04-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Can I change my PTC?

Good Luck Willie.

PAPChiSox729
04-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Who is at second? Neal Cotts?

Unregistered
04-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Yep Uribe still hurting... Ozzie says he'll sit for a couple more games.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Maybe it's good that Ozzie has former teammates as coaches because Joey Cora may need to play soon.

Ol' No. 2
04-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Per ESPN1000, ugh.Against a LHP? Why not Ozuna? I guess he must still be hurting, too.

chaerulez
04-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Didn't Iguchi play some SS in Japan?

seanpmurphy
04-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Who is at second? Neal Cotts?

Jermaine Dye. Ha!

GiveMeSox
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Per ESPN1000, ugh.

Oh crap!!

DaveIsHere
04-29-2005, 05:58 PM
lets give Willie a chance, it will be his first start at SS. He does have great range, I only worry about his arm, we shall see. Lets knock those kittens out of the water this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

Blueprint1
04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
lets give Willie a chance, it will be his first start at SS. He does have great range, I only worry about his arm, we shall see. Lets knock those kittens out of the water this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

he isnt that good at second base. This should be fun.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Growing up they always put the worst players on a team in right field. Perhaps the future stop for Willie?

Lip

NSSoxFan
04-29-2005, 06:20 PM
Another point of interest:

Rowand moves up to the 5 hole and Dye slips to the 6.

balke
04-29-2005, 06:25 PM
Growing up they always put the worst players on a team in right field. Perhaps the future stop for Willie?

Lip

Put the highest OBP and avg. in RF? BRILLIANT!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2005, 06:45 PM
So far Wee Willie has 24 at-bats. That's at least 10 more than he deserves.

I sure hope we're showcasing him. It would be nice to get a bag of balls for him

balke
04-29-2005, 06:47 PM

I sure hope we're showcasing him. It would be nice to get a bag of balls for him

Let's not get crazy..... How big is the bag?

owensmouth
04-29-2005, 06:53 PM
Willie is swinging the bat much better this year than last year. I haven't noticed him faking a bunt and taking a strike, something he did far too often last year. I like the idea that he's swinging at strikes, rather than allowing himself to just get into an 0-2 hole.

JRIG
04-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Let's not get crazy..... How big is the bag?

And how used are the balls?

Malgar 12
04-29-2005, 07:51 PM

But he's got the highest avg. on the team! That means he must be a GOOD hitter!!!

DickAllen72
04-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Willie did a good job at SS tonight.

mealfred13
04-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Willie did a good job at SS tonight.

Yep. After his last stint there, I was pretty worried. He made some nice plays there. At least we don't have to scramble for a backup at SS anymore.

NSSoxFan
04-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Yep. After his last stint there, I was pretty worried. He made some nice plays there. At least we don't have to scramble for a backup at SS anymore.

I'd still be happier with Wilson Valdez on our roster instead of Willie. I'm sorry, I've given this guy an honest chance, and I still want him out of here. Tonight, in the 10th, Willie was leading off and had a 2-1 count. What does he do? He fakes a bunt on a fastball right down the middle, ugh.

balke
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I'd still be happier with Wilson Valdez on our roster instead of Willie. I'm sorry, I've given this guy an honest chance, and I still want him out of here. Tonight, in the 10th, Willie was leading off and had a 2-1 count. What does he do? He fakes a bunt on a fastball right down the middle, ugh.

Cause Valdez was so clutch here. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Valdez sucked. Willie played SS well tonight, did his job as a utility. He also walked, which is probably more than Valdez would be doing.

Here's a stat, Harris has 6 runs in 24 AB's. Valdez has had 64 AB's, and has... 6 runs. ICHIRO HITS AFTER HIM IN THE LINEUP! And I consider his .250 avg as OVERACHIEVING. Valdez doesn't steal, or play great D either. You'd be clamoring for Willie back if we were stuck with Valdez.

NSSoxFan
04-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Cause Valdez was so clutch here. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Valdez sucked. Willie played SS well tonight, did his job as a utility. He also walked, which is probably less than Valdez would be doing.

Here's a stat, Harris has 6 runs in 24 AB's. Valdez has had 64 AB's, and has... 6 runs. ICHIRO HITS AFTER HIM IN THE LINEUP! And I consider his .250 avg as OVERACHIEVING. Valdez doesn't steal, or play great D either. You'd be clamoring for Willie back if we were stuck with Valdez.

I never said anything about his offense, did I? If you are going to compare the offense of Willie Harris vs. Wilson Valdez, by all means have at it. I know that I feel A LOT more confident if Valdez was playing SS as opposed to Harris, strictly from a defensive point of view.

I see a simple solution to this: Uribe:cool:

balke
04-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I think they both suck there defensively, so I'd rather take the sucky one who hits better. I'd much rather have Ozuna or Uribe there though. We need Uribe back badly. He hits at least a sac fly tonight.

bafiarocks03
04-30-2005, 12:55 PM
ok well if Uribe and Ozuna will sit for a couple games that means Willie will play on Sunday when i go! and i can hold up my sign for him!

hawkjt
04-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Willie played fine at SS last nite and yes he still is the leading hitter and on base guy on the team so get off his butt. What exactly does he have to do to match up with the other great hitters on this team like Dye,Rowand,and Paulie who are all hitting at least 100 pts less than him. Give him a break.

34 Inch Stick
04-30-2005, 01:49 PM
I was at the game last night. He played adequately in the field (at least well enought for that to be considered a utility position for him). You can probably get away with playing Willie at SS for an occasional rest for Uribe. That is good for Willie, as his future in this league is as a utility man.

Those who praise his work at the plate should take another look. This is a man who has not hit 5 home runs in his career. He has blazing speed. Given that combination, what did Willie do last night, he hit the ball in the air at least 3 times. That is just plain stupid baseball. When he does get on base, he continues to look clueless.

All of this would be acceptable from a 21 year old rookie. Willie is 27 and been in the league for a couple of years.

I want to really like Willie. He has some eye catching skills. However, he makes things very difficult when he shows a complete lack of willingness to learn.

jabrch
04-30-2005, 04:52 PM

I know you have consistently not liked Willie PHG - and I credit your consistency. But in limited action, when needed off the bench, Harris has a .321 average and a .387 obp. I know he wouldn't keep those numbers up if he played 150 games - but don't you think he is worth something to this team on the bench, where he can play 2B and OF as well as, in a pinch, SS? I mean - I understand the hyperbole in the "bag of balls" valuation - but really. I like having a lefty with speed who seems to be able to get on base in limited need on the bench. He will be of even more value in interleague play when having a deep bench becomes more important.

If somehow he is being showcased and he becomes valuable to some team, great - I'd love to get something good for him. But he has value to this team and I surely wouldn't just give him up for nothing.

jabrch
04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Those who praise his work at the plate should take another look. This is a man who has not hit 5 home runs in his career. He has blazing speed. Given that combination, what did Willie do last night, he hit the ball in the air at least 3 times. That is just plain stupid baseball. When he does get on base, he continues to look clueless.

All of this would be acceptable from a 21 year old rookie. Willie is 27 and been in the league for a couple of years.

I want to really like Willie. He has some eye catching skills. However, he makes things very difficult when he shows a complete lack of willingness to learn.

So he had a bad day yesterday - a 4 ab sample size - which supercedes the body of work on the season (a limited sample size as well) which has him hitting well over .300 and with an obp over .375? Even last year he had a .279/.366 vs righties. No - that's not great - but it sure wouldn't make him the worst 3rd string SS, 2nd string 2B and 5th string OF in the majors.

Jjav829
04-30-2005, 04:57 PM
ok well if Uribe and Ozuna will sit for a couple games that means Willie will play on Sunday when i go! and i can hold up my sign for him!

I sure hope the sign says "Trade Willie Harris" or "Willie Harris sucks".

Wait, why is that in teal? :?:

DickAllen72
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Willie did another nice job at SS tonight. That's two nights in a row he has filled in well at SS for the injured Uribe. Stole a base and scored one of our runs in the one run win tonight and laid down a key sacrifice bunt as well.

Nice job, Willie.