PDA

View Full Version : What If...

Chisox_cali
11-06-2001, 12:36 AM
This is kinda a bunch of "what if's" but I was just thinkin about this: If the twins do contract and the D-backs move to the AL and Rauch lands a starting rotation job(outta ST or Mid-season,whatever) there could be IN THEORY a Jon Rauch vs. Randy Johnson match-up at some point next season(If there is a next season I know, I know) a 6'11" vs. a 6'10" match-up now that would be some interesting stuff right there.
:rauch
"I'm a a whole inch taller than the Big Unit"

GASHWOUND
11-06-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
This is kinda a bunch of "what if's" but I was just thinkin about this: If the twins do contract and the D-backs move to the AL and Rauch lands a starting rotation job(outta ST or Mid-season,whatever) there could be IN THEORY a Jon Rauch vs. Randy Johnson match-up at some point next season(If there is a next season I know, I know) a 6'11" vs. a 6'10" match-up now that would be some interesting stuff right there.
:rauch
"I'm a a whole inch taller than the Big Unit"

Jeez Cali, you've Really thought ahead. Next year might be Johnson's last season so everything is gonna have to fall in line for that to happen. But it would be kinda intersting. Johnson has never faced a pitcher taller than him(I think)

Vsahajpal
11-06-2001, 04:04 AM
I'd much rather see Rauch take on the Space Needle, 6'10" Ryan Anderson of the Mariners. Two of the most highly touted pitching prospects in baseball. Although, I suppose the window for a possible Unit/Rauch matchup is closing fast, whereas Anderson and Rauch will face each other on several meaningful occasions (IMO).

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I'd much rather see Rauch take on the Space Needle, 6'10" Ryan Anderson of the Mariners.

Yeah that's for the AL, but I bet Vic would like to see Rauch vs. Wood.

Vsahajpal
11-06-2001, 11:44 AM
I was thinking

Wood-Buehrle
Cruz-Garland
Prior-Rauch

sound good?

duke of dorwood
11-06-2001, 12:28 PM
:walk

And me vs. Felix Heredia

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Wood-Buehrle
Cruz-Garland
Prior-Rauch

sound good?

Yes it does. Wouldn't mind seeing Wright take on Wood though.