PDA

View Full Version : trends

eastchicagosoxfan
04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Well based on the last two games, if those trends hold, the Sox will be winless for the balance of the season. Of course that's not true. I also don't expect this team to win 116 games either. It's April, and the team has a godd won/loss record. What trends have been most encouraging? Most discouraging? The starting pitching has been sound. That's encouraging. There's been timely hiiting, which is encouraging. Defense has bit the team again--discouraging. What are some other opinions? I've asked mself, ( without seeing the games ) if Ozzie is playing guys out of position to send a message to Frank: You'll play where I tell you to play.

Banix12
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I guess the most prevalent trend I've seen is when the Sox make errors they are likely going to lose. When the defense is going right and there are no miscues the sox will win most of those games.

TaylorStSox
04-27-2005, 11:40 PM
I hope this series was an abnormality. One trend that the Sox need to continue is capitalizing on other teams miscues. If we stay fundamentally sound, then we should be able to.

I believe that our team is really built for agressiveness, defense and fundamentals.

Obviously, the pitching has to stay at this level for us to succeed. We'll go as far as they'll take us.

IowaSox1971
04-28-2005, 04:06 AM
The trend I have noticed is that we've been in every single game. We've led in every game. This team does not give up. Even on Wednesday, when we had many reasons to turn in a flat effort -- tough loss from the night before, injuries and final game of a long road trip -- we were within a bad call of possibly winning the game.

TomParrish79
04-28-2005, 04:33 AM
I too like the fact that we have been in every game, and I am blown away by the pitching so far this year.

Hope it continues.

Malgar 12
04-28-2005, 07:51 AM
I was discouraged by the return of untimely double plays. Especially Dye's in the 8th inning.

hold2dibber
04-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I've asked mself, ( without seeing the games ) if Ozzie is playing guys out of position to send a message to Frank: You'll play where I tell you to play.

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen posted here (and that's saying something!) :smile:

elrod
04-28-2005, 08:41 AM
We had a ton of guys out of position yesterday and we were still in it until the 9th. Why? The great starting pitching. Garcia has now thrown lights out in 4 out of 5 starts. Garland has been unhittable. Buehrle has alternated between mediocre and dominating, but more often the latter. El Duque and JC like to play with fire but they know how to get the big out. Just look at the ERA of both. A few oddball losses in Oakland with a banged-up second-string lineup won't hurt this team as long as the pitching stays strong.