PDA

View Full Version : 5/1 Kids Day...Anyone Going?

robiwho
04-30-2005, 08:53 AM
This is the first thread I've started...how exciting! :D:

I was wondering if anyone's going to tomorrow's game with their kids or if anyone has tips about kids day. I'm taking my three-year-old daughter to her first game at The Cell. We went to one of the exhibition games in Milwaukee and she did pretty well, so I thought it was time she went to a "real" game!

I hope to shamelessly exploit her as a means of getting pictures taken with the players. Does anyone know what time the signings start? I saw on the web site that they end 25 minutes before the game, so I'm trying to decide what time we should arrive.

We'll be easy to spot -- just look for a mother and daughter all done up in Sox gear in section 112!

CallMeNuts
04-30-2005, 09:00 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/kidsdays.jsp

shows the list of Kids' Days. 5/15 is the first.

They do have "Youth XL Replica White Sox Home Jerseys" for the first 10,000 kids 13 & under and the new FUN-damentals deck looks cool for the kids.

I'll be there with my family.

robiwho
04-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Well now, THAT'S embarassing! When I bought the tickets, the guy at the ticket window told me it was kids day -- I guess I shouldn't have believed him! :redface:

In any case, there is a free kids' jersey, and I'm sure she'll like that.

bafiarocks03
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
im going!! i want my jersey!!!

chisoxcardsbabe
04-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Well now, THAT'S embarassing! When I bought the tickets, the guy at the ticket window told me it was kids day -- I guess I shouldn't have believed him! :redface:

In any case, there is a free kids' jersey, and I'm sure she'll like that.

Hey, you're on the White Sox LJ community, right? I'm a mod over there, and I'll be in attendance.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can pass for 13 to get a jersey....

Hagan
05-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Wilkes edit: Classless, Hagan. One more stupid post and it's off to the penalty box with you.

BRDSR
05-01-2005, 10:18 AM
im going!! i want my jersey!!!

Bafia, I hope you look young cause you're not actually young enough to get a jersey. It's for kids 13 and under. But a lot of times they don't really pay too much attention and just give them to anyone who doesn't look like they pay a mortgage. My girlfriend is going and she's 20 and hoping to get a jersey(she's pretty short, I think she actually has a chance).

Ol' No. 2
05-01-2005, 10:33 AM

In any case, there is a free kids' jersey, and I'm sure she'll like that.Kids' days are a lot of fun. If you have a 3-year-old, she'd probably have more fun with the pony rides and games outside. People start lining up early, and they open the gates promptly 90 minutes before game time. People run like hell to line up for their favorite players. Lines for the most popular players get pretty long, so if you want one of them, you'd better get there when the gates open and get in line fast. Players are distributed all along the field by the wall, with each at a designated aisle, so you can line up for your favorite. They show up about 15 min after the gates open and sign autographs for about 45 min. They don't technically allow pictures, but if you don't hold up the line, they generally will allow them - just don't expect time for posing. Kids can run the bases after the game, but they have to be a certain height, and a 3-year-old won't qualify.

CubKilla
05-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Kids' days are a lot of fun.

If you have kids I guess they could be. I avoid Kid's Days like the plague.

ewokpelts
05-01-2005, 12:56 PM
If you have kids I guess they could be. I avoid Kid's Days like the plague.i went to my first one last year.....i got a picture taken with a monkey....that makes kids day worth it...
Gene

Jurr
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I want to go to London and get my picture taken with the smoking monkey. that is the funniest animal I've ever seen. He SMOKES!!!

bafiarocks03
05-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Bafia, I hope you look young cause you're not actually young enough to get a jersey. It's for kids 13 and under. But a lot of times they don't really pay too much attention and just give them to anyone who doesn't look like they pay a mortgage. My girlfriend is going and she's 20 and hoping to get a jersey(she's pretty short, I think she actually has a chance).

yup! i got one! the guy wasn't gonna give me one, i had to tell him i was 13 then he was just like ok whatever!

Ol' No. 2
05-01-2005, 09:52 PM
i went to my first one last year.....i got a picture taken with a monkey....that makes kids day worth it...
GeneAnd I can't see how anyone would disagree with that.:o: