PDA

View Full Version : Sox coverage on MLB.com

SOXfnNlansing
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there has been LOTS of coverage on the .500 chubs and sub .500 Yankees on MLB.com and just a blip about our Sox? The only thing I've seen on there is a 5 minute radio interview with Podsednik a couple weeks ago. I thought for sure there would be something about the fast start or Garland's excellent start. I knew that BBTN was anti Sox but I am suprised that MLB.com is the same way.

johnny_mostil
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Has anyone else noticed that there has been LOTS of coverage on the .500 chubs and sub .500 Yankees on MLB.com and just a blip about our Sox? The only thing I've seen on there is a 5 minute radio interview with Podsednik a couple weeks ago. I thought for sure there would be something about the fast start or Garland's excellent start. I knew that BBTN was anti Sox but I am suprised that MLB.com is the same way.

Nobody's anti-Sox. They are just following the money. The Q meters go way up when they talk about Yankees and Red Sox and Cubs and Braves and Dodgers and they go down when they talk about the Twins and the White Sox and the Astros and they know it. If BBTN did a ten minute profile on our White Sox they'd lose the whole East Coast to YES replays of Yankee games from last month. East Coast fans spend the money at the ballpark and their teams get the attention because it works. OTOH, Chicago fans pick apart their 18-7 team's offense and defense and leave 19,000 empty seats on a cold Sunday. If the Chicago fans are too disinterested to go to the park when it's cold, they probably don't exactly excite the 18-to-49-male-seeking advertiser. BBTN would show highlights of the Devil Rays crashing the Highland Games -- if that nudged up their ratings a point.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Nobody will give a rip about us until we win a series in OCTOBER. If we win 105 and get swept round 1 everyone will say "See, we told you so."

CPditka
05-01-2005, 07:43 PM
suprisingly the WHITE Sox led off BBTN. They gave the game and Garland about 10 mins worth of coverage... I wish I could say the same for CSN Sportsnite, they led w/ the Flubs and the Wood watch.