PDA

View Full Version : New Sox Commercials

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Did anyone read this (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-sox29.html) Sun-Times article about the new Sox commericals that were shot yesterday? The article talks about the one for Aaron Rowand, and it seems like Rowand's commercial seems like a plotline for "Six Feet Under." Eerie.

NSSoxFan
04-30-2005, 02:19 AM
Did anyone read this (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-sox29.html) Sun-Times article about the new Sox commericals that were shot yesterday? The article talks about the one for Aaron Rowand, and it seems like Rowand's commercial seems like a plotline for "Six Feet Under." Eerie.

I like the direction the commercials are going. They sort of remind me of 'Line Shot'. There is one thing though...
Dye dies in RF and they say "At least he was trying?" :?: Is this the same Brooks Boyer that turned down a suggestion from a poster here on WSI, that said "Speed Kills", but Boyer didn't think it was useable because it had the word 'kills' in it? Wierd.

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2005, 02:24 AM
I like the direction the commercials are going. They sort of remind me of 'Line Shot'. There is one thing though...
Dye dies in RF and they say "At least he was trying?" :?: Is this the same Brooks Boyer that turned down a suggestion from a poster here on WSI, that said "Speed Kills", but Boyer didn't think it was useable because it had the word 'kills' in it? Wierd.

The article says that Rowand is, well, the corpseballer and not Dye.

NSSoxFan
04-30-2005, 02:26 AM
The article says that Rowand is, well, the corpseballer and not Dye.

Yup, my fault.

zach074
04-30-2005, 09:15 AM
I love Rowands quote "I've got plenty of practice running into walls, so I'm pretty sure it will only take one take," he said.

Two By Four
05-16-2005, 06:39 PM

The paper got it all wrong...it is not Dye, no one "actually" dies, it is not RF, and there is no line about "at least he was trying". (I should know, as I wrote them.)

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
A good outfielder can "taste" the wall......?

South Side
05-18-2005, 12:02 AM
When will these start airing?

TomBradley72
05-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Two By Four....have you guys considered using the content from the video played to open Sox home games and incorporate into TV commericials?....that video really tells the White Sox story...and where "Sox Pride" comes from. What about having Comcast/WGN/WCIU incorporate the video into their broadcasts the way the Bulls use their game opening video as part of their broadcasts of home games?