PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Wood Leaves Game with shoulder injury

koch44
04-30-2005, 07:41 PM
According to mlb.com (http://mlb.com)

Kerry Wood left the game after only three innings with a shoulder injury.

SoxxoS
04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
This is becoming the most reoccuring topic on any of the boards.

DrCrawdad
04-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Injury? (http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/wound.wav) there is no injury.

Daver
04-30-2005, 07:59 PM
:whocares:

Unregistered
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah, this is starting to rival the Magglio Ordonez injury updates as the "Most Unsurprising Headline in Baseball."

Acid
04-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Hurt again bu tI am sure Baseball Tonight and all of ESPN will still pick him for Cy Young. Wood has made a career out of one game in his rookie year, he is always hurt and average at best. You also have to love his terriable attitude, perfect for the scrubs.

NonetheLoaiza
04-30-2005, 09:13 PM
THis thread should be tacked at the top of the forum and just updated throughout the season. I can set my watch by the shoulder/arm injuries he has had.

doublem23
04-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Hurt again bu tI am sure Baseball Tonight and all of ESPN will still pick him for Cy Young. Wood has made a career out of one game in his rookie year, he is always hurt and average at best. You also have to love his terriable attitude, perfect for the scrubs.

Tell me about it. Anytime I get in a discussion with a Cub fan and I bring up how ****ing overrated Kerry Wood is, they bring up that game against Houston, as if something that happened seven years ago still has relevance to his performance, or lack thereof, today.

SoxSpeed22
04-30-2005, 09:20 PM
THis thread should be tacked at the top of the forum and just updated throughout the season. I can set my watch by the shoulder/arm injuries he has had.We could do that to the total number of the following:
Injuries to Wood, Prior, Garciaparra
Bullpen blow-its
Zambrano ejections
Excuses made by Dusty and co.
Wacky things that Dusty says
Fans doin' stupid things
You know where I'm goin' with this.

Banix12
04-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I think this could be the end of Kerry Wood with the cubs, the fans are starting to turn on him the same way they turned on Sosa last season. His contract lasts for a few more years and it's at a relatively reasonable price for a strikeout artist, especially with players like Lowe making big money after mediocre seasons.

If hendry can get a deal for a Major league level player I could see him shipping him off at the deadline, when the cubs will of course be out of it. Then take the money he saves and ink Zambrano and Prior to long term deals.

FedEx227
04-30-2005, 11:07 PM
they should just realize how potential great of a closer he could be a man with no mechanics who can throw blazing fast speeds and can't handle the wear and tear of multiple inning games...

but these are the Cubs...

Banix12
04-30-2005, 11:22 PM
they should just realize how potential great of a closer he could be a man with no mechanics who can throw blazing fast speeds and can't handle the wear and tear of multiple inning games...

but these are the Cubs...

I do think he would be a good closer but certainly his health problems could cause him problems there too. If he is barely healthy enough to pitch once a week for more than three innings, how is he gonna pitch multiple times in a week?

I'd actually like to see what a good pitching coach like Leo Mazzone could do with Wood. Braves should try and trade for him.

Brian26
04-30-2005, 11:27 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

chuckn98229
05-01-2005, 02:34 AM
I think this could be the end of Kerry Wood with the cubs, the fans are starting to turn on him the same way they turned on Sosa last season.

Before the know-nothing cub fans turn on him, they will need to get their queue from Chicago's very own Tass/Pravda - the Tribune. When their sycophant sports writers get the memo to trash Carrie, you will see all sorts of stories appear to set the stage for his removal. The same goes for Dusty. The beginning of the end for both of these under-achievers will be marked by increasing criticism in the Cubune sports pages.

Banix12
05-01-2005, 04:11 AM
Before the know-nothing cub fans turn on him, they will need to get their queue from Chicago's very own Tass/Pravda - the Tribune. When their sycophant sports writers get the memo to trash Carrie, you will see all sorts of stories appear to set the stage for his removal. The same goes for Dusty. The beginning of the end for both of these under-achievers will be marked by increasing criticism in the Cubune sports pages.

Don't look now but it may already be happening. Phil Rodgers has already written a couple articles about his inablity to win 15 games and they keep printing all of the Steve Stone/ Kerry Wood feud articles. In fact i'd say he's been the brunt of the criticism heading toward the cubs. Dusty gets some but not much, Hendry gets none and he built that team, Zambrano usually just gets written off as emotional, Wood right now is the only cub i can see getting blasted by the press.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2005, 12:55 PM
"There's nothing wrong with his arm...it's just a little tendinitis."--Dusty Baker to the media last week.

Remember that? LOL

Lip

MRKARNO
05-01-2005, 01:01 PM
"There's nothing wrong with his arm...it's just a little tendinitis."--Dusty Baker to the media last week.

Remember that? LOL

Lip

Some things never change....

http://www.dustybaker.com/images/DustyHomeUni%20small.jpg

"There's nothing wrong with Kerry's arm, it's just a torn labrum in his shoulder. He should be fine to throw 140 pitches tomorrow on 3 days rest"

shoota
05-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Shame on Dusty Baker for even allowing Wood to pitch yesterday. The only cure for tendenitis is rest, and Baker keeps marching him out there thinking he can still pitch Wood every fifth day if he just keeps his pitch count down.

SOXPHILE
05-01-2005, 05:49 PM

Then what will we all do with our "In Dusty We Trusty" t-shirts ? I'm sure we all know how hard it was to find storage space for our "Shawon-O-Meters".

dcb33
05-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I do think he would be a good closer but certainly his ...health problems could cause him problems there too. If he is barely healthy enough to pitch once a week for more than three innings, how is he gonna pitch multiple times in a week?

I'd actually like to see what a good pitching coach like Leo Mazzone could do with Wood. Braves should try and trade for him.

I would love to see Kerry Wood close! So far this year he's given up half of his runs in his first inning of work and over the first 30 pitches he throws opposing batters are hitting in excess of .400. If LaToya is a gascan, Carrie would be sick of dynomite...