PDA

View Full Version : Same as last year, its OK!

GiveMeSox
04-30-2005, 12:23 AM
I remember about this time last year, might have been a week later the sox got swept by Toronto on the road. Everyone was up in arms. We were in first place and we got swept by a lousy team. I remember some people here got me to settle down by telling me its OK its just a little slump and they will come through. And sure enough they did winning the next series from Baltimore. Now the sox have lost another 3 in a row after starting off in first place. There is no doubt they are battling and not rolling over. If you beleive history repeats itself then look for the sox to snap out of it tomorrow or the day after and take this or the next series.

Whitesox029
04-30-2005, 01:32 AM
I remember about this time last year, might have been a week later the sox got swept by Toronto on the road. Everyone was up in arms. We were in first place and we got swept by a lousy team. I remember some people here got me to settle down by telling me its OK its just a little slump and they will come through. And sure enough they did winning the next series from Baltimore. Now the sox have lost another 3 in a row after starting off in first place. There is no doubt they are battling and not rolling over. If you beleive history repeats itself then look for the sox to snap out of it tomorrow or the day after and take this or the next series.
If I were to believe that history repeats itself I would be ok now but would be forced into a slump of pessimism come September.

Lip Man 1
04-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, I mean isn't 87 years and counting long enough?

Lip

Sleep520
04-30-2005, 03:44 AM
Unless we went to the playoffs last year (I believe we didn't), I don't want history to repeat itself.

kevingrt
04-30-2005, 12:05 PM

Remember that Baltimore series. It was the beginning of the end for Mr. Koch, damn was he bad in that series. He got the job done though once.