PDA

View Full Version : Willie's "personal issue"

jabrch
05-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Dolgin on the pre-game show said Willie will not be with the team for a few days for a "personal issue" Anyone have any more details? Bryan, you have anything that is public info that you can share with us?

koch44
05-01-2005, 05:28 PM
:weewillie

"When Willie don't start, Willie has a problem with the team."

guillen4life13
05-01-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm guessing personal means personal. If the Sox/Willie aren't giving more information, then I don't want more information.

doublem23
05-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Probably timed traffic wrong and got hit by a truck.

Ouch, that's mean.

Jurr
05-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Probably stayed out late last night as Willie Mexico. Let's hope he doesn't have the same pathology that his brother Ron has.:o:

soltrain21
05-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Cmon guys...maybe there is an illness with a family member or something.

I hope everything is ok with Willie.

GiveMeSox
05-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Cmon guys...maybe there is an illness with a family member or something.

I hope everything is ok with Willie.

Im assuming these matter are related to family concerns or problems.

kevingrt
05-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Dolgin on the pre-game show said Willie will not be with the team for a few days for a "personal issue" Anyone have any more details? Bryan, you have anything that is public info that you can share with us?

I wonder how long a few days are? This is a bad time to have personal issues come up especially with Uribe and Ozuna a little sore. The off day Monday does help though, and hopefully everyone can be 100% for the KC series.

jabrch
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm guessing personal means personal. If the Sox/Willie aren't giving more information, then I don't want more information.

I guess I am more curious than you are.

swanson24
05-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I just saw in reading whitesox.com articles that Willie did not play because of a death in the family.

jabrch
05-01-2005, 06:32 PM
I just saw in reading whitesox.com articles that Willie did not play because of a death in the family.

In that case - condolences to the Harris family. Get yourself together and we look forward to seeing you back on the field.

bafiarocks03
05-01-2005, 07:06 PM
ohh..my poor Willie!! yea that was really mean about him getting hit by a truck!! and i had my i love willie sign all ready for today! i did hold it up! poor willie!!

Tadahito
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Willie has a family member that died and people blast him for not playing cuz of "personal reasons"

Jjav829
05-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Willie has a family member that died and people blast him for not playing cuz of "personal reasons"

Huh? :?: :?:

Who "blasted" him? No one criticized him for not playing. I think we all know that if Willie isn't playing, there's a good reason for it. I don't know what you're talking about.

kobo
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=kevingrt]This is a bad time to have personal issues come up especially with Uribe and Ozuna a little sore. QUOTE]
That is one of the most selfish and disrespectful comments I have ever read. There are more important things in life than baseball, this is just a game afterall.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Here we go.

guillen4life13
05-01-2005, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=kevingrt]This is a bad time to have personal issues come up especially with Uribe and Ozuna a little sore. QUOTE]
That is one of the most selfish and disrespectful comments I have ever read. There are more important things in life than baseball, this is just a game afterall.

Please don't take other people's posts out of context. I'm sure that had kevin known what the personal reason was, he wouldn't have said what he said--or at least he would have used a different choice of words. And even with the post he has up there, it's really not all that offensive. It's not like he's saying that Willie caused the issue or anything.

Ron Karkovice
05-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I love email.

you do?

bobelou72
05-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I Heard Willie told Ozzie he would play today . But Ozzie told him Family is more important then baseball. Class act willie and ozzie

CleeFan101
05-01-2005, 10:17 PM

wow over-react some? :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Ron Karkovice
05-01-2005, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=kobo]

wow over-react some? :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

why I oughta...

jabrch
05-01-2005, 10:30 PM

Nobody BLASTED HIM for not playing. It was just unfortunate that it happened at this time. Geez....

batmanZoSo
05-01-2005, 10:34 PM
This is a class thread all around. :cool:

balke
05-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Willie had a really good reason for missing the game. There was some serious personal things going on from what I hear, things far more important than baseball.

Jjav829
05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
This is a class thread all around. :cool:

Any thread that batman posts in is guaranteed to be pure class. :nod:

jabrch
05-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Willie had a really good reason for missing the game. There was some serious personal things going on from what I hear, things far more important than baseball.

And that's all I was trying to figure out. Based on Dolgin, Rooney and Hawk's comments, he clearly was "excused" for things that are more important than a game - but we never heard and explanation. I don't think anyone was ripping him - we were just curious as to what the details were behind his "personal issues"