PDA

View Full Version : Press Release: Show your SOX pride and score free tickets! Friday, April 29th

CaptainJinks
04-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Anyone going to try this?

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/PressPoint/show.php?id=21734

Baseball: WHITE SOX REWARD FANS FOR SHOWING THEIR SOX PRIDE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, April 27, 2005

MEDIA ADVISORY

WHAT: The first 100 Chicago White Sox fans displaying their “Sox Pride” during their morning commute outside the U.S. Cellular Flagship Store will receive two ticket vouchers for an upcoming White Sox game.

WHO: White Sox mascot Southpaw and members of the Chevrolet Pride Crew will celebrate the best start in franchise history as the first-place White Sox kickoff their next homestand, which begins Friday vs. the Detroit Tigers at 7:05 p.m.

WHEN: Friday,April 29

7:00 – 9:00 a.m.

WHERE: U.S. Cellular Store

30 North La Salle Street, Chicago

WHY: White Sox tickets are available online at whitesox.com, at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office, at the Chicago Bulls/White Sox Training Academy, through TicketMaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland TicketMaster outlets, including Coconuts and Carson Pirie Scott locations.

-30-

© 2005 Chicago White Sox

Rocklive99
04-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Nice, didn't know about this, maybe I'll try it out if I wake up early enough

popilius
04-28-2005, 11:57 PM
This may be a dumb question, but "ticket vouchers" means free tickets, correct? I mean, is there a subtle catch to this or something?

:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
This may be a dumb question, but "ticket vouchers" means free tickets, correct? I mean, is there a subtle catch to this or something?

:gulp:

Yes...But is it a selected game, or is it a game of your choice? I might wake up earlier to do this...

And, do you have to purchase something or wear something Sox?

SluggersAway
04-29-2005, 12:14 AM
I think they forgot journalism 101. It is Who first, then What, Where, When, and then finally Why.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Yes...But is it a selected game, or is it a game of your choice? I might wake up earlier to do this...

And, do you have to purchase something or wear something Sox?

lol typical sox fan questions! just wear a SOX hat :D: I'd do it but i'm never around there

Hagan
04-29-2005, 02:16 AM
if i wasnt so lazy and didnt have tickets to tomorrows game i would do it.l

dickallen15
04-29-2005, 09:10 AM
I just picked up a couple. They are vouchers good for upper deck reserved. If used the day of the game you can use them for better seats and use the price of the upper deck reserved for that day as a discount.

Rocky Soprano
04-29-2005, 09:34 AM
This is just across the street, Im going to go and check it out.

Rocky Soprano
04-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Just came back, they had just run out.

I did get to jump around a bit with South Paw. :cool:

ewokpelts
04-29-2005, 12:35 PM
i was the first person there(my normal train stop is a block away from the store). Southpaw rolled up in a black stretch limo with the "pride crew". The showed up at 7am sharp.(I had gotten there about 10 minutes earlier). I was in my normal commute clothes, sox jacket and hat. I tried to look for other people in sox gear as i walked to work, but found no one. Hope everyone enjoys thier tickets!

Gene