PDA

View Full Version : Dye should sit....

uribeisgod5
04-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Who else thinks its time to see willie start in center and move rowand over to right field, and give mr. i cant hit the ball Dye, some time on the pine?

MUScholar21
04-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't know about benching him, it seems it would be a little counterproductive. Let's see how he bounces back from this one. Give him the Tigers series. If it doesn't work, then think about Timo Perez in right, or Ross Gload-not Willie.

CubsfansareDRUNK
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49017

GiveMeSox
04-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Who else thinks its time to see willie start in center and move rowand over to right field, and give mr. i cant hit the ball Dye, some time on the pine?

I would move him down in the lineup rather than bench him. Dye is a professional he knows what to do go get out of the slump and he will do it in due time. However, i think we can take some pressure off him by batting him down in the 6 or 7 hole rather than the 5 spot.

uribeisgod5
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
have you seen how willie has been playing, lets put a bat in this kids hands everyday!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-28-2005, 11:26 PM
the crap he's been pulling lately? put him in the corner not the bench

JB98
04-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I would move him down in the lineup rather than bench him. Dye is a professional he knows what to do go get out of the slump and he will do it in due time. However, i think we can take some pressure off him by batting him down in the 6 or 7 hole rather than the 5 spot.

Good post. It's too early for any Chicken Little crap, especially when the team is 16-6.

MUsoxfan
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Giving him time on the pine will not improve is BA. 7 spot?

Bisco Stu
04-28-2005, 11:52 PM
GREAT THREAD

Never cared for the Dye (as in die?) acquisition. Hope we trade him at some point for a more consistent OF.

balke
04-29-2005, 12:06 AM
I doubt we get to trade him ever.

I have little faith left in him, but *sigh gotta let him get in just a few more games, as painful as it is. He's killing us, but his track record is too strong to bench him. He's too much of an investment, And occasionally even good players suck for a month.

I have little faith he snaps out of it, but the sox gotta try and let him.

ma_deuce
04-29-2005, 12:31 AM

Rowand needs to stay in center... less walls to crash into. :wink:

:rowand

"Sure the ball is going foul and into the stands, but I bet I can catch it if I run really hard and.."

WHAM!!!

pmck003
04-29-2005, 03:54 AM
From what I've seen from Dye, he'll go on a hitting streak of some sort where I'll probably think he is the answer to everything. He hasn't proved himself as a everyday player for a championship team though (he does have the talent to prove me wrong, but I would rather have Everett make a couple more errors in rf and have twice as much hits).

Scotty347
04-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Hang in there, there will be plenty of bench time once Frank Thomas is back.

Only then we'll have to deal with Everett in the outfield (Ouch!)

Realist
04-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Walker has got to tell Dye to lighten up a bit. Sheesh... he looks like a 19 year old rookie being way too aggressive at the plate and defeating himself.

Switch him with Crede in the line-up for now and hope to God he gets his act together. When Frank is all better, we might as well throw Carl into right field 'cause he can't hurt us defensively worse than Dye has and his bat will still be in the line up.

Who know? Maybe Dye can come off the bench and win a game or two for us with a dinger off some scrub reliever on an opposing team. We do still have 6 games against the Cubs coming up (speaking of scrub relievers). :wink:

Stop trying to be Ordonez, Jermaine. Just play your game and have fun. You've already proved you have talent in this league. You're working wayyyyy to hard at the wrong things. Work on relaxing and seeing the ball. The rest will follow.

tstrike2000
04-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Yes, we probably should keep Dye in the lineup at least for a little while and perhaps a drop in the batting order would help. Anything would be better than right now where he's not even batting his weight. Of course it's early enough in the season, if he can get a 3-4 game, his average will be back over .200. We questioned Rowand in CF this time last year and maybe Dye can change us too..but it is almost May.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2005, 08:13 AM
RF is Dye's job until further notice.

Guillen WILL NOT move around other everyday players just to bench Dye. That's simply turning a small problem into a big mess. It's no different than playing Crede at shortstop (like Wednesday's game) just because Ozuna is hurt. It would be nice if we had a utility fielder for this purpose but Harris can't do it. That's another problem to be dealt with.

It's a loser's strategy. You can't fix the problem of an underperforming ballplayer by playing other everyday ballplayers out of their best position.

Perhaps some of you aren't aware that at this very minute Jermaine Dye is auditioning for the everyday RF job. Right now he is flunking. Dye's playing time will evaporate once Frank comes back -- unless he gets his act together NOW.

This is a small problem as long as the Sox keep winning. The "solution" is coming off the DL so no worries. OTOH, the Sox have NOBODY to fix the reserve SS hole. That one needs to be fixed and I guarantee it will be.

"Hey Willie, Tailgunner Joe is on line 1 and wants to talk with you. Are you available?"

:weewillie
<gulp>

MisterB
04-29-2005, 10:13 AM
It's no different than playing Crede at shortstop (like Wednesday's game) just because Ozuna is hurt. It would be nice if we had a utility fielder for this purpose but Harris can't do it. That's another problem to be dealt with.

I thought Pablo Ozuna was the Sox utility infielder. :?:

Randar68
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Perhaps some of you aren't aware that at this very minute Jermaine Dye is auditioning for the everyday RF job. Right now he is flunking. Dye's playing time will evaporate once Frank comes back -- unless he gets his act together NOW.

If he still sucks on June 1st, what's the story when Frank returns, then? Frank at DH and Carl/Pods/Rowand L->R in the OF? Dye has made a few too many bonehead plays in RF already for my tastes, but is that really a better defensive OF? Doesn't look like it to me.

BTW, Rowand hasn't played RF since what, AA? Heck he was in LF there most of the time, even...

When does the Brian Anderson Era begin? If he's hitting .333 a month from now, how do you keep him down there in Charlotte?

Ol' No. 2
04-29-2005, 11:09 AM
If he still sucks on June 1st, what's the story when Frank returns, then? Frank at DH and Carl/Pods/Rowand L->R in the OF? Dye has made a few too many bonehead plays in RF already for my tastes, but is that really a better defensive OF? Doesn't look like it to me.

BTW, Rowand hasn't played RF since what, AA? Heck he was in LF there most of the time, even...

When does the Brian Anderson Era begin? If he's hitting .333 a month from now, how do you keep him down there in Charlotte?Dye has always been a solid defensive OF. I suspect he's letting his struggles at the plate affect his fielding. All the more reason to move him down in the order and take some of the pressure off.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2005, 11:18 AM
I thought Pablo Ozuna was the Sox utility infielder. :?:

Yep. All we need now is for MLB to let the Sox carry 26 or 27 guys and we have it all covered between Gload, Harris, Ozuna, Perez, and our 5th outfielder and 12th pitcher.

No wonder the Sox bench is so strong. We have more guys than any other team!
:wink:

hose
04-29-2005, 11:22 AM
A steady diet of facing lefthanded pitching in the next few games along with the crowd behind him will get Dye out of his slump.

He is due to breakout.:cool:

Randar68
04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
along with the crowd behind him

That should be in either deepink or teal...

balke
04-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I imagine someone is going on the DL soon, and we'll either explore minor league infield talent, or yes... make a trade. I wish we knew what was up with Ozuna's wrist, and Uribe's groin. Not that I ever really want to know what's up with someone's groin, but still.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
If WIllie has to work on another position, I'd like to see him improve on his skills at shortstop before center field.

Lip Man 1
04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
There was a story in the Southtown (?) today I think on all of the injuries. The story says Uribe's injury appears to be the most serious and some determinations were supposed to be made today. Don't know what that means exactly.

Lip

balke
04-29-2005, 12:30 PM
It'll be much tougher to win without Uribe's glove... and bat.

seanpmurphy
04-29-2005, 12:30 PM
There was a story in the Southtown (?) today I think on all of the injuries. The story says Uribe's injury appears to be the most serious and some determinations were supposed to be made today. Don't know what that means exactly.

Lip

How bad is Ozuna? Does anyone know? My wrist hurts in sympathy. ouch.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
If WIllie has to work on another position, I'd like to see him improve on his skills at shortstop before center field.

If WIllie has to work on another position, I'd like to see him improve on his skills at shortstop before center field DOWN IN CHARLOTTE.

This is the major leagues. Only also-ran teams like Tampa Bay offer on-the-job training. If Harris isn't ready for the Show, the Show is definitely no place for Willie.