PDA

View Full Version : I love Damaso Marte

mealfred13
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
Win or lose today, I just wanted to say that Marte has been absolutely clutch for us the past couple games and most of this season. It's really good to see him getting outs in pressure situations, which he seemed to struggle with a bit last season at times.

kevingrt
04-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Got to agree with you. Marte has been very good this year. Don't really understand why he was pulled after Rowands error in the 9th.

mealfred13
04-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Got to agree with you. Marte has been very good this year. Don't really understand why he was pulled after Rowands error in the 9th.

He's been getting a lot of use the last couple games, and I think he was only in there for the one batter anyway.

fusillirob1983
04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, he has done pretty well. It's a little frustrating that the last couple games he got put into tough situations and the balk was a little frustrating, but it seems like that one was the ump's fault.

Erik The Red
04-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Before I clicked on this thread I thought bafiarocks had found a new flavor of the month. :redneck

PAPChiSox729
04-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Marte has done pretty well so far. Hopefully he can revert to '03 form, then we be one of those great '7 inning' baseball teams.

mealfred13
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Before I clicked on this thread I thought bafiarocks had found a new flavor of the month. :redneck

Haha, no no no. I meant it in a manly, appreciative sort of way. I've been watching him since ST, and I predicted he'd be much better than last year. The pitching inside he was working on during spring training looked to be a key to his comeback this year. Seems to be working for the most part.

shoota
04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I've been disappointed with Marte's pitching so far this year.

The Cheat
04-28-2005, 12:29 AM
I love Damaso Marte

...So do the A's

batmanZoSo
04-28-2005, 12:36 AM
He's been getting a lot of use the last couple games, and I think he was only in there for the one batter anyway.

Yeah, he did his job, lol.

I was surprised he came in the 9th at all.

yoester
04-28-2005, 02:41 PM
So much love for the pitcher who lost the last 2 games.He balked in the tying run and yes there was errors against him, but he should have picked up his team and got out of the inning after Dye made that error. Good pitchers pick up there teammates. Yes, I think Marte is good, but let's not praise him for these last 2 games.

MRKARNO
04-28-2005, 03:19 PM
So much love for the pitcher who lost the last 2 games.He balked in the tying run and yes there was errors against him, but he should have picked up his team and got out of the inning after Dye made that error. Good pitchers pick up there teammates. Yes, I think Marte is good, but let's not praise him for these last 2 games.

He gets put into the most difficult situations more so than almost any other reliever in baseball. Does he fail? Yes, he's human, but he also succeeds at a very good rate and has been the backbone of our bullpen over the plast 3+ years.

mweflen
04-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Haha, no no no. I meant it in a manly, appreciative sort of way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

mealfred13
04-28-2005, 07:59 PM

The balk was questionable, but despite his wild pitch and amazing recovery at the plate, we had no chance in that game or the last two without his pitching in those high-pressure situations. Had the callds come out differently, we had a chance to win those last 2 games, and Marte kept us in 'em.

kevingrt
04-28-2005, 09:48 PM
The balk was questionable, but despite his wild pitch and amazing recovery at the plate, we had no chance in that game or the last two without his pitching in those high-pressure situations. Had the callds come out differently, we had a chance to win those last 2 games, and Marte kept us in 'em.

He damn saved the KC game too by blocking the plate. Now I understand sometimes he gets into his own jams, but he has been a pleasant sight this year. I think acquiring Damaso has been one of the best moves by KW in his years with the White Sox organization.