PDA

View Full Version : Boomer we hardly knew ye

oldcomiskey
11-05-2001, 05:58 PM
The Sos announced today they did NOT exercise the option on David Wells---why? Im beginning to believe some are right about KW

Tragg
11-05-2001, 06:04 PM
Because the option price is ridiculously expensive (I think).

Now, we will see if KW can negotiate with Boomer and get him here cheaper - some team will.

Daver
11-05-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Now, we will see if KW can negotiate with Boomer and get him here cheaper - some team will.

I agree,and he has been quoted on seperate occasions by Chicago and New York print media saying he wants to return to Chicago.

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

9 million dollar option.

Railsplitter
11-05-2001, 07:39 PM
Good riddance. David Wells is older than I am (I'll be 37 next month) he's NOT the guy you use to built for the future

Daver
11-05-2001, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Good riddance. David Wells is older than I am (I'll be 37 next month) he's NOT the guy you use to built for the future

No,but he is an innig eating veteren that would help a young pitching staff immenesly.

But then again what the hell do I know?

czalgosz
11-05-2001, 08:34 PM
I agree - I think Boomer should come back next year. His asking price probably won't be outrageous after spending 2/3 of the season on the DL... He definitely would be nice to have back.

Soxheads
11-05-2001, 08:45 PM
At least we don't have to know of Embree anymore.

Sad to see Cal go though.

Daver
11-05-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
At least we don't have to know of Embree anymore.

Don't be so sure you have seen the last of Cal in the Sox organization.

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by daver
Don't be so sure you have seen the last of Cal in the Sox organization.

He won't be named the pitching coach if that's what your saying Daver. I would like to see it but he really wants to be with his family. Maybe as some sort of scout though.

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Indeed he was a gladiator.

Soxheads
11-05-2001, 08:52 PM
The Rays will probably try to sign him as their ace.

Daver
11-05-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

He won't be named the pitching coach if that's what your saying Daver. I would like to see it but he really wants to be with his family. Maybe as some sort of scout though.

I am thinking you will see him as a minor league roving pitching instructor,which will give him the chance to see what we have in the minors and what they are and aren't doing right.
KW really likes and respects Cal,so I think he will stay with the organization.

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 09:04 PM
I am thinking you will see him as a minor league roving pitching instructor,which will give him the chance to see what we have in the minors and what they are and aren't doing right.
KW really likes and respects Cal,so I think he will stay with the organization.

Daver how do you have all this "inside news"? You always seem to post news that I never hear. You amaze me if I can be honest. Is it ok to be amazed by the actions of a redneck?

Daver
11-05-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
You amaze me if I can be honest. Is it ok to be amazed by the actions of a redneck?

Sure as long as you don't mention pigs or sheep in the same sentence as amazed.

Jerry_Manuel
11-05-2001, 09:13 PM
Sure as long as you don't mention pigs or sheep in the same sentence as amazed.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wouldn't want to run into a redneck and make a comment like that.

Pete Ward
11-06-2001, 12:38 PM
I read where KW hasnt been impressed with D.Wells workout and rehab assignments regarding his back surgery. I guess Wells never showed at the Fla. clinic for rehab let alone workouts. This guy is a huge risk.

Sign - Schnidt or Gardner of SF !

oldcomiskey
11-06-2001, 04:08 PM
and just how do you define redneck--it better not mean all southern people

cheeses_h_rice
11-06-2001, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
and just how do you define redneck--it better not mean all southern people

Here's a partial list found on the 'Net...

1. You might be a Redneck if your bridal veil was made of window screen.

2. You might be a Redneck if you think icing is what you do to your front steps before your mother in law comes over.

3. You might be a Redneck if people hear your car a long time before they see it.

4. You might be a Redneck if your funeral procession circled around Wal-Mart.

5. You might be a Redneck if your truck sits so high that you can see in a second floor window.

6. You might be a Redneck if you got married at a monster truck rally.

7. You might be a Redneck if you think beef jerky and moon pies are two of the major food groups.

8. You might be a Redneck if you've ever had to siphon gas from your lawn mower to put into your truck.

9. You might be a Redneck if you think an oil change involves a comb and bottle of Vitalis.

10. You might be a Redneck if there is a trophy in your house with the word "spitting" on it.

11. You might be a Redneck if the highlight of your day is finding the prize in a Cracker Jack box.

12. You might be a Redneck if Jack Daniel makes your list of most admired people.

13. You might be a Redneck if the receptionist is responsible for checking the rat raps at your place of business.

14. You might be a Redneck if your family tree forms a wreath.

15. You might be a Redneck if you're not sure of the true color of your pickup.

16. You might be a Redneck if you've ever vacationed in a rest area.

17. You might be a Redneck if your mamma carries a wrench and a comb in her back pocket.

18. You might be a Redneck if you and your dog share the same name.

19. You might be a Redneck if your idea of a gourmet meal is the noon special at the truck stop.

20. You might be a Redneck if you think "Ross Perot" is how your cousin Ross got out of jail early.

21. You might be a Redneck if you call rust a quality paint job.

22. You might be a Redneck if you've ever been pulled over by the Coast Guard.

23. You might be a Redneck if your picture is on the wall of more than 3 bait stores.

24. You might be a Redneck if you went to your mother's prom.

25. You might be a Redneck if you wash your dog's dishes more than your own.

oldcomiskey
11-06-2001, 04:42 PM
oh for a minute there I was about to get angry

Daver
11-06-2001, 06:06 PM
Hey cheeses you forgot a couple

If your wife has to ask you to move the engine so she can take a bath,you might be a redneck.

IF your mother doesn't bother to remove the Marlboro from her mouth as she tells the state trooper to kiss her ass,you might be redneck.

and the most important one,

If you have ever been to drunk to fish,you might be a redneck.