PDA

View Full Version : who cares

lukesappling
05-01-2005, 09:42 PM
I've been lurking on this site for a very long time, and I like reading the thoughts of Sox fans. Recently though, this site has become filled with hate, and I can't take it anymore. The team is great, but all you care about is what the media thinks. Who cares? Seriously, please get over it. Lets enjoy the winning and show the world White Sox fans love their team.

PAPChiSox729
05-01-2005, 09:49 PM
I've been lurking on this site for a very long time, and I like reading the thoughts of Sox fans. Recently though, this site has become filled with hate, and I can't take it anymore. The team is great, but all you care about is what the media thinks. Who cares? Seriously, please get over it. Lets enjoy the winning and show the world White Sox fans love their team.

Firstly, :welcome:

Secondly, many posters on this site have the 'Who Cares?' mentality like you do. When a thread concerning the media comes up, they will simply ignore it, so I suggest you do the same. This team is great and the media doesn't realize it. But once they do, it won't matter anyways.

Ron Karkovice
05-01-2005, 09:50 PM

FLUB FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

jk, it's only natural to disagree with the media when they are wrong.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM

You're going to make a lot of friends here.

Rocklive99
05-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Yep, that's the best strategy, it just gets annoying to get so disrespected that sometimes it's hard not to note it. But that's how a guy like Mariotti makes his money, he wrotes some dumb comment, people here read it and make a 5 page thread on it and discuss it, and the cycle goes on and on. It's not as bad though, as long as you read it online and don't actually buy the paper just for the comment.

Also, welcome

Palehose13
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM

Nice to see you finally get a screen name, Kenny. :wink:

lukesappling
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, I'm glad to see a few of you agree with me. I get pissed when I read anti-Sox articles too, but lets ignore them. Lets show that Sox fans aren't just angry, but also love their team.

doublem23
05-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Well, I'm glad to see a few of you agree with me. I get pissed when I read anti-Sox articles too, but lets ignore them. Lets show that Sox fans aren't just angry, but also love their team.

Hell yeah.. I haven't read anything by Mariotti in months... and I'm a better person for it.

Irishsox1
05-02-2005, 01:03 AM

I agree that Sox fans should care what the media thinks, even if Sports Illustrated says the the White Sox are the worst team to root for, even if the Chicago and national media bad mouth and cast the Sox in a negative light, even if Sun-Times reporters check out this site, steal story ideas and then bash the Sox. I agree that we should support the Sox, (which Sox fans do by going to the games and watching almost every game on T.V.) but enough is enough with the media singleling out the Sox. Worst team to support!...screw you Sports Illustrated!!

Fredsox
05-02-2005, 06:50 AM

Are we holding hands and singing yet?

Ya know, Flub fans ask me why I'm vocally anti-flubs. Others want to know why I get pissed at negative articles. Truthfully, I'm not a quiet baseball fan and getting animated IS PART OF BEING A FAN. It's part of the participation process and I think it's just fine if people wanna rant at stupid ESPN or stupid FoxSports or anyone else. I pay my money to MLB in the form of tickets, merchandise, and I wear WSI hat when I do my lawn because it bothers my neighbors (all cub fans). Like a fan has a right to boo, I have a right to, nay, a responsibility to bitch up a storm.

TommyJohn
05-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Are we holding hands and singing yet?

Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya.

Hangar18
05-02-2005, 10:41 AM

Welcome ........ and keep posting :smile:

Iwritecode
05-02-2005, 11:34 AM
As Sox fans I believe we have every right to be upset by the crap the media spews out.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Just think about it this way: Joe Average who has a small interest in baseball but isn't really a fan of any one team picks up a newspaper/magazine/etc... In one article he reads about how the Sox are the worst team to root for because (insert all lame excuses here). In another article he reads how the Cubs are "America's team" and how they are so lovable blah blah blah...

The next time he has an opportunity to go to a game or watch one on TV, guess which one he will choose?

Then of course the same media ponders why the Sox attendance is so low... :angry:

jackbrohamer
05-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I think people just want the media to be fair to the Sox. And they aren't, so what's wrong with calling individual columnists and writers on it? Complaining on a message board may be a small megaphone, but until some media megacorporation buys the Sox what is the alternative, sit around and take it?

ma_deuce
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM

Let me tell you the story of Right-Hand--Left-Hand--the tale of Good and Evil.

HATE!

It was with this hand that Brother Cain iced his brother.

LOVE!

See these fingers, they lead straight to the soul of man. The right hand. The hand of LOVE!

The story of Life is this...

STATIC! One hand is always fighting the other. Left Hand Hate is kicking much a$$ and it looks like Right Hand Love is finished. Hold up. Stop the presses! Love is coming back, yes, it's Love. Love has won. Left Hand Hate KO'ed by Love.

Brother, lukesappling, if I love you I love you, but if I hate you...

I love you, my brother.

Deuce

PS: Always do the right thing.

schmitty9800
05-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Well as a Sox fan I've spent a large part of my life bitching about this or that. Now that the team's doing well all I can bitch about is the media coverage.

maurice
05-02-2005, 05:49 PM
. . .

Lee lifted that from . . .
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/section/movies/amg/dvd/cov150/drt000/t062/t06210mz0tm.jpg
Shall I tell you the little story of Right-Hand-Left-Hand -- the tale of Good and Evil? H-A-T-E! It was with this left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low! L-O-V-E! See these here fingers, dear friends! These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man! The right hand, friends! The hand of love!

Now watch and I'll show you the Story of Life. The fingers of these hands, dear hearts! -- They're always a-tuggin' and a-warrin', one hand agin t'other. Look at 'em, dear hearts! Old Left Hand Hate's a-fightin' and it looks like Old Right Hand Love's a goner! But wait now! Hot dog! Love's a winnin'! Yessirree!

It's Love that won! Old Left Hand HATE gone down for the count!