sandy Krumm said the Chicago Cubs deliberately misled fans last seasons telling them pitching ace Mark Prior was sidelined because of an inflamed Achilles tendon not because of a stiff elbow.

MS: You knew there was an elbow problem?

SK: Sure

MS:Whose decision was it to lie to the media?

SK: Jim Hendry

SK: The two trainers were called into a meeting and told this is what we're going with.

MS: Was there anything else last year that we didn't know about?

SK: I've got a list of 40 items of inadequacies and incompetencies from the head trainer

MS: That head trainer was Dave Groeschner who practiced without a license

MS: Why do you think the Chicago Cubs fired you?

SK: Because I told the truth, and Jim Hendry and Co. didn't want to hear the truth, because sometimes the truth hurts.

Other lines of questioning went like this

MS: Steroids in the clubhouse, ever see any?

SK: NOPE... are they there....I'm sure they're there

MS: The tussle between Steve Stone and Players whose at fault?

SK:It should've been nipped in the bud, Dusty's at fault, he didn't have control of that clubbouse. How can you allow a player to pick up the phone and call the press box during the middle of the game?

Suppelsa also asked who broke the infamous boombox of the Selfish One, but Krumm was tightlipped and said he couldn't tell him.

slavko
05-02-2005, 10:49 PM
According to an earlier Tribune story, it was a position player who batted the box.

Wsoxmike59
05-04-2005, 06:33 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050508cubsbrite,1,6175566.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

From this morning's issue of Tass, uh I mean the Cubune, I mean the Tribune.

MILWAUKEE -- Cubs general manager Jim Hendry and pitcher Mark Prior on Tuesday disputed accusations by former assistant trainer Sandy Krum that the Cubs hid Prior's elbow injury last year under the guise of an Achilles' tendon injury.