PDA

View Full Version : Happy 22nd anniversary!!!!

santo=dorf
04-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Cubs Elia Tirade anniversary

http://www.goodhitter.com/images/lee60.jpg Today is the 22nd anniversary of the single greatest meltdown in the history of sports. Lee Elia was the manager of the Chicago Cubs for the 1982 and part of the 1983 season. On April 29, 1983, after a one-run day game home loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers where the team had been booed and heckled by the home fans, he held a post-game press conference, where he lashed out at the Cub fans.

The team was 5-14 at that point, but Elia felt that they were a better team that they were getting credit for. Elia has 456 words for the Wrigley Field fans and 43 of 'em are curses.

BenMaller.com feels important to remember the work of Les Grobstein a Chicago radio reporter who saved the audio tape for generations of sports fans to enjoy.

Elia Highlights: "They oughta go out and get a fing' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a fing' living. Eighty-five percent of the fing' world is working. The other 15 percent come out here."

Click here (http://www.speakeasy.org/~bucky/lee_elia_br.mp3) to download the Lee Elia meltdown.

Let's see what this baby looks like with the filters.
**** those ****in' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you, rippin' every ****in' thing you do. I'll tell you one ****in' thing, I hope we get ****in' hotter than ****, just to stuff it up them 3,000 ****in' people that show up every ****in' day, because if they're the real Chicago ****in' fans, they can kiss my ****in' ass right downtown and PRINT IT.

They're really, really behind you around here...my ****in' ass. What the **** am I supposed to do, go out there and let my ****in' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the ****in' nickel-dime people who turn up? The mother****ers don't even work. That's why they're out at the ****in' game. They oughta go out and get a ****in' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a ****in' living. Eighty-five percent of the ****in' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A ****in' playground for the ********ers. Rip them mother****ers. Rip them ****in' ********ers like the ****in' players. We got guys bustin' their ****in' ass, and them ****in' people boo. And that's the Cubs? My ****in' ass. They talk about the great ****in' support the players get around here. I haven't see it this ****in' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole ****in' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

Alright, they don't show because we're 5 and 14...and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb fifteen mother****in' percent that come out to day baseball. The other eighty-five percent are earning a living. I tell you, it'll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some ****in' pros out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a ****in' stigma of the ****in' Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals an all that cheap ****. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening ****in' situation that we're in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 ****in' games left. What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them ****in' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my ****in' ass. But don't rip them ****in' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give. And right now they're tryin' to do more than God gave 'em, and that's why we make the simple mistakes. That's exactly why.
:D:

The Racehorse
04-30-2005, 01:21 AM
:worship: Lee Elia is THE MAN. God Bless him!