PDA

View Full Version : Another Nice Gesture by Sox PR

kevingrt
04-30-2005, 11:27 PM
For Friday nights game they were nice enough for people that arrived at the ballpark to have the ability to purchase two for one Upper Deck tickets. I forgot to post this right after the game, but I thought it was a great jester by the Sox organization. They gave credit to all the folks that got their arses out there despite the artic temperatures. Nice job, Sox PR!

danjames
04-30-2005, 11:29 PM
I thought this thread might be about the return of Andy the Clown. ;-)

Oh well, this is good too.

MisterB
04-30-2005, 11:39 PM
http://www.dreambox.com/images/scratchboard/jester.jpg

:D:

Charno
04-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Gesture, man. Gesture.

YourWHAThurts?
04-30-2005, 11:45 PM
They gave credit to all the folks that got their arses out there despite the artic temperatures. Nice job, Sox PR!

That's a far cry from a May night game I remember several years ago that was postponed because it was supposedly "too cold" to play. Quite a few of us were standing outside the ticket windows, evening sun still shining brightly, temperature cool but not uncomfortable, being told by the smug ticket counter clerks that "tonight's game has been called due to predicted cold temperatures." We all stood there in disbelief, but then we all realized that the Bulls had a playoff game that night. I finally told the guy at the window not to (expletive deleted) lie to me and just say that the game was called on account of the Bulls.

OKCidiot
05-01-2005, 12:48 AM
That's a far cry from a May night game I remember several years ago that was postponed because it was supposedly "too cold" to play. Quite a few of us were standing outside the ticket windows, evening sun still shining brightly, temperature cool but not uncomfortable, being told by the smug ticket counter clerks that "tonight's game has been called due to predicted cold temperatures." We all stood there in disbelief, but then we all realized that the Bulls had a playoff game that night. I finally told the guy at the window not to (expletive deleted) lie to me and just say that the game was called on account of the Bulls.

I remember that as well, and also that the Milwaukee Brewers somehow managed to get their home game in that night despite similar weather conditions.

voodoochile
05-01-2005, 09:48 AM
Gesture, man. Gesture.

Fixed, man. Fixed.

kevingrt
05-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Fixed, man. Fixed.

Thanks man, Thanks.

ewokpelts
05-01-2005, 12:58 PM
For Friday nights game they were nice enough for people that arrived at the ballpark to have the ability to purchase two for one Upper Deck tickets. I forgot to post this right after the game, but I thought it was a great jester by the Sox organization. They gave credit to all the folks that got their arses out there despite the artic temperatures. Nice job, Sox PR! two for one tickets for tuesdays game? or for friday's game? they start selling the two for one tuesday tix on fridays now...
Gene

SOXSINCE'70
05-01-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.dreambox.com/images/scratchboard/jester.jpg

:D:
I always prefer jesters over gestures anyway.:D: :D:

kevingrt
05-01-2005, 05:05 PM
two for one tickets for tuesdays game? or for friday's game? they start selling the two for one tuesday tix on fridays now...
Gene

There was a sign on the ticket windows saying you could purchase two for one tickets in the Upper Deck for Friday night's game.