PDA

View Full Version : Latest News?

Lip Man 1
04-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Info from White Sox.com discusses a bit the injury bug and the reaction to Tuesday's bizarre loss. FYI:

"Most importantly, there were two White Sox middle infielders who left the game due to injury in the seventh inning. Depending on the status of shortstop Juan Uribe and utility infielder Pablo Ozuna, the White Sox could be short-handed Wednesday afternoon as they try to start a new winning streak.

"Well, I don't know yet," said Guillen of Uribe, who strained his groin muscle while trying to get out of the way of Keiichi Yabu's inside pitch, and Ozuna, who went for X-rays after getting struck by a Yabu pitch on the left wrist. "We have to wait for [Wednesday] to see how they feel."

"Stuff happens. It was a weird game," Guillen said. "A lot of crazy plays. I only criticize our people on the bench who make errors. All my players on the field are supposed to make errors."

"It was an embarrassing game all around," said Buehrle, who worked at least six innings for his 33rd straight start. "It shouldn't have got to what it led to at the end.

"To go out there and put up some runs against Harden and get the lead like we did, it should have never got to the late innings with the errors. I should have gone out there and stopped them. We should have won this game."

The White Sox didn't hang their heads long after this bizarre setback. Guillen talked to the team in the clubhouse, issuing strict orders to forget about the loss and focus on keeping alive their streak of at least winning the series -- something they have done in all seven pervious sets this season (including three sweeps).

Guillen also didn't want his team buying into the West Coast jinx theory after Tuesday's odd defeat. Speaking of numbers, that record fell to 3-17 for the White Sox at the Coliseum since the 2001 campaign. "I told them to keep your head up and be ready tomorrow," Guillen said. "There's nothing you can do. Just keep playing the way we have been and don't let this game get you down."

Lip

skottyj242
04-27-2005, 12:15 PM
When I see the lineup card this afternoon and I see Willie Harris starting at shortstop I might just have to turn off the television.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 12:18 PM
"Well, I don't know yet," said Guillen of Uribe, who strained his groin muscle while trying to get out of the way of Keiichi Yabu's inside pitch, and Ozuna, who went for X-rays after getting struck by a Yabu pitch on the left wrist. "We have to wait for [Wednesday] to see how they feel."

I hope Ozzie brought his glove on this road trip.

skottyj242
04-27-2005, 12:19 PM

I'm not sure if teal is appropriate here.

Irishsox1
04-27-2005, 12:22 PM
There are usually a couple of players on the Sox that flat out suck and this year its Willie Harris. The guy gets caught stealing to end the game against Seattle, he can't field a simple grounder in Oakland....I've had it with him. He can't hit, he can't bunt, he can't steal bases and he can't field....Willie Harris is useless!

voodoochile
04-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Love that Burlymon quote. Yes, the defense sucked, but he should have pitched over it. I also love the fact that the team isn't whining about the umps.

Just win today and the rest will take care of itself.

Rocky Soprano
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Love that Burlymon quote. Yes, the defense sucked, but he should have pitched over it. I also love the fact that the team isn't whining about the umps.

Just win today and the rest will take care of itself.

Exactly!

We are 6-1 and on this road trip, why are we complaining?

If the Sox win tonight, everything will be back to normal (meaning we will find something else to complain about).

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 12:42 PM
When I see the lineup card this afternoon and I see Willie Harris starting at shortstop I might just have to turn off the television.

Is there a willie harris filter that now comes with the HD picture??

hawkjt
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Willie Harris leads the team in hitting and on base %.

LVSoxFan
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Voodoochile, I like your point about the umps. The Sox got screwed on the throwout home call, but utterly screwed on the balk call.

And they're not complaining. They could, but they don't. And you know why that's a good thing?

In boxing, or in the UFC (if you watch that show), there's a saying: "Don't leave it to the judges." Time and time again you'd see some guy who lost on a decision who thought he had it and one of the coaches would say "Well, we both know if you leave it to the judges you put your fate in their hands."

And... the Sox made it close enough where it came down to an ump's decision. A bad ump's decision.

That's why even when they do get screwed by umps I like to see teams play through it--face it, without replay, bad ump calls are part of the game, like weird bounces, the wind blowing out or routine grounders going through people's legs. They're always going to happen.

I also like what Buehrle said, about how it was embarassing that they rang up Mr. 0.44 ERA for that many hits and runs and managed to give it all back with errors, and his lackluster pitching.

Oh well. Lesson learned. Let's move on. 141 games to go!

Jerko
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
There are usually a couple of players on the Sox that flat out suck and this year its Willie Harris. The guy gets caught stealing to end the game against Seattle, he can't field a simple grounder in Oakland....I've had it with him. He can't hit, he can't bunt, he can't steal bases and he can't field....Willie Harris is useless!

He HAS played in all 5 losses............... So have a lot of players but we can pick on Willie.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
As for the umps, Bruce Froemming was behind the plate last night... his missing a 'bang bang' play [which is usually called an out] at the plate is his mulligan for the year, because Froemming isn't a rookie. He's been around since 1971 and shouldn't miss those calls.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
On the injuries, it's good to see Widger is stepping it up with AJ missing for a few days. He's proving adequate. I was a little surprised about Burke not making the team, but he isn't doing much in the minors.

Randar68
04-27-2005, 01:11 PM
but he isn't doing much in the minors.

And he never has, which is why the love-affari in the offseason based on scattered at-bats was so ludicrous.

Hope Widger starts again today with the off-day there to help AJ be ready to go this weekend.

Brian26
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
As for the umps, Bruce Froemming was behind the plate last night... his missing a 'bang bang' play [which is usually called an out] at the plate is his mulligan for the year, because Froemming isn't a rookie. He's been around since 1971 and shouldn't miss those calls.

A serious question for anyone who has ever umped...what is the CORRECT position for the umpire to be in for that play? Hawk kept saying he was out of position, but I thought he was in position...in front of the plate. He certainly can't be behing the plate on that, can he?

elrod
04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
A serious question for anyone who has ever umped...what is the CORRECT position for the umpire to be in for that play? Hawk kept saying he was out of position, but I thought he was in position...in front of the plate. He certainly can't be behing the plate on that, can he?

The problem was that his view of the play was blocked by the catcher. He should have been off to the side a bit because it was a pretty routine bang-bang play where the action is on the third base side of the plate. It DID look like he was out of position enough that he couldn't see Widger blocking the plate.

mweflen
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Thread summary: Harris is a chump. Froemming is a chump. Both blew plays /calls they should have made. Injury bug very scary.

Gotta say, though, Dye has been pretty chump-tacular in his own right. I want to expect him to make up for it today, but I just fear it will lead to a bunch of pop-ups as he tries to hit a 6-run-homer in every AB.

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 01:30 PM
When I see the lineup card this afternoon and I see Willie Harris starting at shortstop I might just have to turn off the television.According to ESPN 1000 it's going to be Crede at short with Widger at third. Read that sentence again. Crede at short, Widger at third. Wow. Might want to TiVo this one.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
According to ESPN 1000 it's going to be Crede at short with Widger at third. Read that sentence again. Crede at short, Widger at third.

:hawk
"MERCY!!!!"

Iwritecode
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
According to ESPN 1000 it's going to be Crede at short with Widger at third. Read that sentence again. Crede at short, Widger at third. Wow. Might want to TiVo this one.

:thud:

Brian26
04-27-2005, 01:34 PM
According to ESPN 1000 it's going to be Crede at short with Widger at third. Read that sentence again. Crede at short, Widger at third. Wow. Might want to TiVo this one.

You're joking.

wilburaga
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM

Still better than Caruso and Norton.

W

DaveIsHere

:rolling: :rolling:

:drunken::drunken::drunken: GOD HELP US

WOW, I am looking forward to the PBP in the chat

tacosalbarojas
You're joking.I hope they were joking, but that's what I heard. It was in the news update report.

Jjav829
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM

Tell me you're joking. Wow. Why not Gooch at short and Willie at second? I would think Gooch would be willing to take one for the team and move back to his old position for one game. You have to be joking...right?

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Still better than Caruso and Norton.

WShhhhh wil....not too loud, you know Norty is back in the fold and his #31 can be revived all too quickly.

Flight #24

That just can't be true unless Ozzie/KW dumped Willie in the Bay with cement shoes last night. They're either saying Willie can't beat out Crede at SS defensively, or that they'd rather live with the subpar D at SS & 3B to get Widger's bat in ahead of Willie's.

Either way, I hope Willie's all packed because he's out of here fairly soon. If Ozzie won't even use him as a backup IF, then you might as well use his roster spot on something that can help the team like another pitcher or something.

DaveIsHere
Shouldnt the line up be posted soon?

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Tell me you're joking. Wow. Why not Gooch at short and Willie at second? I would think Gooch would be willing to take one for the team and move back to his old position for one game. You have to be joking...right?Nope. Honest, that's what they said. Not sure who was doing the reporting today - Dave Juday, maybe?

Brian26
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM

:jerry

(Evil Grin)

"And they said I was crazy for putting Josh Paul in left field."

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 01:39 PM
That just can't be true unless Ozzie/KW dumped Willie in the Bay with cement shoes last night. They're either saying Willie can't beat out Crede at SS defensively, or that they'd rather live with the subpar D at SS & 3B to get Widger's bat in ahead of Willie's.

Either way, I hope Willie's all packed because he's out of here fairly soon. If Ozzie won't even use him as a backup IF, then you might as well use his roster spot on something that can help the team like another pitcher or something.They also said Willie would be at second, I believe. It's Jeff Dickerson on the update desk, for what that's worth.

Brian26
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
They also said Willie would be at second, I believe. It's Jeff Dickerson on the update desk, for what that's worth.

Gooch is hurting too. Wow, we've got like a 19-man roster right now.

Iwritecode
04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
They also said Willie would be at second, I believe.

Hell, might as well put Iguchi in left field then...

Baby Fisk

:o: These getaway-day lineups are getting curiouser and curiouser. I need to start drinking. Now.

The Racehorse
I hope they were joking, but that's what I heard. It was in the news update report.

It'd be better for Ozzie to impersonate Lou Boudreau than to roll out sore footed Comet Crede at SS.
:thud:

Flight #24
They also said Willie would be at second, I believe. It's Jeff Dickerson on the update desk, for what that's worth.

That makes marginally more sense, assuming that Iguchi's actually hurt as Hawk said. I'd hope he could gut it out for a game with tomorrow off. Hopefully this isn't Ozzie & KW's version of Manuel forgoing game3 v. NY to prep for a game v. Detroit.

Either way.....look for a lot of Oakland bunts. Freddy'd better keep the ball in the air.

Brian26
04-27-2005, 01:42 PM

"If you want my advice...I'd put Konerko at thirdbase, then work Gload into the game at first, and maybe Timo will get some at bats at shortstop today...."

:ozzie

"Shut Up, I make out the ****ing lineup card."

DaveIsHere
04-27-2005, 01:43 PM
:o: These getaway-day lineups are getting curiouser and curiouser. I need to start drinking. Now.

It will be great if we could pull a win off with this infield, I just feel bad for Fraddy, his chances for a win just went down hil dramatically:(:

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Gooch is hurting too. Wow, we've got like a 19-man roster right now.

"Joey [Cora], grab a **bleeping** glove!"

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
I seem to recall that Robin Ventura has nothing to do these days...

WhiteSox16K
04-27-2005, 01:45 PM
That makes marginally more sense, assuming that Iguchi's actually hurt as Hawk said. I'd hope he could gut it out for a game with tomorrow off.

I dont know if this has been said yet, but Iguchi took a hard hit on the DP early in the game last night and came up lame. He probably couldve played if it was a must, but I'm assuming that their going with the off day with a day game after a night game for him and the rest of the injured

Ol' No. 2
04-27-2005, 01:49 PM
It will be great if we could pull a win off with this infield, I just feel bad for Fraddy, his chances for a win just went down hil dramatically:(:I'm almost praying they lose, because with a win everyone here is going to want to keep that infield all year.:o:

Uncle_Patrick
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/preview/MLB_20050427_CHW@OAK

cbs sportsline has the line up posted.

Harris -2b
Crede - ss
Widger - 3b

ma_deuce
04-27-2005, 02:02 PM

I'm not sure if teal is appropriate here.

There... much better. :wink:

tacosalbarojas
04-27-2005, 02:03 PM

There... much better. :wink: Rooney and Farmer just confirmed the lineup. TiVo it...this could be one to save for the blooper reel.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM

Harris -2b
Crede - ss
Widger - 3b

Am I the only one who feels the SOX only chance today is if Freddy hurls a perfect game AND Carl, PK & Dye all hit for the cycle?

DaveIsHere
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM

Harris -2b
Crede - ss
Widger - 3b

Hell has officially frozen over :(:

ChiSox7
04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Does Joe even know how to turn a double play? Could we have not called somebody up for a game overnight?

ma-gaga
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM

Harris -2b
Crede - ss
Widger - 3b

gawd. I thought the Twins were goofy keeping 4 catchers, and 4 weak hitting middle/futility infielders on their 25 man roster;

Mauer, LeCroy, Miller, Redman
Rivas, Punto, Bartlett, Castro

Flight #24
04-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Hmmm....Ronney 7 Farmer just said Uribe & Iguchi "could play if needed", and that Iguchi's deal is a sore shin. I'dve hoped he could play through that to give us a fighting chance, esp with tomorrow's off day.

Apparently Dye said he could come in & play 2B if needed. Ozzie said "if we need that, we're in big big trouble". I suppoes big trouble isn't defined as your 3B playing SS and your backup C playing 3B?
:?:

DaveIsHere
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Has Joe ever played SS, has Widger played 3rd??

This remonds me of a Little eague linup, the 3rd game of a triple header or something. Hope Pauly doesnt get hurt trying to catch the throws from these guys, hell if they can even get to the ball for the possibility of a throw

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 02:07 PM

Harris -2b
Crede - ss
Widger - 3b

For Bafiarocks, it's Christmas morning.

DoggPhood
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Willie at 2nd, Widger at 3rd, Crede at Short.

DaveIsHere
Hmmm....Ronney 7 Farmer just said Uribe & Iguchi "could play if needed", and that Iguchi's deal is a sore shin. I'dve hoped he could play through that to give us a fighting chance, esp with tomorrow's off day.

Apparently Dye said he could come in & play 2B if needed. Ozzie said "if we need that, we're in big big trouble". I suppoes big trouble isn't defined as your 3B playing SS and your backup C playing 3B?
:?:

Wow this is getting better and better, is it on COmcast, I would love to catch the replay maybe tomorrow. Someone be sure to save me a tape of this. I could only imagine Dye in the infield

:chunks

The Wimperoo
Good thing Freddy doesn't know what a groundball is.

Uncle_Patrick
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM

:rolling:

bigredrudy
04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
Why don't we just forfeit?

DoggPhood
04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I would not be surprised to see Buehrle come in and play first or something like that later in the game. We're gonna run out of players at this injury rate.

DaveIsHere
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=668298#post668298

Uncle_Patrick
Why don't we just forfeit?

That's the spirit!

By the way, we're already discussing this here:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49000&page=4

ChiSoxMTR
I hope Oakland hits a lot of pop outs.

skobabe8
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Seriously, can Ozzie play?

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM

ROTFLMFAO!

very very sad but true

DoggPhood
04-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Baines can DH.

SOXSINCE'70
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Is there a willie harris filter that now comes with the HD picture??

It's the same one Dan Bernstein once talked about.You hit the SAP
button on your remote and Vin Scully does his impression of Hawk.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Can't you just imagine the possibilities??

"3-2 the count.There's a fly ball to deep left field.Stretch.Get up.
You can put it on the board, yes.Mercy.":rolling: :rolling:

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 02:15 PM

I take it that's a fantasy league reference?

Brian26
04-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Does Joe even know how to turn a double play? Could we have not called somebody up for a game overnight?

Booking a flight between Charlotte and Oakland with a 12 hour turnaround between games and all of the logistical stuff involved. Nearly impossible.

daveeym
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
I take it that's a fantasy league reference? Bafia's one of the young ladies on the board who likes all the "cute" backups and losers on the team over the last few years. Throw in Royce Clayton at first and she'd go nuts.

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 02:19 PM
I take it that's a fantasy league reference?

She's a 14-year-old who posts here and shares with us her LOVE FOR WILLIE!!!!!!!!!!!! WILLIE IS HER SWEET BABOO!!!!!!!!!!

(just teasing, bafia... :cool: )

wilburaga
Rooney and Farmer just confirmed the lineup. TiVo it...this could be one to save for the blooper reel.

The Widget is certainly seeing the world from a lot of different angles this spring. But if you can survive Camden, then third base shouldn't be much of a problem.

W

The Racehorse
Bafia's one of the young ladies on the board who likes all the "cute" backups and losers on the team over the last few years. Through in Royce Clayton at first and she'd go nuts.

heh heh... I see.

Rocky Soprano
04-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Bafia's one of the young ladies on the board who likes all the "cute" backups and losers on the team over the last few years. Through in Royce Clayton at first and she'd go nuts.

Dont forget to bring in D'Angelo Jimenez to pitch. She would die a happy person.

JoseCanseco6969

"If you want my advice...I'd put Konerko at thirdbase, then work Gload into the game at first, and maybe Timo will get some at bats at shortstop today...."

"Shut Up, I make out the ****ing lineup card."

Hell, why not put PK behind the plate while were at it. he played there years ago.

SOXSINCE'70
Is Luis Aparicio availiable?? Too bad Nellie Fox has passed on.
My dad told me he and Aparicio turned DP's like it was nobody's
business in the 1959 season (and beyond). Could Bill Melton
suit up??

Seriously,i'm just about to

:chunks

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Hell, why not put PK behind the plate while were at it. he played there years ago.

His hip couldn't take it... he's today's set up man for Shingo.

Ol' No. 2
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, the PTC contest should be interesting today.:o:

DoggPhood
04-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Neither Crede nor Widger have ever played these positions in the majors.

anewman35
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Has Joe ever played SS, has Widger played 3rd??

According to Baseball-Reference.com, they haven't, at least not in the majors.

infohawk
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Actually, with an off-day tomorrow, this lineup makes some sense. It gives some guys who are banged up a couple of days to heal, and if the team can pull out a win, bonus. The team is already guaranteed at least six wins out of eight games on the road trip. The injury that hurts the most, besides Uribe, is obviously Ozuna, as he can play anywhere on the infield. Now Crede must play short, necessitating that a guy like Widger play third. I'm comfortable with Harris at second. Remember, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Flight #24
04-27-2005, 02:26 PM
According to Baseball-Reference.com, they haven't, at least not in the majors.

Rooney & Farmio confirmed it. On a side note - anyone think this lineup's strictly a reflection of Ozzie's desire to gain multi-position eligibility for guys on his fantasy team?

daveeym
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Hell, why not put PK behind the plate while were at it. he played there years ago. If it wasn't for the injury potential I'd tell ozzie to go ahead and go with a players make the lineup day out there. Let dye take second, willie in center, pods at short, crede in left. Talk about throwing the A's and the media a curve.

Tekijawa
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm going to puke...

This better be a Joke line up Ozzie!

Edit D'oh Sorry guys!

owensmouth
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
If we make it through 9 innings it'll be amazing.

DaveIsHere
All ready 2 threads on this, Check "Latest News!?"

bennyw41
Why not Tadahito at short. At least he's played there.

bennyw41
Why not put Tadahito at Short, he's at least played there.

anewman35
04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm going to puke...

This better be a Joke line up Ozzie!

If people are hurt, what choice is there?

That's an interesting question, actually. Assuming that Uribe, Iguchi, and Ozuna can't play, and there's no time to call anybody up, what lineup do you use today?

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 02:30 PM
:DJ
"ahem"

[pause]

"AHEM!"

"DJ what's the trouble? Uh... what's the glove for?"

"This? Oh, nothing. I was just down on the field running some sprints. Yep, it feels good to get warmed up every now and then."

"I... see..."

"Yep, yep, yep. Damn, I feel like a 30-year-old. Hell, I feel like a rookie!"

"Yeaaaahhhhhh..."

*suddenly very interested in a newspaper*

"I think I'm gunna head down to the clubhouse and see how Ozzie's doin. Let him know I'm feeling really limber this afternoon. Know what I'm saying?"

"I guess!"

*rolling his eyes*

Rocky Soprano

Tadahito is not even playing.

Gotta say this is the first time ever that going into a game I feel we have no chance. Prove me wrong, Sox!

The Racehorse
Neither Crede nor Widger have ever played these positions in the majors.

Uribe = Wally Pipp? ... :rolling: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

infohawk
If we make it through 9 innings it'll be amazing.

Can you imagine what a win today would do for the team's confidence? It would be HUGE. If they lose, no big deal because a couple of guys were playing out of position and key starters were out. Here's the real question. What would be worse, Crede at short with Widger at third or Ross Gload anywhere in the outfield?:o:

anewman35

He's apparently a little hurt, too. If not, I'd have to assume it would be him at second and Harris at short (or the reverse) and Crede where he belongs.

Tekijawa
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Why not let Konerko Catch, he was drafted at that position, and Play Gload at first?

the gooch
04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope Oakland hits a lot of pop outs.

but not to dye

Tekijawa
04-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Do unearned runs count against the PTC? if so I might want to change my pick!

Ol' No. 2
04-27-2005, 02:34 PM

:?:No, that's big trouble all right. Dye playing 2B is big, big trouble. I assume big, big, big trouble would involve Harris behind the plate.:o:

Flight #24
04-27-2005, 02:35 PM
It could be worse, we could be starting a lineup including Jose Macias, Neifi Perez, Todd Hollandsworth, & Henry Blanco......take solace where you can.

eriqjaffe
04-27-2005, 02:36 PM
This ought to be interesting...

NonetheLoaiza
04-27-2005, 02:37 PM
I thought the same thing. Yikes...

As long as it gets the job done, I don't care.

skottyj242
04-27-2005, 02:38 PM
You guys are a little late on this one.

eriqjaffe
04-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Looking them up on Baseball Reference, and neither one of them have played those positions in the bigs...

Unregistered
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Does this remind anyone else of playing MVP?

I seemed to have moved all these guys around in these positions before... but that was in a VIDEO GAME.

mweflen
04-27-2005, 03:05 PM
:tomatoaward?

santo=dorf
04-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Good thing Freddy doesn't know what a groundball is.
I'm sorry, but this is the 1,243,523th time I have seen this crap posted, and it's just not true. :angry:

His GO/AO with the Sox last season as 1.35, and this year it is 1.34. Strikeout pitchers tend to give up more flyballs than groundballs, but that hasn't been the case with Garcia in his stint with the Sox.

LVSoxFan
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Crede just turned a nice double, so maybe these guys will step it up.