PDA

View Full Version : Windy City Sox Fans at The Cell Tonight

TornLabrum
04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
If you're at tonight's game and would like to do something to help out kids suffering from cancer, stop by the Windy City Sox Fans table behind Section 110 (right across from the Triple Play Cafe) before tonight's game.

Members of the club's executive board will be passing out information about joining. Windy City Sox Fans is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Proceeds from all activities go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and are earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital.

Over the past 10 years WCSF has donated about $70,000 to CBCC and thousands of dollars in toys during our annual holiday toy drives to Children's Memorial.

Benefits of membership include discounts to club events (our first "luncheon of the year will be an evening affair after the game May 15th), a subscription to the "Bleacher Features" newsletter (four times a year), membership gifts, and a 10% discount on many items at Grandstand when you present your membership card. But the biggest benefit is knowing that you've helped kids suffering from life threatening illness.

If you can't make it to the game tonight (and I understand because I can't be there either due to a previous commitment), PM me and I'll give you details on how to join.

Oh, and if anyone from the Sox is reading this, a big thank you goes out to the organization for allowing us to have a table at four games this spring.

voodoochile
04-30-2005, 10:28 AM
TL, feel free to post this information earlier in the future. I will personally see that it gets stickied (stuck?) here in the Clubhouse so people can have a longer time to process the information.

TornLabrum
04-30-2005, 10:47 AM
TL, feel free to post this information earlier in the future. I will personally see that it gets stickied (stuck?) here in the Clubhouse so people can have a longer time to process the information.

Will do. Thanks!

Fake Chet Lemon
04-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Only 3% of all funds raised for cancer go specifically to children's cancers. That's a shame, so every single dollar counts. If you think your life is rough, go visit Children's Memorial and see the fear in a 2 year olds face. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for, they know what is going on more than we think.

TornLabrum
04-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Earlier this year I had the honor of interviewing one of the kids who is an outpatient at Children's, a 10-year-old girl who is a huge Sox fan. She's been fighting her illness, currently in remission, for two years. Kids like her are the reason every cent we take in over and above expenses (and all of us are volunteers, so there are no salaries to pay) goes to Children's Memorial.

voodoochile
04-30-2005, 11:16 PM
bump...