PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or is there anyone else that despises the A's

ChiSox14305635
04-29-2005, 12:36 AM
And their fans. Normally, when I look at the official MLB message boards, I take them with a grain of salt, because alot of the people that post there are usually trolls, who take the whole "my dad is better than your dad" philosophy. But nonetheless, I always like checking the opposing teams MB's to get an idea of what they think about the opposition. After yesterday's disaster, I decided to check the A's board to see what the reaction was like. Sure enough, most of them all believed the umps acted justly, and that they won fair and square. It's their board, they can believe whatever the hell they want (no matter how incorrect it is). But after reading some of those posts on White Sox announcers, and the way they go on and on about how they hate Hawk & DJ, it wouldn't disappoint me in the least if they finished dead last in the AL West. A's fans have almost jumped to the same level as Twins, Cubs, & Indians fans as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-athletics&msg=35518.1&ctx=0

MUsoxfan
04-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I've never had a problem with the A's. They're like the West Coast version of the Sox, IMO. They're competing with a huge star and a huge team with a "nice" park and they win alot. They really don't bother me

JB98
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
I don't give a crap about their fans. I hate them because I hate the FOBB.

Rocklive99
04-29-2005, 12:57 AM
I love the comment on how we haven't won a World Series because Hawk and DJ call the game

I've had Extra Innings, and I think the A's announcers are boring. It's a matter of opinion. I used to love Hawk when I was younger, but some of his stuff is getting a little old. You can even tell that he gets tired of saying "He gone" sometimes, and there are times when he yells "stretch!" when the ball doesn't even go to the warning track. I can live with all that, he has a passion for the team, but the thing I hate is the dead air or the tone of the broadcast when things are going bad. I think Rooney and Farmer are some of the best in the business, but I'm not always a "watch tv on mute with the radio on" guy, but I will listen to them when things go bad and all you hear is silence, I could be blind and no that things are going wrong.

skobabe8
04-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I've never had a problem with the A's. They're like the West Coast version of the Sox, IMO. They're competing with a huge star and a huge team with a "nice" park and they win alot. They really don't bother me

I thought the same thing until I sampled their message boards. I suggest you do the same, and THEN tell me they dont bother you.

ChiSox14305635
04-29-2005, 01:30 AM
I thought the same thing until I sampled their message boards. I suggest you do the same, and THEN tell me they dont bother you.

Exactly. I don't care if it's Anaheim, Seattle, or Texas. I just hope all 3 of them beat the crap out of Oakland.

Banix12
04-29-2005, 01:33 AM
I never really had a problem with the A's, the fans might be another matter but then again I don't know any personally.

The only thing I don't like about the A's is their god awful stadium.

SaltyPretzel
04-29-2005, 08:26 AM
I never really had a problem with the A's, the fans might be another matter but then again I don't know any personally.

The only thing I don't like about the A's is their god awful stadium.

Yeah, their stadium stinks and so do their fans.

Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

Uncle_Patrick
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM

I know what you are saying, but I wouldn't judge any team or their fans based on the MLB boards. Those boards are out of control. There are plenty of obnoxious White Sox fans on there, too, post junk on the Cubs and Twins boards (and vice versa).

hose
04-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Most non-Sox fans can't stand Hawk Harrelson, I've never heard or read one article outside of Chicago that was complimentary of Hawkeroo. If they don't like Hawk then that's there opinion, we as Sox fans can't change it no matter what we say, so why dwell on it.

I happen to like Hawk but I'm a completely bias Sox , if he was a Cub announcer he probably would rub me the wrong way.

I really would like to see Steve Stone move into the Sox tv booth next year with DJ next calling play by play.

gosox41
04-29-2005, 10:01 AM

Can't you say that about any team with a message board that:

1. Isn't the White Sox
2. Just beat the Sox becuase they had some extra help of the umpires
3. Don't give the White Sox any credit or even insult the Sox.

Sounds like most mesasge boards to me.

Bob

Fredsox
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Can't you say that about any team with a message board that:

1. Isn't the White Sox
2. Just beat the Sox becuase they had some extra help of the umpires
3. Don't give the White Sox any credit or even insult the Sox.

Sounds like most mesasge boards to me.

Bob

Agreed. Are we saying we can't stand their fans or the team itself? If we don't like what their fans are saying on message boards, gee, are we looking for compliments? As for the A's themselves, they're just another team standing in the way of us and a WS ring. They usually play pretty good baseball and I wish we could enjoy the same level of success that they have in the past.

Mark Buehrle
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Well, after this series, they are without doubt on my hate list. I don't like their team, I don't like their stadium, and I don't like anything about them. Wait until they come to Commiskey and The White Sox have their guys healthy, the Sox are going to beast them.