PDA

View Full Version : KW's two biggest mistakes

bigredrudy
04-27-2005, 11:10 AM
First KW did consider moving the fences back at the cell but decided against it. This was a big mistake. When the warm weather comes and the ball begins to fly, pop flies will wind up in both bullpens. This is not the kind of baseball we need to play. When the Sox scratch for runs and some guy hits a pop fly that just drops in the bullpen for a three run homer, you will see what I mean. The ball park as it was originally laid out was fair. The present ball park is not fair. It favors the hitters and negates the speed that the Sox now have. The defensive speed of a Podsednik as illustrated by the catch he made in Oakland last night is of little value in the cell. And his ability to steal bases is of little use in a ballpark like this one. The White Sox as they are presently constituted might even play better on the road The second mistake that Kw made was in not keeping Valdez. Valdez is a questionable hitter but he can play defense. He has good range and a strong accurate arm. He plays like a natural shortstop. ozuna and Harris cannot play the position. They both prefer second base. Last year Ozuna and Harris both played that position. If you can play shortstop you play it. If you can't play short, you play second.I would have traded Harris and kept Ozuna and Valdez. If Uribe is out for any extended period the Sox might have to make a trade. This one injury is the that could really hurt.

Rocky Soprano
04-27-2005, 11:16 AM
:chickenlittle

balke
04-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Valdez sucked. The fences are fine.

jabrch
04-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Well - polish up your resume and apply for the job of General Manager of the team with the best record in baseball. I'm sure you are much more qualified than KW and would do a much better job.

Frater Perdurabo
04-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Well - polish up your resume and apply for the job of General Manager of the team with the best record in baseball. I'm sure you are much more qualified than KW and would do a much better job.

Not Teal!

:tealpolice:

mweflen
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
:threadblows::threadsucks

This thread both sucks and blows.

samram
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Not Teal!

:tealpolice:

Eh, none needed there. Methinks KW is perfectly safe for now, despite adding a 50 SB guy and building a solid pitching staff that has performed better than any other team in the AL so far. I guess we'll just have to live with him for another year.

NonetheLoaiza
04-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Last time I checked, the White Sox have the same chance of that pop fly being hit for a 3 run bomb for them. Two teams play in a game on the same field. One team is not going to have the advantage simply because of the field dimensions.

:threadblows:

StockdaleForVeep
04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
The only problem with the fences is that theyres not symetrical and you got that ugly disturbing corner that jutts out in left centre

dpbyron
04-27-2005, 01:04 PM
:whoflungpoo

voodoochile
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM
WHERE are you going to move the fences too? Didn't they fill in all that area with seats? Is that even KW's decision?

If trading Valdez is the biggest mistake KW made this off season than you should be jumping up and down and screaming hallelujia.

Compared to the good moves he made in the last 365 days, you aren't even on the radar let alone under it...:rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
WHERE are you going to move the fences too? Didn't they fill in all that area with seats? Is that even KW's decision?

If trading Valdez is the biggest mistake KW made this off season than you should be jumping up and down and screaming hallelujia.

Compared to the good moves he made in the last 365 days, you aren't even on the radar let alone under it...:rolleyes:

One win and the FOBB emerge from their hovels...

PatK
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Paragraphs are your friend.

Randar68
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
First KW did consider moving the fences back at the cell but decided against it. This was a big mistake. When the warm weather comes and the ball begins to fly, pop flies will wind up in both bullpens. This is not the kind of baseball we need to play. When the Sox scratch for runs and some guy hits a pop fly that just drops in the bullpen for a three run homer, you will see what I mean. The ball park as it was originally laid out was fair. The present ball park is not fair. It favors the hitters and negates the speed that the Sox now have. The defensive speed of a Podsednik as illustrated by the catch he made in Oakland last night is of little value in the cell. And his ability to steal bases is of little use in a ballpark like this one. The White Sox as they are presently constituted might even play better on the road The second mistake that Kw made was in not keeping Valdez. Valdez is a questionable hitter but he can play defense. He has good range and a strong accurate arm. He plays like a natural shortstop. ozuna and Harris cannot play the position. They both prefer second base. Last year Ozuna and Harris both played that position. If you can play shortstop you play it. If you can't play short, you play second.I would have traded Harris and kept Ozuna and Valdez. If Uribe is out for any extended period the Sox might have to make a trade. This one injury is the that could really hurt.

FYI, with the slew of Sox OF prospects, Podsednik may only be here a year or 2. You want to move the fences in and out every couple of years?

Also FYI, the Sox lead baseball in HR's without Maggs for 100 games and Frank almost half the season. Konerko, Rowand, Crede, Dye, Everett and Uribe all have 25+ HR potential, not even counting Frank whenever he comes back. There is still plenty of power, so relax, stop reading ESPN, Sun-Times, and Cubune "doomsday is coming" articles and enjoy ferchrissakes.

WinningUgly!
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM
:threadblows::threadsucks

This thread both sucks and blows.

That just reminded me...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/WSIbanners/THISTHREADBITES.JPG

ja1022
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Wow. Just wow.

(Somebody must have woke up a little cranky this morning.)