PDA

View Full Version : Bad D?

KempersRS
11-05-2001, 03:27 PM
Nobody mentioned this last night, but I was thinking about it when LuGo was stepping in for the game winner. I said to my dad "They should put the corners in and play this one at DP depth." They elect to bring the middle in and it cost them big time. I don't see why you won't play corners in and middle back on that play with one out. That would have been easily caught by Jeter if he were at DP depth. Who knows how it could have gone after that, but it is nice to see Torre be wrong for once.

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2001, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but did you read LuGo's quotes where he said it was pretty much the first time he had choked up all year, knowing that the Yanks were playing in? If Jeter and Soriano are back at normal depth, then LuGo changes his hitting style completely.

duke of dorwood
11-05-2001, 03:35 PM
They seemed to have little trouble hitting the great #42 up the middle. By the by, I thought 42 was retired forever by ALL teams.

:keith

I never blew one in a World Series

Iwritecode
11-05-2001, 04:17 PM
They were playing in hoping for a ground ball to get the out at the plate and maybe turn 2 from there. At DP depth there is no guarantee of turning 2. Mariano induces a lot of ground balls. They were figuring that if they were going to get beat it would have to be by a ball in the air.