PDA

View Full Version : Updates on renovations?

TheOldRoman
04-30-2005, 02:15 PM
I was wondering for anyone who went to the game yesterday, had any significant progress been made since the beginning of the season in renovations? Have they started putting in green seats yet in the upper deck? Have they put in the ASTROturf or the bleachers on the FUNdamentals area yet? What have they been doing the past few weeks?

cbrownson13
04-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Didn't notice any astroturf. Definitely no more green seats put in, just bleachers, scout, and club seats so far.

A.T. Money
04-30-2005, 03:18 PM
They are draggin ass, instead of kickin ass!

paciorek1983
04-30-2005, 04:42 PM
With the recent roadtrip, you would have thought SOMETHING would have been done.

skobabe8
05-01-2005, 03:55 PM
this baffles me too. it doesnt take that long to take out old seats and put in new ones. and is the astroturf or whatever in the fundamentals deck a sure thing? i know the picture on whitesox.com shows it to be green, but....:?:

itsnotrequired
05-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Didn't notice any astroturf. Definitely no more green seats put in, just bleachers, scout, and club seats so far.

A few seats around the Scout Seats are complete as well but it doesn't look like any more than Opening Day.

TheOldRoman
05-01-2005, 04:22 PM
They showed the fundamentals area on TV, and there is still no turf.
If they dont want to use turf because of the extereme heat in the summer, they can at least paint the thing green with a tan infiled. That wouldnt be so hard.

Whitesox029
05-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I was wondering for anyone who went to the game yesterday, had any significant progress been made since the beginning of the season in renovations? Have they started putting in green seats yet in the upper deck? Have they put in the ASTROturf or the bleachers on the FUNdamentals area yet? What have they been doing the past few weeks?
I don't know about the fundamentals area, but the infield grass looks strangely synthetic...

batmanZoSo
05-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I'd like them to get in the entire outfield between the poles green very soon. That would at least give some symmetry and look great on TV. The left center thing has got to go, temporary or not.

April 17th the FUN deck was all concrete. No turf yet. That thing is great though, great place to stand and watch the game if I'm in the cramped lower deck.

Brian26
05-01-2005, 09:48 PM
The only minor change I noticed was that they've put up some black wind screens against the cyclone fence on the top of the Fundamentals deck where the batting cages are.

chisox2005
05-01-2005, 09:53 PM
From what I heard they were bustin' ass to get the restaurant done underneath the scout seats.

TheOldRoman
05-01-2005, 10:08 PM
From what I heard they were bustin' ass to get the restaurant done underneath the scout seats.
Ahhhhh. I forgot about that.

Hitmen77
05-02-2005, 08:00 AM
I'd like them to get in the entire outfield between the poles green very soon. That would at least give some symmetry and look great on TV. The left center thing has got to go, temporary or not.

I read that they are not going to complete installation of the green seats until opening day 2006. I expect that most of the seats will be installed during the offseason.

anewman35
05-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I read that they are not going to complete installation of the green seats until opening day 2006. I expect that most of the seats will be installed during the offseason.

Upper deck is getting installed during the season, lower deck next off season, or so they say.

DannyCaterFan
05-02-2005, 03:32 PM
A thought about Fundamentals..... i think the Sox should light up those pinwheels out there to add some color. It would look pretty awesome during night games.