PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll Snubs Sox

Spicoli
04-29-2005, 08:20 AM
A friend alerted me to the current ESPN web poll.

"After nearly a month, who is your favorite to win the AL?"

Here are the four options:

1) Boston Red Sox
2) Minnesota Twins
3) New York Yankees
4) Someone else

This is hilarious. Nevermind that the Twins (what place are the Yanks in again?) are in second and the Sox have the BEST record in baseball at the moment (they should have at least been an option for crying out loud!). ESPN has no shame...

Here's to being under the radar and proving those SOBs wrong! Go Go Sox!

The Racehorse
04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Someone else?... gotta go with K.C!

Uncle_Patrick
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm surprised they even gave options outside of the Yankees and Red Sox.

:boston
"If there's not a 'Red' in front of that 'Sox', I'm not interested."

MUScholar21
04-29-2005, 10:02 AM
They need all the sheep that watch ESPN and think that the world starts and ends with the Yankees and Red Sox to prove them right-all their 'experts' went out and predicted those three teams to win it all. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll take the field in that bet.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-29-2005, 06:01 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:
WOW, CAN WE ALL JUST STOP acting like this is news. Guys come on, it's obvious the local/national writers, ESPN, MLB.COM, SI, Sporting News, Fox Sports, everyone doesn't think much of us. So what! I honestly don't blame them because they have no reason to crown us contenders or anything after 1 month. Didn't the Royals start off 9-0 a few years ago? What did they do? Finish 3rd. Let's have a solid May in which we win at least 17 games (out of 29). If we can do that and win at least 1 of the final 2 games of April, the Sox will be 34-19 (17-7 in April, 17-12 in May). Then, if we are not getting more attention and more (I should say ANY) respect, then we can all bitch and moan.

The toughest competion we have in May is the Angels (6 games) and the sCrUBS games (3) are always intense. Other than that, we got the Orioles (also trying to prove themselves but I think they will start sinking), Royals (suck), Blue Jays (suck), D-Rays (see Royals & BJays), and Texas (6 games, should be a good series but they have no SP). 16 road games (3 in Chicago). 13 home games. 17-12? I think we can easily be 19-10.

PAPChiSox729
04-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Really, I am more surprised they don't have the Angels on their. Most people are picking them to win the AL West. They are a good team, so I am very surprised they aren't an option. As for our Sox, they have been hot but haven't proven anything yet. If this came out in August and the Sox had the best record, then I would understand why people would be upset. But until then, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Whitesox029
04-30-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm surprised they even gave options outside of the Yankees and Red Sox.

Not to mention that I would pick the Angels over the Twins not to mention the White Sox over the Twins.

popilius
05-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Me, too. This poll is puzzling, but not suprising.

:gulp: