PDA

View Full Version : Keep Ripping Kenny!

Steelrod
05-01-2005, 05:10 AM
All you Kenny Williams critics take note!

Magglio is hitting .100 and may not play this year.
Carlos is hitting .216 and left 5 men on base last nite.

The genius on the other side of town (reporters opinion) signs Nomar, who might not play this year. Signs Kid K (for krap) to a multi-year, who is never healthy, and now cannot be traded. Lets best pitcher of last year go to Boston. Zambrano may set a record for starters thrown out of games. Ramarez is back to his old defensive ways.
Yet Peter Gammons still likes them to win wild card. Only way is for Prior to win 35 games, and that still will not be enough!
Cubs are downgraded from last year at; 2nd, ss, lf, rf, and starters. The bullpen speaks for itself.
It's not how much you spend. It's how you spend it!

DumpJerry
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Hmmmm.......birth of the Kenny Kurse?

balke
05-01-2005, 12:12 PM
But what about Jimmy Reed? :tongue:

doublem23
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Magglio doesn't have a hit yet, IIRC.

minastirith67
05-01-2005, 02:07 PM

That's what I thought, too...check your facts!

SOX ADDICT '73
05-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, for a second there I thought he came in and got a hit after I turned last night's game off. Not bad, considering he's a day removed from her-KNEE-a surgery.

For the record, Magg$ is oh-for-ten on the season, and frankly I don't see that changing all year. I can't believe the Sox would let this guy go!

soxwon
05-01-2005, 08:03 PM
All you Kenny Williams critics take note!

Magglio is hitting .100 and may not play this year.
Carlos is hitting .216 and left 5 men on base last nite.

The genius on the other side of town (reporters opinion) signs Nomar, who might not play this year. Signs Kid K (for krap) to a multi-year, who is never healthy, and now cannot be traded. Lets best pitcher of last year go to Boston. Zambrano may set a record for starters thrown out of games. Ramarez is back to his old defensive ways.
Yet Peter Gammons still likes them to win wild card. Only way is for Prior to win 35 games, and that still will not be enough!
Cubs are downgraded from last year at; 2nd, ss, lf, rf, and starters. The bullpen speaks for itself.
It's not how much you spend. It's how you spend it!

cubs are only 3-1/2 behind first. lol

34 Inch Stick
05-02-2005, 10:33 AM
While I may agree with the general point of this thread, the specifics you use really do not back the point. Sure Maggs is hurt, but how is his replacement doing (who was signed for 4 mil per year for 2 years). The players who have replaced Carlos have not lit the world on fire either.

KW completely retooled this team and they are winning. I wrote before the year started that this year it was truely his team and this would be a sink or swim year for him as a GM. So far, so good. However, your post does not really give him any help.

balke
05-02-2005, 12:06 PM
While I may agree with the general point of this thread, the specifics you use really do not back the point. Sure Maggs is hurt, but how is his replacement doing (who was signed for 4 mil per year for 2 years). The players who have replaced Carlos have not lit the world on fire either.

KW completely retooled this team and they are winning. I wrote before the year started that this year it was truely his team and this would be a sink or swim year for him as a GM. So far, so good. However, your post does not really give him any help.

Whether his replacement is Timo, Willie, Dye, or Gload.... They're doing better than what we would've spent 15 million+ on in RF. Dye can turn it around with batting practice. Maggs can't, because he's going to miss half if not all of the season. And before i hear anything about Jeremy Reed, I'll point to Anderson who looks great down in our minor system.

And I'll also point to Joe Crede, who was the supposed asking price if Reed wasn't on the table.