PDA

View Full Version : We need "Worst team, worst fans" shirts

PatK
04-29-2005, 08:34 AM
After seeing that SI article calling the Sox the worst team in sports to root for, and our general reputation as fans, I really would like to see some shirts proclaiming so.

I dunno,something like "Worst team, Worst fans, SOX PRIDE!!!" or something.

Feel free to add any ideas if you want. It's early and the creative juices that were flowing last night after drinking seem to have left.

gosox41
04-29-2005, 08:46 AM
After seeing that SI article calling the Sox the worst team in sports to root for, and our general reputation as fans, I really would like to see some shirts proclaiming so.

Feel free to add any ideas if you want. It's early and the creative juices that were flowing last night after drinking seem to have left.

Email Brooks. Or maybe that shouldn't be in teal. It's a good chance to mock the media, especially if we're in first place.

Bob

Bo Bice 4 Pope
04-29-2005, 09:06 AM
how about:
"TEAM: WORST
FANS: WORST
BRAT: WURST"
or something along those lines? this is the first thing that came to my mind since I had a bratwurst for breakfast to-day.

Soxzilla
04-29-2005, 09:12 AM
I actually think that is a really good idea. If WSI made one I'd be all over it.

Although I like the Sox Pride over Brat:wurst tho :tongue: , funny though.

SSN721
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
I might have to pick up one of those shirts if they come out.

hose
04-29-2005, 09:25 AM
How about : Worst but in First

Palehose13
04-29-2005, 09:29 AM
How about : Worst but in First

I'm going to put two together. How about:

Worst Team
Worst Fans
First Place

PatK
04-29-2005, 09:37 AM
how about:
or something along those lines? this is the first thing that came to my mind since I had a bratwurst for breakfast to-day.

LOL!!!!! Brilliant:bandance:

Uncle_Patrick
04-29-2005, 09:44 AM
I'd like to see WSI put out a long sleeved shirt that says "White Sox Interactive: Proud to Be Sox Fans" on the front (since "Sox Pride" is probably trademarked by the White Sox organization), and then "Totally Biased Sox Fans" running down one sleeve, and "We Don't Care What You Think" running down the other. I think that would look pretty sweet. Gotta have a picture of the flying sock on there, too.

I really don't see the White Sox putting out anything saying "Worst Team" or anything like that.

zach23
04-29-2005, 09:56 AM
Can we get a picture of Rodney Dangerfield in a Sox hat?
Just like him, we get "No Respect".

Baby Fisk
04-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Neat concept. How about:

OKAY ALREADY:
We sure suck, our stadium sure sucks, our fans sure suck.
NOW LEAVE US ALONE!

:sox SOX PRIDE. :sox

The Racehorse
04-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Can we get a picture of Rodney Dangerfield in a Sox hat?
Just like him, we get "No Respect".

That is an awesome idea!

Rodney & SOX hat on the front,

'Worst Team'
'Worst Fans' ... on the back.

Can't think of a more profound image that says 'no respect' than Rodney's mug. :cool:

voodoochile
04-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Somewhere on that shirt, you could put "We're #30... and we don't care..."

You got to work KW's "We don't care." into the concept somewhere...

MUScholar21
04-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Someone DEFINITELY needs to email Brooks and try to get him on this. I for one would love to have a shirt that plays off this. It definitely needs to convey the attitude of White Sox fans-can't even grab a headline in our own town, much less this country. Well you know what, screw 'em.

seanpmurphy
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
You could always make your own shirt...since when did iron-on felt letters and a plain t-shirt go out of style? Especially in the southside where we can't afford to shoe our children :)

MUScholar21
04-29-2005, 10:42 AM
You could always make your own shirt...since when did iron-on felt letters and a plain t-shirt go out of style? Especially in the southside where we can't afford to shoe our children :)
It's not that we CAN'T afford to shoe our children-we just would rather see that money spent on White Sox tix

:tongue:

SaltyPretzel
04-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Somewhere on that shirt, you could put "We're #30... and we don't care..."

You got to work KW's "We don't care." into the concept somewhere...

Maybe we could add an illustration of a batting glove giving the middle finger.

Jaffar
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
how about:

I like it, Sox Pride or something on the front.
Heres the back

TEAM: WORST
BRAT: WURST
PLACE: FIRST

Fake Chet Lemon
04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
I'd love to have a picture of Kenny on the T-shirt saying "we don't care." Let's make our own t-shirts if we have to. It's not that hard, I know guys with the equipment.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2005, 12:27 PM
A 'worst fans, worst team' shirt might get you into some trouble with fans who aren't familiar with the goofball from S.I.

Perhaps a better option would be something along the lines of, 'Aren't convinced media? WE DON'T CARE.'

Lip

BRDSR
04-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Wait, guys. Guys. This reminds me of a joke:

The Question: How many sorority girls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

The answer: Five. One to screw it in and four to make t-shirts.

This is actually true. Nothing every happens in a sorority that doesn't involve making t-shirts.

I like the idea of the shirt, but I'm afraid most people won't get it if the fact that we're actually Sox fans is too subtle? Something positive about the White Sox has to be really big and really clear on the shirt, otherwise ignorant Cubs fans might think we're siding with them. Someone else mentioned that Sox Pride is probably copyrighted or whatever but I like that slogan and I'd like to see it on the shirt. My guess is that the Sox wouldn't mind waiving that right since they know WSI is devoted to the Sox and pretty much anything that says Sox Pride is good PR.

VivaOzzie
04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Wait, guys. Guys. This reminds me of a joke:

The Question: How many sorority girls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

The answer: Five. One to screw it in and four to make t-shirts.

This is actually true. Nothing every happens in a sorority that doesn't involve making t-shirts.

:roflmao: :rolling:
That is absolutely hilarious!! Cant wait to use that one at the bar tonight!!
And about these shirts...Im in for one FOR SURE. I like the Rodney Dangerfield thing, but not the first place thing. We probably wont be in first place forever ya know, so I think SOX PRIDE is sufficient.

MushMouth
04-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I say we burn down SI's offices, and make T-shirts celebrating it. Or maybe hold Rick Reilley hostage...

:wink:

Seriously tho, who wrote the article? I was pretty shocked to read it. I mean, come on!

Elvisfan1977
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM

Just sent an email to the team. Look for something before the Cubs series.

shoota
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
A 'worst fans, worst team' shirt might get you into some trouble with fans who aren't familiar with the goofball from S.I.
Lip

I agree. I think it's damaging to our potential fan base.

Jerko
04-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Just sent an email to the team. Look for something before the Cubs series.

Great, another way to show we don't care about them. 16-6 and we're STILL tweaking the FREAKIN Cubs. Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking we give a **** about em.

DaleJRFan
04-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I say we burn down SI's offices, and make T-shirts celebrating it. Or maybe hold Rick Reilley hostage...

I agree. maybe a Fight Club style bombing of the ESPN HQ.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Love the idea.

The only thing I wouldn't agree with is the whole "Place: First" or any remarks concerning what place we are in the standings. Because the SECOND we are in 2nd place, even if it's for a mere second, Cub fans and morons all over will talk about how our shirt makes no sense.

I'd love to see this....
Worst Team
Worst Fans
:sox Pride!