PDA

View Full Version : What is Sammy thinking today?

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2001, 12:59 PM
Here's a quote from Grace:

"I wasn't good enough to be the first baseman for the Cubs," Grace said. "But I'm good enough to be the first baseman for the world champions, and that feels pretty damn good."

Right now, is anyone paying attention to the fact that Sam-ME hit 60+ homers this year? I doubt it.

Winning is what matters, not stats.

:shammy

I hit the ball very hard this year.

Bmr31
11-05-2001, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Here's a quote from Grace:

"I wasn't good enough to be the first baseman for the Cubs," Grace said. "But I'm good enough to be the first baseman for the world champions, and that feels pretty damn good."

Right now, is anyone paying attention to the fact that Sam-ME hit 60+ homers this year? I doubt it.

Winning is what matters, not stats.

I hit the ball very hard this year.

If sosa cared about winning, he would play team ball and learn how to bunt and hit to the right side to move runners over.(in game winning situations). Instead, he just SWINGS FOR THE FENCES. :)

RKMeibalane
11-05-2001, 03:05 PM
And that would be why the Cubs will never win anything. Sosa may a great player, but that's all he is, and to be perfectly honest, that doesn't mean anything if he doesn't win a WS. There are a lot of players who have but up big numbers but never won anything, yet Cubs fans (they make me sick) think that it's OK to cheer for someone who cares more about his homeruns than he does the rest of his team. Did anyone here know that Sosa didn't stal any bases this season? It's true. That shows what kind of a player he is. He doesn't give a damn about "doing the little things" to improve his team's chances of winning a title. He is content to hit his homers and be cheered by the miserable drunkards to who sit in the rightfield bleachers.

duke of dorwood
11-05-2001, 05:10 PM

My clubhouse music is still better

LongDistanceFan
11-06-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

My clubhouse music is still better in our sig, who is it, i like the refuse to lose comment.

Jerry_Manuel
11-06-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
in our sig, who is it, i like the refuse to lose comment.

That is Jeff Gordon.