PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Garland Kills the Kitties 5/1/05 Sox Winner!

mealfred13
05-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Wow. What more can you say? Another awesome outing for Jon. And some great hitting all around. Gotta love Timo's at-bats today too.

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Jerry Seinfeld
05-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Garland is a beast.:dtroll:

itsnotrequired
Garland came in with a 1.80 ERA and now has an unreal 1.38 ERA!:bandance:

jake27
is anyone else smiling from ear to ear now?

shoota
05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Garland is the MAN! Second straight shutout by a Sox pitcher since Jack McDowell did it in 1991! That's 23 scoreless innings for Big Jon.

pczarapa
Garland's been unbelievable, 5-0 with a 1.38 ERA!

:bandance: :dtroll: :bandance:

JUribe1989
Garland > Randy Johnson
Garland > Johan Santana
I'm lovin' it
First back to back CG shutouts since September 1991 when Black Jack did it

South Sider
We should all agree to ban the name "Judy Garland" for all time after this great performance today :bandance: :bandance:

peeonwrigley
BIG

JOHN

STUD.

:redneck

SoxWillWin
05-01-2005, 04:42 PM

I resemble that remark......1.38 ERA, 5 - 0 record, 23 scoreless inning streak, Garland is making a good push for an All Star appearance (maybe start) :D::D:

C-Dawg
That's a White Sox winner!! Let's carry this momentum on into the week and beat up on KC some more!

:D:

cwsfannick
Great performance by Garland as well as the offense. Sox needed a blow out win. Lets hope they build on this game and keep the momentum into the Royals series. :smile:

shoota

Yeah, and a special Garland smirk to Rob Neyer who said the Sox starting pitching--especially Garland--will not continue.

CanBuehrleWait
05-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Bless the day I drafted you on my fantasy team. But more importantly 5-0. Mercy keep it up big guy.:bandance:

WikdChiSoxFan
Goodnight Garland!!!

Anyone got a tribune headline?

The Racehorse
If there were 31 days in the month of April, he'd easily be AL Pitcher of the Month... though I think he should be POTM regardless... WTG Big Jon!

:supernana:

SoxWillWin
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, and a special Garland smirk to Rob Neyer who said the Sox starting pitching--especially Garland--will not continue.

Rob Neyer can take his comments and stick them in an unmentionable bodily orrifice.

voodoochile
05-01-2005, 04:45 PM
HisNastiness strikes again. That's just tough.

:winner

:twinslose

:supernana::supernana::bandance:

games in first^

owensmouth
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Back to back four hit shutouts. He didn't improve at all between starts.

Charno
I can't wait for Garland to be our ace in the playoffs and give us three World Series Victories! :D:

Unregistered
Great way to turnaround a series and a week when it looked like nothing was going our way.

With the Twins loss, we're 2.5 games up. We need to take advantage of the 3 game wet with the worst team in the AL and beat the crap out of the Royals.

:winner

Evman5
Garland is a Pimp.

Hokiesox
Seriously, do we have 2 Cy Young candidates now? unreal! Hawk was talking about splitting the Cubans up in the rotation last night, move garland to the "4" spot and slide El Duque down.

minastirith67
If there were 31 days in the month of April, he'd easily be AL Pitcher of the Month... though I think he should be POTM regardless... WTG Big Jon!

Maybe he'll be POTM for May...

mdep524
Typical Garland. Eight run lead, 2 outs in the 9th and he walks the batter.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :jon

SoxWillWin
05-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Goodnight Garland!!!

Cubs drop another One!!

(some guy named garand....garood, whatever, wins fifth straight for that other team)

WikdChiSoxFan
How bout that TRIFECTA today!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:
Push it Real good!!!

(oh man i hate that song, but I can dance to anything right now!)

South Sider
Anyone recorded this game on DVD / DVD HDD or VHS ???

I would love to get a copy of it

Send me a PM if you can help me out

CanBuehrleWait
Wood will have arm examination Monday. Day 1 on Wood watch.

Prior has a hiccup in 9-3 Lost.

Bulls have promising practice. Go for 3-1 Tommorrow vs Wiz.

Southsiders beat up on struggling tigers behing CG shutout by Galrand.

SoxFan48
a Four hit shutout every five days. Four sox pitchers in the top 10 AL ERA.

1. Garland
6. Hernandez
8. Garcia
10. Contreras

Shingotime!!
And i remember the Garland and Konerko for Vazquez trade talks..............:o:

WikdChiSoxFan
05-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Typical Garland. Eight run lead, 2 outs in the 9th and he walks the batter.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :jon

I wanted him to walk 'em just to hit White in the face!!!

But I can't be disappointed with the CG Shutout!

SoxFan48
05-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Seriously, do we have 2 Cy Young candidates now? unreal! Hawk was talking about splitting the Cubans up in the rotation last night, move garland to the "4" spot and slide El Duque down.

The Cubans are not burning up enough innings...to much stress on bullpen.

iamkoza
05-01-2005, 04:49 PM

wasn't neyer the only guy to pick the sox to win the division? I remember espn having a prediction list froma ll of their "experts" and only one guy though the sox would win, and i thought it was neyer, must be wrong

Fake Chet Lemon
05-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Take that you Timo bashers! To say he doesn't deserve a roster spot, what a joke.

swanson24
05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I can't believe the start Jon Garland has gotten off to! Here's hoping it continues and leads to many victories for the Pale Hose! I think the offense deserves a round of applause as well, especially Lopez who delivered an RBI and scored a run. We will need help from those guys in the minors as the season rolls along.

Unregistered
05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
PRIOR SHINES IN BAD LUCK OUTING
JOHN GARLIND GETS LUCKY BREAK VS BAD TIGERS

White Sox Josh
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
wasn't neyer the only guy to pick the sox to win the division? I remember espn having a prediction list froma ll of their "experts" and only one guy though the sox would win, and i thought it was neyer, must be wrongYeah Neyer did pick the Sox to win the AL central because he thought Contreras would win 17-20 games.

Jurr
05-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Garland's being a leader. Man, what a game. He was able to make his point against Rondell White and STILL pitches a shutout. What a turnaround.

johnny_mostil
05-01-2005, 04:53 PM
wasn't neyer the only guy to pick the sox to win the division? I remember espn having a prediction list froma ll of their "experts" and only one guy though the sox would win, and i thought it was neyer, must be wrong

Neyer picked them, and is still picking the White Sox. He's just pointing out that it isn't likely the staff ERA will stay at 3.01 all year.

iamkoza
Yeah Neyer did pick the Sox to win the AL central because he thought Contreras would win 17-20 games.

the big sob has the stuff for it, its too bad he doesnt use that damn fastball more often... also wouldnt hurt to get some more innings out of him

batmanZoSo
I told everyone about this kid Garland, that he'd be a stud. NOBODY believed me.

:wink:

depy48
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Cubs Farmhand Jon Garland Pitches back to back Shutouts

iamkoza
05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Cubs Farmhand Jon Garland Pitches back to back Shutouts

Matt Karchner gets new job cleaning toliets at wrigley

MRKARNO
05-01-2005, 04:56 PM
We're not going to lose a lot of games when we score 8 with our pitching staff. :thumbsup:

swanson24
05-01-2005, 04:57 PM
The Garland for Karchner trade looks better each and every day.

Cowhead418
John Garland: 39 IP, 6 ER, 1.38 ERA!!! Only 25 hits!!! 5-0!!!!

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

18-7!!!

mealfred13
Where's JGarlandrules20 when you need her? :D: Her namesake is our biggest surprise of the year (with the close exception of Iguchi) so far. Gotta love it.

Here's to the good-luck name :gulp:

zach074
05-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I love perfect days in baseball!

wilburaga
Judy, Judy, Judy...

Just as when Cary Grant said it, it's a term of endearment.

Jon's not under the radar any more, he's over the rainbow.

W

MRKARNO
The Garland for Karchner trade looks better each and every day.

The fact that we got 3 years of 200ish innings and average pitching from him should be enough to validate that trade.

Mark Buehrle
05-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, we got Garland from the Cubs for NOTHING.

shoota
05-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Not only did Jon dominate again, but he stood up for his teammate, Paul Konerko too. For those of you who need a recap, here's what happened: Detroit starter Wilfredo Ledezma hit Konerko in the back on a pitch right after Paulie hit a foul ball home run bomb. After Garland took the mound and recorded two outs, he threw a pitch a couple feet behind Rondell White as a warning to Detroit and Ledezma. Rondell White then pointed his bat at Garland and said a few words to him. Widger held White back and the benches cleared but nothing more happened.

Farmer got on Rondell White saying he should be lucky Jon took the higher road by not beaning him while still sending his message. Farmer said this is part of the game and rhetorically asked, "Rondell, what did you think was going to happen?"

Garland took the high road and then added insult by shutting down Rondell the entire game. Jon made Rondell look foolish on a few pitches when Rondell tried to get payback going for a home run, but instead grabbed some bench. Did anyone else take extra pleasure seeing Jon get White for the last out of the game?

Reminds me of 83
05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
My kids asked me today if I enjoyed the Sox Win more than the CUb Loss. The Sox Win is better I replied, ...............but I had to think about it.Cubs drop another One!!

(some guy named garand....garood, whatever, wins fifth straight for that other team)

Fake Chet Lemon
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd give anything for a Garland - Santana match up this week. Not saying that Garland is the better pitcher, but at this moment it would be the matchup of the year. F any Red Sox - Yankee matchup right now.

mealfred13
05-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Not only did Jon dominate again, but he stood up for his teammate, Paul Konerko too. For those of you who need a recap, here's what happened: Detroit starter Wilfredo Ledezma hit Konerko in the back on pitch right after Paulie hit a foul ball home run bomb. After Garland took the mound and recorded two outs, he threw a pitch a couple feet behind Rondell White as a warning to Detroit and Ledezma. Rondell White then pointed his bat at Garland and said a few words to him. Widger held White back and the benches cleared but nothing more happened.

Farmer got on Rondell White saying he should be lucky Jon took the higher road by not beaning him while still sending his message. Farmer said this is part of the game and rhetorically asked, "Rondell, what did you think was going to happen?"

Garland took the high road and then added insult by shutting down Rondell the entire game. Jon made Rondell look foolish on a few pitches when Rondell tried to get payback going for a home run, but instead grabbed some bench. Did anyone else take extra pleasure seeing Jon get White for the last out of the game?

I loved it! I was only dissapointed not to see an all-out brawl though...haha.

mjmcend
05-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I'd give anything for a Garland - Santana match up this week. Not saying that Garland is the better pitcher, but at this moment it would be the matchup of the year. F any Red Sox - Yankee matchup right now.

Garland did outduel him 2-1 last year at the Humpdome in one of Santana's last loses of the year.

swanson24
05-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I was getting the reports from this game over gamecast so I had no idea that the bench clearing thing had happened until now. That being said Garland stood up for his teamate and handled White the best way possible by shutting him down. Thanks for the info Shoota.
I can't wait to get out of school so I can head down to a game! Keep up the good work Sox!

krohnjw
05-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Nice to see the offense put together several run scoring innings (even if it was not against the best of pitching). A positive win all around :gulp:

jabrch
05-01-2005, 05:26 PM
a Four hit shutout every five days. Four sox pitchers in the top 10 AL ERA.

1. Garland
6. Hernandez
8. Garcia
10. Contreras

And our BEST pitcher isn't one of them...this rocks!

soxfan123
05-01-2005, 05:29 PM
I think the national media will be on the side of Garland because they LOVE young talent like Oliver Perez and Jose Reyes. If he continues this, perhaps our "under the radar" theory won't last too long. By the way, Prior gave up 8 runs with a grand slam today, adding a bonus to the already wonderful day!

SouthSideHitman
05-01-2005, 05:30 PM
My kids asked me today if I enjoyed the Sox Win more than the CUb Loss. The Sox Win is better I replied, ...............but I had to think about it.

Now I'd always take a Sox win over a cubs loss, no matter how much I hate the team in blue, gotta know which loyalties come first. Either way, welcome aboard!

That was good to see, real offense and more insane pitching. Without trying to jinx anything, after this series with the Royals, we could very well have a team era under 2. Let's just take care of business before hitting shammy's O's in two weeks.

jabrch
Where's JGarlandrules20 when you need her? :D: Her namesake is our biggest surprise of the year (with the close exception of Iguchi) so far. Gotta love it.

Iguchi at least had a history of hitting like this - albeit in Japan. Garland has not had this sort of success EVER, even when he dominated as a Cubs prospect in rookie league, or with us at WS/Char. Garland is clearl the surprise of the year to me. He has always had #3 starter potential, but he is pitching like a #1. That's HUGE.

jabrch
I think the national media will be on the side of Garland because they LOVE young talent like Oliver Perez and Jose Reyes. If he continues this, perhaps our "under the radar" theory won't last too long. By the way, Prior gave up 8 runs with a grand slam today, adding a bonus to the already wonderful day!

That picture NEVER gets old.

flo-B-flo
05-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Not only did Jon dominate again, but he stood up for his teammate, Paul Konerko too. For those of you who need a recap, here's what happened: Detroit starter Wilfredo Ledezma hit Konerko in the back on a pitch right after Paulie hit a foul ball home run bomb. After Garland took the mound and recorded two outs, he threw a pitch a couple feet behind Rondell White as a warning to Detroit and Ledezma. Rondell White then pointed his bat at Garland and said a few words to him. Widger held White back and the benches cleared but nothing more happened. Garland took the high road and then added insult by shutting down Rondell the entire game. Jon made Rondell look foolish on a few pitches when Rondell tried to get payback going for a home run, but instead grabbed some bench. Did anyone else take extra pleasure seeing Jon get White for the last out of the game? This is what I saw. Garland just has a nastiness now. And the pitches are never straight. Right after White overreacted, He through a wicked curve - or something - that RW just waved at. And yes I took extra pleasure seeing JG - after getting a bat pointed at him - make RW and the rest of his team mates look silly. Another great performance by Jon Garland.

flo-B-flo
05-01-2005, 05:36 PM
This is what I saw. Garland just has a nastiness now. And the pitches are never straight. Right after White overreacted, He through a wicked curve - or something - that RW just waved at. And yes I took extra pleasure seeing JG - after getting a bat pointed at him - make RW and the rest of his team mates look silly. Another great performance by Jon Garland. Through?? THREW....:redface:

JGarlandrules20
05-01-2005, 05:46 PM

Here's to the good-luck name :gulp:

Lol. It wasn't exactly good luck for JG last season...BUT. I think I can officially say Jon Garland rules now. :D:

cubhater
05-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Neyer picked them, and is still picking the White Sox. He's just pointing out that it isn't likely the staff ERA will stay at 3.01 all year.

He's right. At some point it's bound to get below three.:cool:

mcfish
05-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Just got back from the game. Awesome awesome awesome is all I can say. Timo laying down the perfect bunt with the bases loaded was sweet. Everett's little poke down the first base line was great too. Iguchi 1-3 today, but he had 2 walks and reached first on an error, so 4-5 getting on base. Pedro Lopez coming up huge for his first MLB hit, RBI, and then run.

But most of all, GREAT start by Garland. 2 straight shutouts!!! Unheard of! I was so happy watching him work today. If he can keep this up, the Sox are in a really good position for a few years at least.

Awesome game!

GregoryEtc
05-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Sox have led at least once in ALL OF THEIR FIRST 25 GAMES!!! First team since the '55 Brooklyn Dodgers to accomplish that feat (oh and that team won the World Series, FWIW).

bafiarocks03
05-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Oh the game was awesome!! it was cold! but it was awesome!! and the people around me were getting really annoyed, i could telL! lol! yea Jon is the best! and Willie shoulda played! and Bafia wasn't the batboy! but i did see him! so that made me happy!! :bandance: GO SOX!!

elrod
05-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Lol. It wasn't exactly good luck for JG last season...BUT. I think I can officially say Jon Garland rules now. :D:

Where the heck did you get that picture of Garland? He looks like the rhythm guitarist for Air Supply.

ElDuque26
05-01-2005, 06:41 PM
I was in attendance at todays game and the energy was great...it was a true testiment when the dans stuck around despte the freezing weather and the rain. Garland had dirty stuff today and the aggressiveness of the sox is insane. I cant remember many teams who have a guy bunt with the bases loaded and two outs...great work T-bone...Lata

downstairs
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I resemble that remark......1.38 ERA, 5 - 0 record, 23 scoreless inning streak, Garland is making a good push for an All Star appearance (maybe start) :D::D:

I am curious... has a 5th starter ever started in the all-star game before?

NonetheLoaiza
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
What an amazing outing yet again for Garland. Keep it up JON!

JGarlandrules20
05-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Where the heck did you get that picture of Garland? He looks like the rhythm guitarist for Air Supply.

Hah. No.. I got it out of this Chicago Magazine where they had the 20 elgible singles and Garland was one guy they featured. I scanned it and had him sign it last soxfest. :redface:

starboy0
05-01-2005, 07:11 PM
YOU DA MAN, JON! YOU DA MAN!

Listening to Jon during interviews has also impressed me. He really seems to have grown up and matured. I was never sure how to take him before but I have noticed a genuiness to his words now. Also I have noticed

THAT HE HAS BEEN NASTY NASTY NASTY on that mound!

This is starting to remind me of the '83 season when it seemed one starter after another was going out there to be better than the last. We got locked into a sweet cycle.

And I like how the Sox bounced back from the 3 game skid. Even during the skid they were in every one of those games. I'm also liking the team chemistry.

Nard
05-01-2005, 07:13 PM
5-0?

That's just the way he pitches.

Brian26
05-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Just got back from the game. Awesome awesome awesome is all I can say. Timo laying down the perfect bunt with the bases loaded was sweet.

That was such a smart bunt by Timo because Pena was playing WAY too deep at first in that situation (runner on third). Inge was in at third, but Timo read the defense and put the bunt down exactly where he wanted to. Great play.

fuzzy_patters
05-01-2005, 07:16 PM
I think Garland has learned something from watching another one of our pitchers. He does not seem to be taking much time between pitches just like Mark Buehrle. He is just getting it and throwing it, as Hawk would say.

Brian26
05-01-2005, 07:16 PM
And I like how the Sox bounced back from the 3 game skid. Even during the skid they were in every one of those games. I'm also liking the team chemistry.

We still have the best record in baseball and have won every series except one. We're in good shape.

Fake Chet Lemon
05-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I am curious... has a 5th starter ever started in the all-star game before?

Wasn't Loaiza a #5 to start that year?

I wonder how much credit our new signal callers get for Garland's start? And not having to worry about Jose playing Ole with all of his ground balls contributes? Regardless, of course Garland gets most of the props.

Brian26
05-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Wasn't Loaiza a #5 to start that year?

Techinically, he was our #4 to start the year. We opened in KC w/ Buehrle, Colon and Garland. Opening day at home was that Friday rainy game that went on for hours...Loaiza started that and got the win. Buehrle pitched the next day, and then Josh Stewart pitched on Sunday. So, I guess Stewart was our #5.

Frater Perdurabo
05-01-2005, 07:49 PM
"Judge" Garland hurls another gem.

At this rate, how can anyone NOT have the Judge as a possible candidate for the Cy Young award? He has made Buehrle look positively average.

OKCidiot
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Air Supply had a rhythm guitarist???? I am ***** here... best laugh I've had in a LONG time! Thanks and GO SOX!!!

Unregistered
05-01-2005, 08:42 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CXS10505012212.jpeg
"Dude, that chick is SO into you..."

balke
05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Not enough posts in this thread, but I guess there's not much to say besides, unbelievable job Jon G! :gulp:

Think its too late to move him to the closer role, and bring up B-mac? Perhaps we could trade him for a closer, sell high I always say!

Iguana775
05-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Air Supply had a rhythm guitarist???? I am ***** here... best laugh I've had in a LONG time! Thanks and GO SOX!!!

Air Supply had rhythm??

LOL

OKCidiot
05-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Lovin' it, Iguana!

White Sox baseball....Better than Jello! Even better than Air Supply!

LOL... sorry, but when I get the ball, I gotta run with it!

santo=dorf
05-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Techinically, he was our #4 to start the year. We opened in KC w/ Buehrle, Colon and Garland. Opening day at home was that Friday rainy game that went on for hours...Loaiza started that and got the win. Buehrle pitched the next day, and then Josh Stewart pitched on Sunday. So, I guess Stewart was our #5.

No it was
Buehrle
Colon
Garland
Wright (coming off a 14 win season)
Loaiza

I remember Loaiza talking about keeping a poster of the Sox rotation in his locker and he was a little upset for not being on the poster, so he used it for motivation.

Brian26
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
No it was
Buehrle
Colon
Garland
Wright (coming off a 14 win season)
Loaiza

I remember Loaiza talking about keeping a poster of the Sox rotation in his locker and he was a little upset for not being on the poster, so he used it for motivation.

You're correct. But Wright got hurt before the end of Spring Training, so I just listed what the starting five was to start the season. It ended up being Buehrle, Colon, Garland, Loaiza, and (fill in the blank).

voodoochile
05-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Not enough posts in this thread, but I guess there's not much to say besides, unbelievable job Jon G! :gulp:

Think its too late to move him to the closer role, and bring up B-mac? Perhaps we could trade him for a closer, sell high I always say!

Well, you know tomorrow is an off day, so by Tuesday there will probably be well over 300 posts in this thread...

Lip Man 1
05-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Kudos to Jon Garland for a classicly pitched game.Lip

TomParrish79
05-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Great job by Jonnie Ballgame

He pitched awesome today. Loved the throw behind White.

WhiteSoxFan84
05-01-2005, 11:09 PM
great game.
great hitting (of the ball and not of sox players).
amazing pitching performance by JGar.

KC comes into town tuesday-thursday sporting 2 wins in their last 11 games, but both wins have come in their last 3. Buehrle/Garcia/Contreras vs. Royals? We should easily get 2/3, a sweep is more than possible and would be hot.

Stroker Ace
05-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Garland > Randy Johnson
Garland > Johan Santana
I'm lovin' it
First back to back CG shutouts since September 1991 when Black Jack did it

Garland > Dontrell Willis

flo-B-flo
05-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Matt Karchner gets new job cleaning toliets at wrigley They are evening up the SOSO for Bell trade.

The Racehorse
05-02-2005, 01:28 AM

I'll add one more [post] by saying that the SOX square off against the Royals with the top of the rotation, versus their #5 pitcher with an ERA of 7.54 to start the series... c'mon SOX, make it three in a row!

milrtyme28
05-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Chicago Tribune headline tomorrow:

CUBS DROP A TOUGH ONE IN HOUSTON - BARELY LOST 9-3
WHITE SOX SQUEEK BY THE TIGERS 8-0, GARLAND BEST STARTER IN BASEBALL AT 5-0, SOX STILL BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL
PREMIUM TICKET OFFICES STILL HAVE TICKETS AVAILABLE - 3X FACE VALUE FOR YOUR PLAYOFF BOUND CUBBIES. YAY!

:)

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 02:38 AM
Chicago Tribune headline tomorrow:

CUBS DROP A TOUGH ONE IN HOUSTON - BARELY LOST 9-3
WHITE SOX SQUEEK BY THE TIGERS 8-0, GARLAND BEST STARTER IN BASEBALL AT 5-0, SOX STILL BEST RECORD IN BASEBALL
PREMIUM TICKET OFFICES STILL HAVE TICKETS AVAILABLE - 3X FACE VALUE FOR YOUR PLAYOFF BOUND CUBBIES. YAY!

:)

Ain't that the truth! Personally I'd rather be locked in a closet with Air Supply music piped in endlessly.

GO SOX!!!

Cubbiesuck13
05-02-2005, 02:48 AM
They are evening up the SOSO for Bell trade.

Some would say that the deal became even when it was apparent SoSo was cheater. Some would also say that they would rather have a loser than a cheating loser. And even some others would say that they would rather have a loser than a selfish, cheating loser.

Lets hope the offense keeps hitting the ball.

MHOUSE
05-02-2005, 03:16 AM
I think that behind the scenes Ozzie Guillen has had a lot to do with Garland's performance and maturity this season. I haven't seen anything in the media, but Ozzie wouldn't take any whiny crap from a young pitcher with a .500 record and last season he really gave him a longer leash than he was used to, even when he had rough outings. I think that Jon learned a lot from that and it has carried over into this season. Go Ozzie and Go BIG JON!

SSN721
05-02-2005, 08:31 AM
What a great game, not much to say when the games are so good and easy to watch. Much easier to come up with things to bitch about. But no complaints for this game, great to see an offensive explosion, hopefully soon Konerko and Rowand really come around and start hitting the way they should be. I think once those two start upping their averages, this team will be pretty hard to beat, it already is without them rwally contributing. Superb game for Jon. I think for the time being I will be retiring Judy as well.

Baby Fisk
05-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Amid all this Garlandish celebration, props to Timo for the bunt of the year.

MLB Extra Innings broadcast the Detroit feed for this game. The announcers started off the game proudly declaring that the Sox were not for real, and in their admittedly biased viewpoint they could see the Tigers easily beating them out by the end of the season.

By the end of the game, they were speechless. Every now and then, one of them would ruefully comment on Garland's NASTY stuff as yet another kitten bit the dust. It was fun to listen to! :bandance:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Personally I'd rather be locked in a closet with Air Supply music piped in endlessly.
Is that...? Wait... No. It can't be... Is that really the second reference to Air Supply in this thread in the last 24 hours? :o:

elrod
05-02-2005, 09:37 AM

Not sure, actually. But if they did, the dude would look like the Garland photo.

Baby Fisk
05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Not sure, actually. But if they did, the dude would look like the Garland photo.

He would need to get a perm.

Frater Perdurabo
05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Kudos to Jon Garland for a classicly pitched game.Lip

Lip, are you officially on board the Garland bandwagon?

Oh yeah, and

:tomatoaward:

Lip Man 1
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Not completely. Anyone can have a hot month but I give credit to where credit is due. He's been pitching magnificantly. Whether it's 'luck,' 'maturity,' 'confidence,' I don't care...so long as he keeps doing it.

Lip

bafiarocks03
05-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Hah. No.. I got it out of this Chicago Magazine where they had the 20 elgible singles and Garland was one guy they featured. I scanned it and had him sign it last soxfest. :redface:

haha i have that pictures too~ it's on my door!!

OKCidiot
05-02-2005, 09:28 PM
He would need to get a perm.

Hey, maybe he's another lost Brady! LMAO!!!

YourWHAThurts?
05-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/sully30/jsg.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002VC1.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000002VC1/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/102-3258149-6351320?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002VCS.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000002VCS/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/102-3258149-6351320?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music) http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000589EH.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0000589EH/ref=dp_product-image-only_0/102-3258149-6351320?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=5174&s=music) :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

elrod
05-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Wow. I was just kidding there, but that picture really does look like Air Supply.