PDA

View Full Version : HEY CLR

Bmr31
11-05-2001, 02:45 PM
What happened to the BIG FIX??? *****!!!! :)

CLR01
11-05-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
What happened to the BIG FIX??? *****!!!! :)

The D-backs screwed it up and Selig is pissed. They are not going to get any bonus checks and they will be one of the teams wiped out if they do go for contraction.

czalgosz
11-05-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

The D-backs screwed it up and Selig is pissed. They are not going to get any bonus checks and they will be one of the teams wiped out if they do go for contraction.

Selig looked kind of pissed, to... He probably grabbed Colangelo and had some very firm words with him after the game -

Selig - "What the hell happened? I thought Schilling was going down in the fifth!?!"

Colangelo - "Look, I'm sorry, I got caught up in the moment. I'll make it up to you, I swear..."

Selig - "Damn right you are! You will immediately trade away Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling to the Yankees for Alfonso Soriano and Ted Lilly. Do you hear me? Immediately!"

Colangelo - "WHAT??? The Snakes fans will lynch me!"

Selig - "You've been crying all season about being poor, remember? Remember when you were asking players to donate their salaries to help the cause? I was counting on you to prove my point about haves and have nots, and you screwed up. You will claim that you can't afford to pay Johnson and Schilling any more, and you will spend the next 15 years rebuilding. Do you understand me?"

Colangelo - "Yes, sir..."

(announcement of presentation of World Series trophy is heard in the background. both men start to walk towards the field. Selig stops and grabs Colangelo once more)

Selig - "Oh, and one more thing..."

Colangelo - "Yes?"

Selig - "Looks like Durazo will have a job next year. Welcome to the American League."

Colangelo - "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

(Fade to black)

FarWestChicago
11-05-2001, 09:55 PM
LMAO, Czal!!