PDA

View Full Version : Petty annoyance: Fans who act like buffoons in the scout seats

TheOldRoman
04-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I got home and turned the game on in the 5th inning. The whole time there was this bald, fat drunk making an ass of himself before every pitch. I havent seen him behing homeplate before. I dont know if he is a regular, or just got the tickets from work, or what, but I hope he never sits there again. This jackass is jumping up and flailing his arms before every pitch. He has been on the phone the whole time, and right before every pitch he raises the non phone hand, always with a beer in it. I dont know what is angering me more, the crappy play today or this moron.
I like the scout seats, they improve the look of the park, but they need to make and strictly enforce a rule of no waving to the camera. This isnt Wrigley. Hey Tons of Fun, put down the cell phone, cut yourself off at 10 beers, and think about your family!

OKCidiot
04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Remember in the 1986 World Series at Shea Stadium? There was that obnoxious fat woman with glasses, short blonde hair and a white sweatshirt sitting right behind home plate who kept doing a rolling motion with her arms whenever the pitcher would get ready to pitch the ball. I remember listening to Steve Dahl on the radio, and they talked about her (I remember him saying, "didn't you just want to slap her???!!!")

White Sox Josh
04-29-2005, 11:43 PM
You would think that people in the Scout Seats would actually be there to watch the game.:angry:

gobears1987
04-29-2005, 11:44 PM
You would think that people in the Scout Seats would actually be there to watch the game.:angry:
THe odds are that it is mainly companies that buy up the seats and give tickets to clients or employees.

santo=dorf
04-29-2005, 11:53 PM
:XL
"What I do in the scout seats is none of your damn business."

gobears1987
04-30-2005, 12:11 AM
The resemblance is striking. Nice way to spend your time on the DL. How many beers did you have? Five? That's all you had David. Oh, you must have meant 5 per inning. My bad.

itsnotrequired
04-30-2005, 12:28 AM
I miss the respectable M&M man.

woodenleg
04-30-2005, 08:08 AM
That's weird.

A couple of weeks ago, I rode the train from the north side to the south side, and there were lots of Sox fans on the train.

This young guy, who didn't look at all like a Sox fan, had on a brand new Sox hat, and was already drunk, and screaming to everyone, "hey are you a Sox fan, are you a Sox fan? Look at all of the Sox fans here!"

It was so bizarre - I take the train to games all of the time, and I've never seen behavior like that.

robiwho
04-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I laughed out loud when I read your post and had to read it to my husband. I was railing against this guy last night! He was driving me absolutely nuts. I also found myself wishing for M&M Man!

Thanks for giving me a place to vent publicly!

Brian26
04-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I only saw a couple of small comments about this dweeb in the official game thread. Was anyone else completely and utterly distracted and annoyed by this guy? He was acting like a complete moron...on his cell phone for the entire game, making call after call. I don't think he watched one pitch of the entire game. He kept holding his beverage up. Man, either the guy has never been to a game before or never been on tv before...whatever. It was embarrassing to watch. Can the Sox security do anything about this behavior? I don't expect them to confiscate cell phones, and I can't imagine they're going to really put the hammer down on people paying 200 bills for a seat. Tough situation. It was really, really annoying to watch though.

A.T. Money
04-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Well, fans wanted that big tunnel removed and replaced with seats. This was just going to happen. The novelty will never wear off. You see this all over the major leagues.

Brian26
04-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, fans wanted that big tunnel removed and replaced with seats. This was just going to happen.

Yep- I thought the same thing last night. It was just really annoying because there was no way to avoid looking at the guy...he was directly over the catcher's right shoulder.

DumpJerry
04-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, I saw him too and was completely annoyed by him. He was probably a "can you see me now on television?" Flub fan. They do that. You can tell he was talking to someone who was watching because he reacted 2 seconds afterr the camera was on him, how else would he know the camera was on him?

I wish I knew someone who was sitting in the Scout Seats so I could have called him and order a hit.

I just knew this would wind up here. He was too much over the top.

Brian26
04-30-2005, 04:32 PM
I just knew this would wind up here. He was too much over the top.

Yeah, I apologize to the mods for starting a new thread about this. I looked around in the Parking Lot and PTC boards...didn't see anything else. It didn't dawn on me to check What's the Score. Anyway, looks like everyone agrees he was a goof.

DumpJerry
04-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I apologize to the mods for starting a new thread about this. I looked around in the Parking Lot and PTC boards...didn't see anything else. It didn't dawn on me to check What's the Score. Anyway, looks like everyone agrees he was a goof.
Oh no, Brian, I wasn't be critical of you. It's just when I saw him last night, I knew I had two choices, shoot the bum or post on here to vent......

FedEx227
04-30-2005, 10:54 PM
We must start a petition to get awesome yellow jacket M&Ms awesome man back out there...BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!

Baby Fisk
05-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Sorry if this was brought up in another thread. I almost went out of my skull watching Friday night's game on TV. Anyone notice the fat bald guy in the front row of the seats behind home plate? About the 3rd or 4th inning, he started dialing people up on his cell phone and waving for the cameras. And waving. And waving. And waving. And waving. And waving. The entire ****ing game this fat buffoon was waving for the cameras. Then he started clowning around, slapping the top of his head like an idiot. Constantly getting up and down and waving some more! This fool seemed to have the attention span of a 4-year-old and the intelligence of a 2-year-old. :angry:

The players can tune out **** like that, but it was damn annoying to have to watch that fat fool making an arse of himself all night. I was hoping someone in the vicinity would find a way to spill their drink on the idiot's head.

Can something be done about people who insist on acting like buffoons when they know they are being captured by the TV cameras?

Soxzilla
05-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I think I saw him doing the chicken dance at one point early in the game.

Never noticed him thereafter.:gulp:

The Racehorse
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
BF, TheOldRoman mentioned it in Whats the Score. :smile:

Fat Drunk Piece of Garbage Making Ass of Himself in Scout Seats (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49144)

Baby Fisk
05-01-2005, 12:14 PM
BF, TheOldRoman mentioned it in Whats the Score. :smile:

Fat Drunk Piece of Garbage Making Ass of Himself in Scout Seats (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49144)

Damn, I didn't think to look in What's The Score. Thanks Racehorse. I'm glad there was widespread annoyance and strong disapproval of that fat fool's behaviour.

WHITE SOX BASEBALL: PUT DOWN THE PHONE AND WATCH THE DAMN GAME! :angry:

Rocklive99
05-01-2005, 12:48 PM
I didn't see the guy on Friday, but I saw the guy during last night's game who kept moving his shoulders and flapping his arms like wings, I don't know if he thought he was distracting the pitcher (even though he also did it when we were pitching) or he wanted attention. Man, if I had those seats, I'd cherish the view, being so close, and these rich or corporate people act like little kids and they probably don't even care about the game

SpammySosa
05-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Sorry if this was brought up in another thread. I almost went out of my skull watching Friday night's game on TV. Anyone notice the fat bald guy in the front row of the seats behind home plate? About the 3rd or 4th inning, he started dialing people up on his cell phone and waving for the cameras. And waving. And waving. And waving. And waving. And waving. The entire ****ing game this fat buffoon was waving for the cameras. Then he started clowning around, slapping the top of his head like an idiot. Constantly getting up and down and waving some more! This fool seemed to have the attention span of a 4-year-old and the intelligence of a 2-year-old. :angry:

The players can tune out **** like that, but it was damn annoying to have to watch that fat fool making an arse of himself all night. I was hoping someone in the vicinity would find a way to spill their drink on the idiot's head.

Can something be done about people who insist on acting like buffoons when they know they are being captured by the TV cameras?

Maybe I am offended because I am overweight,but how does this man's size have anything to do with his idiotic actions?It reminds me of people who get cut off in traffic and when retelling the story to someone else say,"This black guy cut me off." If you were referencing his weight to intially make it clear which fan you were talking about,it might have some credibility.But as obnoxious as his actions were,I am sure everyone would have known who you were talking about without beating his fatness into the ground.I have seen you do this in another thread before,so it is not an isolated issue.

Jjav829
05-01-2005, 01:27 PM

:D: :D:

That was my thought when I saw him, as well.

TheOldRoman
05-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Maybe I am offended because I am overweight,but how does this man's size have anything to do with his idiotic actions?It reminds me of people who get cut off in traffic and when retelling the story to someone else say,"This black guy cut me off." If you were referencing his weight to intially make it clear which fan you were talking about,it might have some credibility.But as obnoxious as his actions were,I am sure everyone would have known who you were talking about without beating his fatness into the ground.I have seen you do this in another thread before,so it is not an isolated issue.
Hey, I started the thread, and Im fat too. I was just saying he was fat to describe him to WSIers who didnt see him. I also said he was bald, and I dont think that had any relevance to the subject, either.:redneck

Baby Fisk
05-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Relax, Spammy. I'm as plump as Winston Churchill. It takes a fat fool to know a fat fool. :cool:

(but point taken)

Over By There
05-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I was one of the ones complaining in the game thread... I'm glad others got so riled up over this guy too - I kept yelling at him (at the TV) and my wife couldn't understand why I was so worked up. I'm sure the crap that was happening on the field had to do with why the guy was driving me crazy, but still, what a moron that guy was.

SoxFan78
05-02-2005, 10:10 AM
It didn't help that the Sox were frustrating as hell that game also. I just wanted the usher go to up to him, take his cell phone and slap him in the face. What a bufoon. I was just hoping no cub fans were watching that game, because they can use that guy against us. For all of the drunk/cell phone fans at Wrigley, this guy was more annoying then all of them.

Over By There
05-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Just saw this at Chicago Media Monitor. Includes a rant about the guy, and a picture of the bufoon.

http://chicagomediamonitor.com/Images/fatguybox.JPG

Linky (http://www.chicagomediamonitor.com/blog/_archives/2005/4/30/634308.html)

skobabe8
05-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Just saw this at Chicago Media Monitor. Includes a rant about the guy, and a picture of the bufoon.

Thats laugh-out-loud funny.

Bobby Thigpen
05-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Was it just me or did anyone else see this tool grab a rather decent looking young ladies butt as she walked by him toward the aisle? He was pretty annoying.

The Racehorse
05-03-2005, 01:39 AM

Thats laugh-out-loud funny.

ditto. :D:

infohawk
05-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Remember in the 1986 World Series at Shea Stadium? There was that obnoxious fat woman with glasses, short blonde hair and a white sweatshirt sitting right behind home plate who kept doing a rolling motion with her arms whenever the pitcher would get ready to pitch the ball. I remember listening to Steve Dahl on the radio, and they talked about her (I remember him saying, "didn't you just want to slap her???!!!")

Man, I totally remember that! What a loon.

infohawk
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
I wonder what ever happened to the guy wearing the loud "M & M's" jacket who was right behind home plate during the the first homestand of the year?