chisoxfanatic
05-01-2005, 10:24 PM
1. Hermanson
2. Politte
3. Vizciano
4. Marte
5. Takatsu
6. Cotts

That's how I see it right now...I picked Hermanson as the #1, simply because I view him as our most versatile pitcher coming out of the bullpen. He can pitch as middle-inning relief, set-up guy, or closer. He can also come in to face nearly any batter. Furthermore, he can pitch more than just an inning or two, allowing rest to be given to the other bullpen pitchers. Because of this, I view him as the most valuable guy in our bullpen.

MRKARNO
05-01-2005, 10:25 PM
You underrate Marte. He's definitely 1 or 2 when you consider all that he's done in the past for us and how good he is on a year to year basis.

Evman5
05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
1. Hermanson
2. Politte
3. Vizciano
4. Marte
5. Takatsu
6. Cotts

That's how I see it right now...I picked Hermanson as the #1, simply because I view him as our most versatile pitcher coming out of the bullpen. He can pitch as middle-inning relief, set-up guy, or closer. He can also come in to face nearly any batter. Furthermore, he can pitch more than just an inning or two, allowing rest to be given to the other bullpen pitchers. Because of this, I view him as the most valuable guy in our bullpen.

I see it as:

1. Hermie
2. Marte
3. Vizcaino
4. Shingo
5. Politte
6. Cotts

There is a reason why we go to Marte and Vizcaino for our holding our lead late in the game over Politte in the majority of games thus far.

balke
05-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Right now Hermie is #1. Not to take anything away from him, but I think Marte will be the go to guy when all is said and done. I don't think poorly of Dustin, Marte is just that good.

WhiteSox16K
05-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I see it as:

1. Hermie
2. Marte
3. Vizcaino
4. Shingo
5. Politte
6. Cotts

There is a reason why we go to Marte and Vizcaino for our holding our lead late in the game over Politte in the majority of games thus far.

So far this year, I'd much rather go to Politte then Shingo. That could change, as could this too, but I would list Hermanson as the most reliable, followed by Marte, Politte, and Vizcaino as equal and would go to them when the situation calls. I think each of those 3 have their different things they do well. Still, with a 3 run lead going into the 9th, I believe I'd test Shingo and keep him on a very tight string. He could move back up on the list, but he has not been reliable to hold very much this year.(With the exception of a few saves)

Evman5
05-02-2005, 12:12 AM
The reason I listed Shingo ahead of Politte, even though Politte has better numbers so far this year, is because Politte has not been put in any save situations this season. Based on what I have seen from Politte last year he often had his struggles holding the lead late in games. It seemed like everytime he came in late with the score tied he would give up the go ahead run. However, I still think he is an important part of the bullpen and is an above average middle reliever. Every Single person in our bullpen, except Cotts, has experience closing. We basically replaced Mike Jackson and Jon Adkins with Politte and Cotts and then added 2 studs at the back end of our bullpen in Hermie and Vizcaino.

Nard
05-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't think it's fair to rate them top to bottom. A lot of them are on the same level IMHO.

Middle Relievers:
Politte- A
Cotts- B+

Closers:
Marte- A
Hermie- A
Vizzy- B+

Shingos:
Shingo-C

MUsoxfan
05-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Shingos:
Shingo-C

:rolling: I don't know why I find that so funny, but I do

DaleJRFan
05-02-2005, 12:30 AM
From what we've all grown accustom to this season, any reliever giving up a hit or a walk is instantly blacklisted!!! :D: I can't see how people give Politte anything but an A. He'd be a closer on about 24 of the other MLB teams, and one specific team on the north side of town. Its scary how good the Sox BP is considering Politte is at "the back" of the bullpen... yikes.

I see it like this:

Hermanson
Politte
Marte
Vizcaino
Cotts
Widger (C and 3B too, why not relief pitching???)
Shingo

Who cares how I rank em... Sox keep winning... I keep cheering.

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 12:30 AM
You underrate Marte. He's definitely 1 or 2 when you consider all that he's done in the past for us and how good he is on a year to year basis.

This is true, however he may have been temporarily docked a point or two for balking in the tying run and eventually losing that debacle in Oakland last Tuesday.

elrod
05-02-2005, 08:10 AM
This is true, however he may have been temporarily docked a point or two for balking in the tying run and eventually losing that debacle in Oakland last Tuesday.

The balk was a fraud. That said, Marte lost his cool.

MisterB
05-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Shingos:
Shingo-C

Obviously we could use an upgrade at Shingo. :tongue:

Jurr
05-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Middle relievers, setup men, closers, and shingos. Wow. What a concept. :hawk " I loooove cotton candy" Oh, the comedy.

sdccpa
05-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Obviously we could use an upgrade at Shingo. :tongue:

Nothing that about 5 or 6 123 innings can't cure.

Tragg
05-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Marte
Hermanson
Shingo
Polite
Viz/Cotts

Over his Sox career (4 years or so) Marte has probably been the best relief pitcher in MLB, except for exclusive closers.