PDA

View Full Version : If Uribe is out for a while, who plays SS?

HawkISox
04-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Willie Harris? Someone from Triple A?

jdm2662
04-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Jermaine Dye of course!
________
Drug Testing (http://drugtestingkit.org)

gosox41
04-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Willie Harris? Someone from Triple A?

Proably Ozuna or Harris. Too bad there's no one in the farm system that's close. Can't wait until this team drafts and develops a SS.

Bob

BridgePortNative
04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Jermaine Dye

crap, a little too late

Fake Chet Lemon
04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Ozuna. If Willie enters a game late he goes to 2nd and Iguchi slides over to SS for an inning or two here and there.

mccombe_35
04-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I thought Uribe was hoping to be back for Fridays game - any new news on him?

skottyj242
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Ozzie?

Sad
04-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Harris.

Rocky Soprano
04-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Move Iguichi to SS and Play Harris/Ozuna at second.

TaylorStSox
04-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Move Iguichi to SS and Play Harris/Ozuna at second.

Doesn't have the arm. He's got the weakest arm out of all our MIF's. Ozuna's the man.

FARMEO
04-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Iguichi had an arm injury, he can't play SS. That is why we had the Willie experiment at SS.

Rocky Soprano
04-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Doesn't have the arm. He's got the weakest arm out of all our MIF's. Ozuna's the man.

I had heard that, do you really think his arm would be that weak?

If so, then I would rather have Ozuna out there than Harris.

TaylorStSox
04-28-2005, 01:52 PM

If so, then I would rather have Ozuna out there than Harris.

I think he tore his labrum a few years ago. I know he had shoulder surgery. He hasn't played SS since.

JoseCanseco6969
04-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Ozzie?

seriously, if it's between Ozzie and Harris...Sadly, id go with Ozzie in a heartbeat

Rocklive99
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Don't pull a Dusty

Young Gun
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Who else could we put there other than Harris? Look at how Charlotte is doing, they don't have anything.

HawkISox
04-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Our Triple A SS is Felix Martinez, currently hitting .278

In Double A you have Cory Haggerty and Angel Gonzalez. Both are over .300. Gonzalez has an OBP of almost .400

Anyone know more about these players and if they are even close to ready for MLB.

Randar68
04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Our Triple A SS is Felix Martinez, currently hitting .278

In Double A you have Cory Haggerty and Angel Gonzalez. Both are over .300. Gonzalez has an OBP of almost .400

Anyone know more about these players and if they are even close to ready for MLB.

Ummm, no.

Pedro Lopez is the only guy at AAA any better than Crede at SS.

Pedro Lopez isn't hitting at all, though, he started last year in High-A Winston-Salem, but he has the glove to handle SS, but he won't hit worth a damn, he's been rushed pretty quickly due to his defense, but the hitting has a long way to go.

After that, Robert Valido at Winston-Salem is about the most MLB-ready defensive SS we have. We need Uribe and Ozuna healthy ASAP, otherwise KW's going to have to work a trade.

Would KC trade Tony G back to us?

Ol' No. 2
04-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Ummm, no.

Pedro Lopez is the only guy at AAA any better than Crede at SS.

Pedro Lopez isn't hitting at all, though, he started last year in High-A Winston-Salem, but he has the glove to handle SS, but he won't hit worth a damn, he's been rushed pretty quickly due to his defense, but the hitting has a long way to go.

After that, Robert Valido at Winston-Salem is about the most MLB-ready defensive SS we have. We need Uribe and Ozuna healthy ASAP, otherwise KW's going to have to work a trade.

Would KC trade Tony G back to us?Has there been anything said about Uribe? If they're going to put him on the DL, I'd assume they'd be bringing Lopez in from Charlotte today.

pczarapa
04-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I wonder if Crede could play short? He's got a great glove, decent range, and a very good arm??? Ok, ok, maybe not

HebrewHammer
04-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Has there been anything said about Uribe? If they're going to put him on the DL, I'd assume they'd be bringing Lopez in from Charlotte today.

Yeah, there really hasn't been any kind of announcement on his or Ozuna's status.

Lip Man 1
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I read something in one of the Chicago newspapers this morning (sorry I don't remember which one) that said all the infielders are day to day and no one is expected to be put on the DL. FYI.

Lip

Randar68
04-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I read something in one of the Chicago newspapers this morning (sorry I don't remember which one) that said all the infielders are day to day and no one is expected to be put on the DL. FYI.

Lip

Well, one article I read said Uribe was hoping to start Friday but would be game-time. Ozuna couldn't grip anything the day after he got hit, but one of them really needs to be in the game Friday, otherwise were back to the Clown-lineup...

Ozuna's problem was with his glove hand, so even if he has a hard time gripping the bat and can't do much, his legs are healthy, he can still throw. Hell, he could lay down 4 bunts for all I care. It's gonna be a cold weekend, and that's probably not a good thing for a SS with a wild swing and a bad groin. Let's hope they don't do something dumb and Uribe ends up missing a lot of time.

Huisj
04-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Jason Delaerro. I heard the kid's got a cannon for an arm, and is just about ready to break through hitting any time now!