PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

PicktoCLick72
05-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Harold Reynolds just said the White Sox are for real and are going to be aound for a long time. Wasn't he the guy who said we were just a flash in the pan a week ago?

BeerHandle
05-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Harold Reynolds just said the White Sox are for real and are going to be aound for a long time. Wasn't he the guy who said we were just a flash in the pan a week ago?

I fell off my couch when he said that. These guys are ridiculous. I was surprised that the Sox highlights were so early in the show. In addition, they said Garland is one of the best and can beat any 4th or 5th starters.

GO GARLAND!

ilsox7
05-01-2005, 06:16 PM
I fell off my couch when he said that. These guys are ridiculous. I was surprised that the Sox highlights were so early in the show. In addition, they said Garland is one of the best and can beat any 4th or 5th starters.

GO GARLAND!

Um, up until this point, Jon can beat ANY starter, not just a #4 or #5.

johnny_mostil
05-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Um, up until this point, Jon can beat ANY starter, not just a #4 or #5.

Didn't he just whip Barry Zito? I know Zito's struggling but he's not the A's #5 guy. Baseball ain't tennis, you pitch against whomever you run into.

White Sox Josh
05-01-2005, 06:23 PM
The Baseball Tonight guys are real windsocks.

flo-B-flo
05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
The Baseball Tonight guys are real windsocks. Indeed.

dcb33
He must be trying to jump on the bandwagon before its full.

SOX ADDICT '73
I'm so tired of these a-holes talking out of both sides of their mouths. As far as I'm concerned, Reynolds, Gammons, even former-Sox Kruk can keep their national media attention and leave us the hell alone.

Nard
05-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Harold a week into the season:

"These guys, the Tigers and the Twins, are gonna be competing all year long, along with the Indians, and it's gonna be fun."

skobabe8
05-01-2005, 06:29 PM
He must be trying to jump on the bandwagon before its full.

Thats what Skobabe's been trying to warn his flub fan friends...

"Theres 1, maybe 2 seats left on the bandwagon. You guys better get it while the gettins good!"

:D:

SoxSpeed22
05-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Harold Reynolds just said the White Sox are for real and are going to be aound for a long time. Wasn't he the guy who said we were just a flash in the pan a week ago?http://web.utk.edu/~bborchar/episodes/episode25/eps25_7.jpg"Keh"
All reporters are windsox to an extent. People say somethin, then they're wrong and change their opinion. I can't say "it's only April" anymore, but we'll still have to wait. Santana finally lost today so that's one change. Garland is 5-0, I'm still optimistic.

kobo
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
So which way do you guys want it? Do you want the media attention or not? Reynolds says something good and you guys bash him for it. Why do you even care what the media thinks? People who follow baseball and know a thing or 2 about the game and are not just mindless morons are going to know that the media talks out of its butt all the time. Let's just worry about right now and continuing to play good baseball. I say it's time to stop worrying what the media thinks and be gald we have the best team in the majors in the best city in the world.

guillen4life13
05-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I think a mod should consolidate these freads.

Cowhead418
05-01-2005, 08:43 PM
I liked "Under the Radar". I don't want the media kissing our ass and saying that "we knew it all along". Who cares what they say. I don't want national attention. Too Flub-like and anyway it's great to prove people wrong.

YourWHAThurts?
05-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I concur... it's good to be in STEALTH MODE!!!

Rocklive99
05-01-2005, 08:54 PM
LOL I saw this too, if anyone actually kept track of their comments and predictions everyone in the world would know that they have no credibility and no clue, their 'opinion' changes like the direction of the wind.

And Harold's reasoning on Garland was retarded, especially the way he stated it. Yep Harold, he'll be facing number 5s, which will have a lot a to do with the other team's offense, the only thing Garland is responsible for. And no matter which pitcher he's facing, it's rare to lose when you give up 0 runs

DaleJRFan
05-02-2005, 12:34 AM
...they said Garland is one of the best and can beat any 4th or 5th starters.

Ummmm... I'm fairly certain Garland could beat Johan Santana (hell, even Bob Gibson) at this point. He's ace.

SOXfnNlansing
05-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I can't believe they said the twins pitcher was best of the month because he was unbeaten since last June. Hello, it's April 05, not summer of '04! That guy got roughed up today, didn't he? Those guys over there at BBTN really are windsocks! I see why Harold likes Willis because I liked his great start also. We are fooling ourselves if we think that that bunch will admit to the nation that the Sox or Jon are worthy of mention on their show.

SoxFan76
05-02-2005, 12:57 AM
I can't believe they said the twins pitcher was best of the month because he was unbeaten since last June. Hello, it's April 05, not summer of '04! That guy got roughed up today, didn't he? Those guys over there at BBTN really are windsocks! I see why Harold likes Willis because I liked his great start also. We are fooling ourselves if we think that that bunch will admit to the nation that the Sox or Jon are worthy of mention on their show.

Yes, he was roughed up today, May 1st.

Banix12
05-02-2005, 12:57 AM
LOL I saw this too, if anyone actually kept track of their comments and predictions everyone in the world would know that they have no credibility and no clue, their 'opinion' changes like the direction of the wind.

And Harold's reasoning on Garland was retarded, especially the way he stated it. Yep Harold, he'll be facing number 5s, which will have a lot a to do with the other team's offense, the only thing Garland is responsible for. And no matter which pitcher he's facing, it's rare to lose when you give up 0 runs

the reasoning was stupid, especially since he beat great #5 starter Barry Zito in the start before this one.

If you give up 0 runs over 9 innings, your team tends to win. he didn't have to go into that 5th starter thing.

I actually noticed another fun little goof during the broadcast as well, they were talking about the cubs game and how Wendell Kim kept waiving runners home even though he was fired last season. Not only are they not watching sox games, they aren't watching cubs games either. Shocking since they talk about them so much.

There has got to be a baseball tonight drinking game somewhere... Everytime Kruk talks about being fat, take a drink. When gammons talks about the red sox being better than the yankees, take a drink. When Harold Reynolds contradicts something he said the day before, take a drink. You'd be stone drunk in five minutes and dead from alcohol poisoning by ten.

Any media attention, even from these yahoos, is still a good thing. Get people paying attention, or in BBTN's case, pretend to pay attention.

StillMissOzzie
05-02-2005, 01:25 AM

I heard Harold's comments, too, and I want to disagree with him for yet another reason. Maybe for the 1st week or two, the teams line up their #1 vs. the other team's #1, etc., but after the season has been going for a few weeks, it doesn't seem to me like it will continue to line up that way. I mean, this past week vs. the Tigers, the Sox had their #3, #4, and #5 going, so how can anyone say that the Sox 3-5 are gonna face the Tigers' 3-5?

The ONLY thing that made sense that I heard from Reynolds, and even THAT is partially based on his "#5 vs. #5" assumption, is that the Sox should be able to score more runs off of the opposition's #5 than the oposition will score against the Sox, when the Sox' #5 is pitching as well as Garland has.

Overall, I'd rate the BBTN tools as national windsocks just like Moronatti on a local level.

SMO
:gulp:

swanson24
05-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Everytime I watch Baseball Tonight I am reminded of one thing. Harold Reynolds is a Smart Baseball analyst who completely deserves to be on ESPN.
There is plenty of room left on the bandwagon Harold. Feel free to jump aboard.

StepsInSC
05-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Everytime I watch Baseball Tonight I am reminded of one thing. Harold Reynolds is a Smart Baseball analyst who completely deserves to be on ESPN.
There is plenty of room left on the bandwagon Harold. Feel free to jump aboard.

:tealpolice:

SoxSpeed22
05-02-2005, 04:31 PM
There is plenty of room left on the bandwagon Harold. Feel free to jump aboard.:tealtutor:

LVSoxFan
05-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree with those who say they'd take a pass on the national media exposure and accolades and now-popular predictions.

Under the radar, in stealth mode. Suits me fine. And the longer we can hold off the the bandwagon jumpers chewing up tickets I want to games, the better.

mealfred13
05-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Yes, he was roughed up today, May 1st.

I wouldn't say giving up 2 solo HR is exactly being "roughed up" but I won't lie; I was glad to see him lose, especially to a "former White Sox" pitcher "Fatolo" Colon.

SoxFan76
05-02-2005, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't say giving up 2 solo HR is exactly being "roughed up" but I won't lie; I was glad to see him lose, especially to a "former White Sox" pitcher "Fatolo" Colon.

Sorry, my point was that he lost in May, not April. The award was for the best pitcher in April.