PDA

View Full Version : Sox no longer last in walks, OBP

MRKARNO
04-28-2005, 12:50 PM
The White Sox are now tied for 28th in walks and are 24th in OBP, which is at least not last. So if anyone tries to tell you that they are last in either of these categories, inform them that they are incorrect.

mdep524
04-28-2005, 12:52 PM
The White Sox are now tied for 28th in walks and are 24th in OBP, which is at least not last. So if anyone tries to tell you that they are last in either of these categories, inform them that they are incorrect.

Haha. "We're not last in walks, we're second to last!" Now that's Sox Pride! :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Seven Sox walks yesterday. Four Sox walks the day before that. And we lost both games.

Here's the ONLY STAT that matters: the Sox lead the league in "W's."

SoxxoS
04-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Seven Sox walks yesterday. Four Sox walks the day before that. And we lost both games.

Here's the ONLY STAT that matters: the Sox lead the league in "W's."

FOBB's say you're full of **** PHG. And they are always right.

Flight #24
04-28-2005, 02:10 PM
FOBB's say you're full of **** PHG. And they are always right.

Haven't you heard? OBP is worthless now since the great BB's team is at .307 and that idiot KW's team at .311!

batmanZoSo
04-28-2005, 02:26 PM
inform them that they are incorrect.

Cub fan (mockingly): Ooo, 24th, better start printing those world's series tickets for the Soxss!! :cool:

Actually, that's not realistic. The average cub fan doesn't know what on-base percentage is, let alone its impact on the game...or that MLB has as many as 24 teams for that matter. But I digress...

We'll continue to rise in these categories. I think our offense will be fine. Don't underestimate Dye's abysmal .203 clip, which he's racked up with the third most ABs on the team; don't forget Konerko (.333), Rowand (.306), Everett (.306) and Pierzysnki (.297) have all fared well below their career averages; and never forget the big man...

Of course with a 16-6 record I could hardly give a crap what our statistics look like, but some people should take a look above and re-think their worries a little bit.