PDA

View Full Version : MELTDOWN in Houston

OKCidiot
05-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Bottom of 5th inning, 1 out, 3-1 sCrubs, Astros have bases loaded, Prior strikes out Bagwell. 2 outs, Prior facing Mike Lamb(???), 0-2 count...

Can you say Grand Slam??? I knew ya could! 5-3, 'Stros. Next two batters, base-on-balls. Everett up, see ya! 8-3 'Stros!

Top of 6th, sCrubs have runners at second and third, nobody out... lame popup to the infield, strikeout, final out, runners stay put.

That sound you are hearing is WGN being switched off by frustrated sCrub fans everywhere.

Jerry Seinfeld
05-01-2005, 04:19 PM
ha ha. I love it.

Unregistered
05-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Yowza. 8 ER for his Royal Majesty.

So Cubs lose,
Twins lose...

Let's make this the perfect Sunday. :gulp:

White Sox Josh
05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
But I thought Prior was the best pitcher in baseball.

SOXPHILE
05-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I just missed the 'slam ! I was glancing at the game, flipping channels back and forth between the Cardinals-Braves game, and the start of the Sox game. I saw the Astros had the bases full with one out, so I thought I'd watch. But they made the second out, and I got pissed, thinking they were going to waste a great oppurtunity. I flipped channels some more, and when I came back, they were congratulating Mike Lamb as he came back to the dugout. I wish I could have heard Santo during the play too.:tongue: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

shoota
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Bottom of 5th inning, 1 out, 3-1 sCrubs, Astros have bases loaded, Prior strikes out Bagwell. 2 outs, Prior facing Mike Lamb(???), 0-2 count...

Can you say Grand Slam??? I knew ya could! 5-3, 'Stros. Next two batters, base-on-balls. Everett up, see ya! 8-3 'Stros!

When I saw the guy hit the grand slam off of Prior, I thought it was going foul. Then I saw thousands of Texans stand up and cheer and then I knew it was a grand slam! Sorry Prior.

HebrewHammer
05-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Thank you ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/photos?photoId=744865&gameId=250501118

bigfoot
05-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I thought I was watching the "Big One" at Talladega!

And a beautiful thing it was !

Dan H
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Without dominance from Wood and Prior, the Cubs are finished, and it isn't too early to say that. Wood will never live up to expectations; Prior may not either. Before you know it, it will be 100 years.

Rocklive99
05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
The funny thing is that Houston isn't even that good this year (tough when you lose Beltran, Kent, and don't have Berkman on offense). Their starting pitching is good. I haven't looked at the stats, but from quick glances, their offense has looked anemic.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-01-2005, 10:14 PM
The funny thing is that Houston isn't even that good this year (tough when you lose Beltran, Kent, and don't have Berkman on offense). Their starting pitching is good. I haven't looked at the stats, but from quick glances, their offense has looked anemic.
Last week, Mike & Mike gave a stat that in Clemens's four starts (prior to Friday), the Astros had scored a total of three runs...and he drove in two of those himself!

Though I'm sure the $22 million eases the pain a little...

Cubbiesuck13
05-02-2005, 03:15 AM
That sound you are hearing is WGN being switched off by frustrated sCrub fans everywhere.

That sound you hear is Flubbie Fans asking how many did he strike out.

eastchicagosoxfan
05-02-2005, 06:34 AM

Top of 6th, sCrubs have runners at second and third, nobody out... lame popup to the infield, strikeout, final out, runners stay put.

It never happened. No one is capable of hitting grand slam off Prior.