PDA

View Full Version : White Sox fans in Boone County...

Joosh
05-02-2005, 12:09 AM
I just moved out here this weekend and signed up with MediaCom Cable. However, I found out that I dont get WCIU, and only get local Rockford channels. i have WGN and Comcast, but does anyone know who lives out here whether it is possible to get the games on WCIU?

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Nope. :(: I live in Rockford and the signal doesn't reach this far, neither does ESPN 1000's signal. Sometimes a local Sox radio affiliate will carry the White Sox game, but a lot of times they have the Cubs game on instead. :whiner:Just to think when I used to actually get WCIU I would complain about the crappy audio and video. Crappy video is better than none at all. :(:

AJPosguchi
05-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Try switching to Direct TV - I believe you'll get all the Chicago stations with the local package. I live in Arizona right now but was born and raised in Belvidere.

I'll be moving moving back in 380 days, after 23 years in the Army. Can't wait to see some regular Sox Home games!

ChiSoxRowand
05-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Try switching to Direct TV - I believe you'll get all the Chicago stations with the local package. I live in Arizona right now but was born and raised in Belvidere.

I'll be moving moving back in 380 days, after 23 years in the Army. Can't wait to see some regular Sox Home games!

I have Directv but don't get WCIU. But I do get Comcast and WGN.

JRIG
05-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Nope. :(: I live in Rockford and the signal doesn't reach this far, neither does ESPN 1000's signal. Sometimes a local Sox radio affiliate will carry the White Sox game, but a lot of times they have the Cubs game on instead. :whiner:Just to think when I used to actually get WCIU I would complain about the crappy audio and video. Crappy video is better than none at all. :(:

WROK-AM 1440 will air about 100 or so White Sox games this year. You can look at the calendar page at wrok.com to find out when games are aired.

Depending on where you are in Boone County, you'll definitely get the signal during the day and almost certainly will be able to get it at night

elrod
05-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Boone County, Missouri? You can get all the Cardinal and Royal games you want! Boone County, Kentucky? Well, you're in Cincinnati Reds territory.

Goose
05-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Looks like a great excuse for the wife...

"Sorry, Honey, got to go to the bar to watch the SOX".

This may work to your advantage!

:gulp: