PDA

View Full Version : No Word on Uribe or Ozuna??

GiveMeSox
04-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Has anyone heard anything on Ozuna or Uribe?? The score said eariler Iguchi is expected to play tomorrow and is OK but said they have heard no updates on Ozuna or Uribe. I wonder what it means that the sox haven't released any info on the status of these two guys? Has anyone heard anything at all??

Soxforlife
04-28-2005, 08:55 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050427&content_id=1030472&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

A little info.

Hokiesox
04-28-2005, 09:02 PM
At least we can thank the good baseball God in the sky that these aren't serious injuries that puts someone out for the year.

But, then again, we thought that about Mags last year... maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

MRKARNO
04-28-2005, 09:07 PM
In light of last week's quotes by Ozzie about Magglio, these seem very out of place! (from the preview article):

"He's my countryman, and when somebody talks about health, that don't make anybody happy," said White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, expressing his concern for Ordonez. "It's a shame that this kid cannot help the Detroit Tigers. [...]

"They have a great thing going in Detroit and obviously having Magglio in the lineup will make it better," Guillen added. "I wish him the best and to get healthy quick to help those guys to win."

kevingrt
04-28-2005, 09:36 PM
At least we can thank the good baseball God in the sky that these aren't serious injuries that puts someone out for the year.

But, then again, we thought that about Mags last year... maybe I should keep my mouth shut.

That would probably be the best thing to do just sit back and watch.

Ol' No. 2
04-28-2005, 09:43 PM
Has anyone heard anything on Ozuna or Uribe?? The score said eariler Iguchi is expected to play tomorrow and is OK but said they have heard no updates on Ozuna or Uribe. I wonder what it means that the sox haven't released any info on the status of these two guys? Has anyone heard anything at all??If they're going to call someone up from Charlotte, they'd have to do it today. I'd think if Lopez was coming, he'd be on his way by now.

zach074
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
What are we going to do if there both hurt now that Robbie Alomar retired?

Whitesox029
04-28-2005, 10:42 PM
In light of last week's quotes by Ozzie about Magglio, these seem very out of place! (from the preview article):
Ozzie's trying to make himself look like the bigger man for being the first to say something nice.

soxfan43
04-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Maybe it means that the sox doctors actually wait to get accurate information before making anything public, unlike another team in town