PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko coming up on ESPNEWS' Hotlist

Rocklive99
04-29-2005, 03:25 PM
I heard them mention it earlier, not sure on the exact time, but right now it's "AHEAD" on the little box in the lower righthand corner. They said he'll be talking about his homeruns or something. Just FYI

DaleJRFan
04-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I heard them mention it earlier, not sure on the exact time, but right now it's "AHEAD" on the little box in the lower righthand corner. They said he'll be talking about his homeruns or something. Just FYI

I went home for lunch and saw this on TV... wish I coulda stayed to watch it. A recap would be nice from someone who gets to see it...

Rocklive99
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Live from the ball park

- Who is the ace?

Jon Garland has been throwing the best, but I'd say it's gotta be Mark Buerhle, Freddy's always been good too.

- How has the philosophy changed?

Ozzie has more of the players he's wanted, small ball, better bullpen, etc.

- It's almost a blueprint the Angels used, as a slugger yourself, have you had to adapt your style at the plate?

Not really, it doesn't change anything for me, you still need someone to drive in the runs or hit the balls out of the ballpark. There's less HR hitters around me, but you can't win with 4 or 5 cleanup hitters, and the HRs are still going to come.

- Rivalry between Ozzie and Magglio and with Frank?

Just talked about how it's between them, it'll probably be resolved. Didn't address any problem with Frank.

- Does it help for him to be outspoken?

Ummm, yes because it helps to keep the players in check.

- Question about his HRs and leading the leagues

His swing has gotten better, knowledge from playing, hitting coach Greg Walker all helped, but it's always a work in progress.

-What impact did Jose Canseco's book have on you?

None at all.

-If you were baseball's commishioner, how would you deal with the steroid issue?

I like what's happening right now, they're going all the way with it.

-Playing in a city with the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, how tough is it to win over the Chicago landscape?

It's tough for the White Sox, but they have to win, especially be winning in September, nothing short of a World Series. It's always a Cub's town, and I quote, "Wrigley Field is great" :?: , historic, so it's accessible for a lot of people.

SoxFan78
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
-Playing in a city with the Cubs, Bulls, Bears, how tough is it to win over the Chicago landscape?

It's tough for the White Sox, but they have to win, especially be winning in September, nothing short of a World Series. It's always a Cub's town, and I quote, "Wrigley Field is great" :?: , historic, so it's accessible for a lot of people.

I can see how Paulie would say this. For a baseball player its got to be a thrill to play on that field. Lots of legends have played there. For a fan to watch a game in the Urinal, a lot is to be desired.

SoxFan76
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I can see how Paulie would say this. For a baseball player its got to be a thrill to play on that field. Lots of legends have played there. For a fan to watch a game in the Urinal, a lot is to be desired.

Actually, lots of players have complained about the clubhouse and stuff "behind the scenes".

I think Paulie was just being PC, so to speak. If he rips on Wrigley it makes the team look like a bunch of jealous cry babies.

JoseCanseco6969
04-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Actually, lots of players have complained about the clubhouse and stuff "behind the scenes".

I think Paulie was just being PC, so to speak. If he rips on Wrigley it makes the team look like a bunch of jealous cry babies.

Very true, but it pains me to hear him spit out that crap!

SoxFan76
04-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Very true, but it pains me to hear him spit out that crap!

Oh, I agree completely. But at the same time I don't really blame Paulie for saying that.

shaunburnette
04-29-2005, 05:00 PM
:angry: