PDA

View Full Version : Gload to DL

cbrownson13
04-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtesy of whitesox.com. I didn't realize he was hurt. Has left shoulder inflammation, he is put on retroactive to 4.25. Sox recall Pedro Lopez from AAA Charlotte.

balke
04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
hmmmmm.

The Racehorse
04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Is this the White Sox or reruns of M*A*S*H*?

chisoxmike
04-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Seriously, what is going on?

SoxFan48
04-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Courtesy of whitesox.com. I didn't realize he was hurt. Has left shoulder inflammation, he is put on retroactive to 4.25. Sox recall Pedro Lopez from AAA Charlotte.

BA .179
OBP .214
SLG .239

Just what our struggling offense needs.

SoxxoS
04-30-2005, 04:29 PM
BA .179
OBP .214
SLG .239

Just what our struggling offense needs.

Should of gave a cup of coffee to Brian Anderson rather than this offensive stud.

mdep524
04-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Should of gave a cup of coffee to Brian Anderon rather than this offensive stud. Except Lopez plays SS, there's really nowhere to put Anderson at the moment.

SoxxoS
04-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Except Lopez plays SS, there's really nowhere to put Anderson at the moment.

Hello? Jermaine or Ozzie???

Daver
04-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Hello? Jermaine or Ozzie???

Have Anderson play short, what the hell.

balke
04-30-2005, 04:36 PM
or bring up fields, and put Crede there in a pinch.

jabrch
04-30-2005, 04:56 PM
or bring up fields, and put Crede there in a pinch.

No reason to get the clock starting on Fields. He shouldn't see anything this season short of a possible Sept. callup.

JB98
04-30-2005, 05:25 PM
They're just buying time for Uribe with this move. They don't want to put Juan on the DL.

I doubt Gload is actually hurt. He'll only have to remain on the DL for about a week with it being a retroactive move. By then, Uribe should be ready. The Sox just want an extra body for the middle infield until then, and Ross isn't going to play much anyway. I predict Gload will be reactivated as soon as he's eligible, and Lopez will be optioned back down.

Mark Buehrle
04-30-2005, 05:29 PM
They're just buying time for Uribe with this move. They don't want to put Juan on the DL.

I doubt Gload is actually hurt. He'll only have to remain on the DL for about a week with it being a retroactive move. By then, Uribe should be ready. The Sox just want an extra body for the middle infield until then, and Ross isn't going to play much anyway. I predict Gload will be reactivated as soon as he's eligible, and Lopez will be optioned back down.

That definitely makes sense. Since Juan Uribe Pablo Ozuna are still hurt, and Willie Harris isn't experienced at SS, they definitely could use someone who can play short stop.

Jjav829
04-30-2005, 05:37 PM

I think you're right. When I first saw this news, I thought this has the makings of an NBA injury.

:KW
"Ross, we need another infielder up here. You have some shoulder inflammation."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpg
"I do? Oh, I mean, uhh, OW!"

The Racehorse
04-30-2005, 05:41 PM
^Gload flopped but the ref's called it a charge foul!^ :D:

A. Cavatica
04-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Don't even suggest bringing up Fields. KW will probably bring up the wrong one.

buehrle4cy05
04-30-2005, 07:16 PM
Should of gave a cup of coffee to Brian Anderson rather than this offensive stud.

The White Sox should be having a Field(s) day with this opportunity...give Mr. Long-Swing-and-Popout a rest.

gobears1987
04-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Is this the White Sox or reruns of M*A*S*H*?
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Hawk was saying something like this tonight:
:hawk

"Col. Blake's plane was shot down over the sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors. MERCY!"

Lip Man 1
04-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I think JB98 has it pegged exactly right. The Sox are off again Monday so they'll sit Uribe Sunday and have him take Monday as well.

Lip

Fake Chet Lemon
04-30-2005, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't be be shocked if we don't see Gload in a Sox uniform again.

Banix12
04-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't be be shocked if we don't see Gload in a Sox uniform again.

I don't think I'd be shocked since we do have so many other options at his positions, but I'd still like to see him get more of a chance than the dozen or so at-bats he's gotten this season. He had a hell of a year last season and I'm rooting for him to be more than just a one year wonder.

StillMissOzzie
05-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I think you're right. When I first saw this news, I thought this has the makings of an NBA injury.

:KW
"Ross, we need another infielder up here. You have some shoulder inflammation."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_340393.jpg
"I do? Oh, I mean, uhh, OW!"

"OK, boss. Which shoulder is hurt?"

SMO
:D:

Randar68
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM

Pedro Lopez might have been the youngest player in all of AAA. He was rushed due to needs there while they have Valido and Gonzalez at SS at High-A and AA.

Lopez is a defensive standout, and if Uribe and Ozuna are going to be out, I'd rather have him at SS than Willie, although Willie has been passable...

Randar68
05-01-2005, 12:08 PM
The White Sox should be having a Field(s) day with this opportunity...give Mr. Long-Swing-and-Popout a rest.

You mean the Joe Crede who has been the only guy in the 3-9 positions in the order to hit with any regularity thus far?

Yeah, nevermind Konerko. He has 7 HR's, who cares if he hits .110 with RISP...