PDA

View Full Version : Wendelstedt: Like Father, Like Son

wilburaga
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
:o: Sorry if someone already noted this.

=============================================
May 31, 1968: Don Drysdale's scoreless-innings streak appears to be over when he hits Dick Dietz with the bases juiced in the ninth inning. But home-plate umpire Harry Wendlestadt rules that Dietz made no effort to avoid being hit and the Dodgers prevail, 3-0, over San Francisco

Poster's note: I looked this up because it's one of the two or three times I've seen a hit batsman get called back. I had no recollection of it being the elder Wendy. I remember it being a very controversial call on Dietz, with the popular opinion being that if the streak had not been on the line, the call would not have been made.

W

DumpJerry
04-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Wow, good catch! Very interesting, too.........

buehrle4cy05
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
:o: Sorry if someone already noted this.

May 31, 1968: Don Drysdale's scoreless-innings streak appears to be over when he hits Dick Dietz with the bases juiced in the ninth inning. But home-plate umpire Harry Wendlestadt rules that Dietz made no effort to avoid being hit and the Dodgers prevail, 3-0, over San Francisco

Poster's note: I looked this up because it's one of the two or three times I've seen a hit batsman get called back. I had no recollection of it being the elder Wendy. I remember it being a very controversial call on Dietz, with the popular opinion being that if the streak had not been on the line, the call would not have been made.

W

LMAO:D::D::D::D: