PDA

View Full Version : The Boss' Blood Pressure Continues to Rise

Viva Medias B's
04-28-2005, 09:00 PM
The Yankees are on the verge of losing, again. That would bring them to 9-12, fourth place, and five games behind the Orioles.

Karl
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I hope they finish dead last.

StockdaleForVeep
04-29-2005, 01:53 AM

Why? So The Boss can spend another million to get quality players from lower market teams to boost his AL allstars?

gosox41
04-29-2005, 08:53 AM

Me too. And I hope the Red Sox finish fourth.

Bob

The Racehorse
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Someone should tell The Boss to get it checked.

whitesoxwilkes
04-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Me too. And I hope the Red Sox finish fourth.

Bob

I've said all along I hope the Yankees win 19 games (all vs the Red Sox) and the Red Sox go 0-162. This coming from someone who pulls for the Yankees in the postseason every year...I just want to see some fresh blood in October out of the East....hopefully for us to pummel.

Baby Fisk
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Why? So The Boss can spend another million to get quality players from lower market teams to boost his AL allstars?

It's working so far...

If the Yankees could finish 6th in their division, I'd be all for that.

MisterB
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM

So that King George will overreact, fire Cashman, install a GM that will allow George to meddle in player acquisition, and have a repeat of the early 90's cellar dwelling Yanks for a few years.* :smile:

(*- Deep Pink optional)

RKMeibalane
04-29-2005, 11:34 AM
So that King George will overreact, fire Cashman, install a GM that will allow George to meddle in player acquisition, and have a repeat of the early 90's cellar dwelling Yanks for a few years.* :smile:

(*- Deep Pink optional)

I don't think the pink is necessary. As long as Mattingly is part of the team, the Yankees aren't going anywhere.

DaleJRFan
04-29-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't think the pink is necessary. As long as Mattingly is part of the team, the Yankees aren't going anywhere.

Really??? I was unaware that Mattingly pitched and played defense.

Randy Johnson 2-1, 4.19 ERA
Mike Mussina 1-2, 4.97 ERA
Carl Pavano 2-2 3.10 ERA
Jaret Wright 2-2, 9.15 ERA
Kevin Brown 0-3, 6.63 ERA

Alex Rodriguez .305 AVG, 8 HR, 26 RBI
Gary Sheffield .349 AVG, 2 HR, 15 RBI
Hedeki Matsui .274 AVG, 3 HR, 16 RBI
Derek Jeter .341 AVG, 2 HR, 11 RBI
Tony Womack .284 AVG, 0 HR, 3 RBI

Yankees have scored 119 runs, second in MLB only to the Orioles. Yankees have allowed 124 runs, 5th in MLB behind Colorado, Texas, KC and Tampa Bay.

Looks like a pitching issue to me.

TomParrish79
04-29-2005, 01:59 PM
I was talking with a friend of mine last night and he seems to think that if the Yankees fall 10 games behind at any point in the next few weeks that The Boss will fire Torre and Cashman.

I dont know if I buy that or not, eventually you gotta figure this team will run off a couple of streaks of winning 10 out of 12 and put themselves back on top of the division.

Personally I hope they do finish out of the playoffs.

Baby Fisk
04-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Really??? I was unaware that Mattingly pitched and played defense.

Looks like a pitching issue to me.

RKM might be referring to the Jinx of Mattingly. You've never heard of this phenomenon because the YES Network refuses to allow anyone to talk about it. The Jinx is based solely on Don Mattingly's presence in the Yankee dugout. Witness:

1981: Yankees play Dodgers in the World Series
1982: Mattingly debuts with Yankees -- Yankees go on 13 year playoff drought
1995: Mattingly's final year, Yanks make playoffs at last but Seattle bounces them
1996: free of Mattingly, Yankees return to World Series and win 4 of the next 5
2004: Mattingly returns to Yankee dugout -- Yankees suffer worst playoff collapse in the entire history of baseball

Take it for what you will...

Rocklive99
04-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Eh, I like the Yankees, they don't make excuses when they lose. I hate the Flub fans who are relating their subpar starting record by looking at the current Yankee one. This just in, your team was playing the Pirates and the Reds, the Yankees have played the Red Sox and Angels.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-29-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't hate them as much as I hate the players that just go to the Yankees for the money (Giambi, Sheffield, Mussina, Pavano, Wright, Matsui, etc.). That being said, I think the Yankees will win 96 games and they will win the division. I see the BoSox 5 games back with 91 wins and will either JUST miss the playoffs (fighting the Twins for the Wild Card :cool: ) or will make it in as the 4th team.

They will have a huge 2nd half especially with all the talk of them acquiring Roger Clemens.

DumpJerry
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
RKM might be referring to the Jinx of Mattingly. You've never heard of this phenomenon because the YES Network refuses to allow anyone to talk about it. The Jinx is based solely on Don Mattingly's presence in the Yankee dugout. Witness:

1981: Yankees play Dodgers in the World Series
1982: Mattingly debuts with Yankees -- Yankees go on 13 year playoff drought
1995: Mattingly's final year, Yanks make playoffs at last but Seattle bounces them
1996: free of Mattingly, Yankees return to World Series and win 4 of the next 5
2004: Mattingly returns to Yankee dugout -- Yankees suffer worst playoff collapse in the entire history of baseball

Take it for what you will...
Can't the Flubs use him?

MRKARNO
04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Wright and Brown are awful, but Pavano, Mussina and Randy will all pitch well and the Yankees offense will carry them. Their bullpen is better than it's been so far this year. I still see the Yankees taking this division, though maybe with fewer wins than last year.

PAPChiSox729
04-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Can't the Flubs use him?

Like they need anymore help...
I can't wait to see how the Yankees are going to try to re-revamped their rotation come July 31. RJ will be fine but I think they will try to dump Brown and maybe even Wright. Cashman has the worst job in the world. Steinbrenner is insane.

Viva Medias B's
04-30-2005, 09:08 AM
Yankmees fall again. The Boss' blood pressue goes up again.

Flames24Rulz
04-30-2005, 10:57 AM
good..i hate the Yanks more than any other team out there. I hope they finish dead last, 40 games behind whoever wins that division :D:

Jjav829
04-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Yankees win today as Chien-Ming Wang beats David Bush. Just consider that. I spent about 5 minutes laughing this morning when I saw the match-up on ESPN's bottom line. :smile:

Yeah, yeah, technically neither pitcher figured in the decision. But it helps my line...

Unregistered
04-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Yankees win today as Chien-Ming Wang beats David Bush. Just consider that. I spent about 5 minutes laughing this morning when I saw the match-up on ESPN's bottom line. :smile:

Yeah, yeah, technically neither pitcher figured in the decision. But it helps my line...
Yeah, I can't even tell you how many jokes I've made today about the "epic battle between Wang and Bush." :cool:

doublem23
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
wa wa waaaaa...

:violin:

Did the Red Sox lose, too?

gosox41
05-01-2005, 07:54 AM

That is funny. I didn't even catch that.

Bob

Fenway
05-01-2005, 04:13 PM
This may put George over the edge

NEW YORK (AP) -- Frank Menechino (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6344) came off the bench to drive in three runs, Eric Hinske (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6645) hit a go-ahead double and the Toronto Blue Jays rallied to beat the New York Yankees (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=nyy) 8-6 on Sunday.

Gary Sheffield (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4268) homered and drove in three runs for the slumping Yankees (10-15), who blew a 6-3 lead and finished 3-6 on their homestand -- losing series to the Rangers, Angels and Blue Jays. New York dropped 7 games behind AL East-leading Baltimore, its largest deficit since September 1997.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250501110

duke of dorwood
05-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Get him a calzone, quickly

johnny_mostil
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Doubt it. They are pretty much spending everything they can on players. They didn't go after Beltran simply because they ran out of money. I don't think the Yankees can just keep escalating past $200,000,000. What they need are three or four uninsured season-ending injuries so they have to field a team full of Alex Gramans and Bubba Crosbys, their fans quit showing up, and the Boss files Chapter 11.

chisoxmike
05-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Good, I hope the Yankee$, and Red Sox BOTH bomb this year and miss the playoffs, their over hyped rivaly wont mean **** in August when they battle for third place and a .500 record. Take that ESPN!

Granted, both teams, the Yankee$ (they didn't start off very well last year, and they righted the ship) and Red Sox (who didn't get hot until August to bust out) will probably get going and finish 1st and 2nd. MLB won't let them have bad years. :o:

Rocklive99
05-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Get him a calzone, quickly

:roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

HomeFish
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
If the Yankees could finish 6th in their division, I'd be all for that.

Nah, I prefer to see baseball's only #6 spot kept warm by that special national league club on the other side of town.

RKMeibalane
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Nah, I prefer to see baseball's only #6 spot kept warm by that special national league club on the other side of town.

You sure had me fooled.