PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dye, and Harris

sox1malone84
04-27-2005, 02:32 AM
Please Kenny trade these players. I can't stand seeing them make mistakes like this over, and over again. I think we can get decent players by trading them. Maybe another right fielder, or utility player that we desperately need. Harris, and Dye stink. I know I'm being hard on them, but cmon. We have to be realistic here. Were 4 games up, and we can't afford to blow this. Trade them now while things are great.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Trading Dye is not a possibility at the moment, as Dye signed as a free agent and there is a rule in the CBA that prevents teams from trading free agent signings before a specific date(June 1st, I believe)

MUsoxfan
04-27-2005, 02:37 AM
I'd agree with Harris if he held any trade value whatsoever. Dye will come around

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Please Kenny trade these players. I can't stand seeing them make mistakes like this over, and over again. I think we can get decent players by trading them. Maybe another right fielder, or utility player that we desperately need. Harris, and Dye stink. I know I'm being hard on them, but cmon. We have to be realistic here. Were 4 games up, and we can't afford to blow this. Trade them now while things are great.

Yeah ok, trade them while their value is very low..GREAT IDEA! You should be promoted to GM of the Sox ASAP.

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 02:41 AM
I'd agree with Harris if he held any trade value whatsoever. Dye will come around

doesnt harris have some options left? I say send him down for a while because he is no use for us as a rusty bench player. Dye will be ok, but his play today will not cut it today.

Banix12
04-27-2005, 02:50 AM
I feel confident that Dye will turn it around, he's usually a pretty sure handed fielder but he just had a bad night tonight. (remember this is one game after he made Baseball Tonight's top plays). He showed some progress with the bat tonight as well.

Harris is a conundrum right now. I think if Kenny could get someone useful back in return I think he would take him. My feeling is he is gonna be the odd man out when Thomas comes back, he'll get sent to the minors to work on his defense at SS and the OF, and stay down there in case something happens to one of the starters, particularly Iguchi (the way he stands in and takes slides off the knee on double plays scares me having a backup 2nd baseman might be handy). In which case he'll come up and fill in. I was of the feeling that Timo would be the man out before but now that I think about it, Timo's arm in the OF in a reserve role will keep him around.

batmanZoSo
04-27-2005, 02:55 AM
I feel confident that Dye will turn it around, he's usually a pretty sure handed fielder but he just had a bad night tonight. (remember this is one game after he made Baseball Tonight's top plays). He showed some progress with the bat tonight as well.

Harris is a conundrum right now. I think if Kenny could get someone useful back in return I think he would take him. My feeling is he is gonna be the odd man out when Thomas comes back, he'll get sent to the minors to work on his defense at SS and the OF, and stay down there in case something happens to one of the starters, particularly Iguchi (the way he stands in and takes slides off the knee on double plays scares me having a backup 2nd baseman might be handy). In which case he'll come up and fill in. I was of the feeling that Timo would be the man out before but now that I think about it, Timo's arm in the OF in a reserve role will keep him around.

He gets thrown out to end games (against a lefty that's hard to steal off of and a catcher with the best arm in the game no less) and has grounders go through his legs. He's gotta go, period.

IowaSox1971
04-27-2005, 03:29 AM
It would be silly to over-react and get rid of these guys just because of one loss. We might need Harris if Iguchi slumps, and Dye is a decent player who has just gotten off to a slow start.

Banix12
04-27-2005, 03:38 AM
It would be silly to over-react and get rid of these guys just because of one loss. We might need Harris if Iguchi slumps, and Dye is a decent player who has just gotten off to a slow start.

Exactly, and why would anybody want to go mixing around with the chemistry of a team that is 16-5 and just coming off a long winning streak anyway?

MUsoxfan
04-27-2005, 03:38 AM

We might be better off to leave the part of the IF empty if Harris is to play there....based on the last couple of balls hit to him

Chicago83
04-27-2005, 03:39 AM
This is a joke, right?

balke
04-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Its funny that people want to trade Willie when we are obviously weakened by IF injuries right now. We're lucky to have a backup for Ozuna/Uribe. Especially if they both are going to miss time now. Crede didn't seem to move at all while playing D at 3rd. If he has to miss time, I'm wondering if we're going to have to call up Fields.

I'm not ready to trade anyone just yet. But in the future, I think something is going to have to be done in RF if things continue this way. Willie isn't even supposed to be playing SS, I'm not going to jump on a bench player. We might have to move over Iguchi to SS, and have Harris at 2nd, which I think would be satisfactory for the time being.

fquaye149
04-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Its funny that people want to trade Willie when we are obviously weakened by IF injuries right now. We're lucky to have a backup for Ozuna/Uribe. Especially if they both are going to miss time now. Crede didn't seem to move at all while playing D at 3rd. If he has to miss time, I'm wondering if we're going to have to call up Fields.

I'm not ready to trade anyone just yet. But in the future, I think something is going to have to be done in RF if things continue this way. Willie isn't even supposed to be playing SS, I'm not going to jump on a bench player. We might have to move over Iguchi to SS, and have Harris at 2nd, which I think would be satisfactory for the time being.

The mentality is ifwe had anyone but Willie last night, we would have won.

CLEEEEEARLY that is true.

samram
04-27-2005, 07:43 AM
We have to be realistic here.

You should take your own advice. The team is 16-5, why ruin the team's chemistry? Should KW trade everyone that's at fault in every loss? Hell, trade Buehrle, he wasn't very good last night. Marte balked in a run, trade him too. Harris is hitting .350 in 20 ABs, Dye will, over the course of the season, will play very well defensively. Just relax.

SOXSINCE'70
04-27-2005, 08:03 AM
You should take your own advice. The team is 16-5, why ruin the team's chemistry? Should KW trade everyone that's at fault in every loss? Hell, trade Buehrle, he wasn't very good last night. Marte balked in a run, trade him too. Harris is hitting .350 in 20 ABs, Dye will, over the course of the season, will play very well defensively. Just relax.

While you're at it,trade Crede,AJ,Dye,Harris,Garcia,Garland and
Beuhrle for a team that could win a WS in my lifetime!!:roflmao: :roflmao:

OH MY GOD!!!THEY LOST A GAME!!!!!

:chickenlittle

ondafarm
04-27-2005, 08:49 AM
The mentality is ifwe had anyone but Willie last night, we would have won.

CLEEEEEARLY that is true.

Where are the TEAL POLICE when you need them???????

Frater Perdurabo
04-27-2005, 09:09 AM

:tealpolice:

Someone called?

ma_deuce
04-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Dye can stay until Frank comes back. If he hasn't improved by then, bring Carl into the outfield and let Dye's butt polish pine for a while.

Deuce

fquaye149
04-27-2005, 11:50 AM

i thought 8 e's were sufficient. oops.

dcb33
04-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Dye can stay until Frank comes back. If he hasn't improved by then, bring Carl into the outfield and let Dye's butt polish pine for a while.

Deuce

There is absolutely no way that I would want Carl out in RF over Dye. In case you haven't noticed, Carl hasn't been tearing it up for the last week either, and his defense is absolutely BRUTAL, much worse than Jermaine's. Give Dye a break- everyone makes a mistake every once in awhile.

Where were all these Dye haters after Monday's game when he made that amazing web gem catch?

veeter
04-27-2005, 12:25 PM
doesnt harris have some options left? I say send him down for a while because he is no use for us as a rusty bench player. Dye will be ok, but his play today will not cut it today. Yea that .360 is a rusty avg. He's made some mistakes in the field but give the guy a break. Harris is part of a VERY strong bench.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Yea that .360 is a rusty avg. He's made some mistakes in the field but give the guy a break. Harris is part of a VERY strong bench.

If Willie were truly as good as you sarcastically claim is a "rusty average," we would have little trouble trading him for a reserve infielder that can play SS.

Reserve fielders fill holes. Jimenez couldn't play 3B and he was traded because he had value to somebody else. Willie can't play SS but so far he hasn't been traded. Of course it was July when the Sox finally gave up on D'angelo. It's only April for Willie.

Thank God we have Iguchi. Otherwise we all know who might get his third Sox audition.
:o:

:ralomar:
"Shortstop? Sure, why not!"

Brian26
04-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Of course it was July when the Sox finally gave up on D'angelo. It's only April for Willie.

Plenty of time left for Willie to start loafing on the field, dropping pop-ups and getting caught sleeping on the basepaths to be tagged out to end a game. Willie can only hope to accomplish what D'Angelo did by the July trade deadline.

Lip Man 1
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
It takes two teams to make a deal and I don't know of any other team at this point that would participate even if the needs matched up.

Lip

balke
04-27-2005, 01:01 PM
I hope Willie can shut some people up tonight. He's a freakin bench player. Jimenez was a starter who couldn't even play 2nd.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-27-2005, 01:14 PM
I hope Willie can shut some people up tonight. He's a freakin bench player. Jimenez was a starter who couldn't even play 2nd.

Your memory is failing you. Jimenez was a starter who proved he wasn't good enough to start. That's why the Sox acquired Roberto Alomar, to take away Jimenez's everyday 2B job. Sound familiar? That's EXACTLY what happened to Willie Harris when the Sox signed Iguchi to play 2B everyday, too.

Weeding out everyday ballplayers the likes of D'angelo Jimenez and Willie Harris is how you improve your ballclub. It's worked great for the Sox this season so no complaints.

:cool:

It's also worth noting that Harris was kept on the roster in 2002 and D'J sent packing because Harris could play everywhere D'J could play plus outfield. That's why the Sox auditioned D'J at 3B. It was his last chance to show he was worth more to the Sox as a reserve fielder than Harris.

How ironic that what made Harris more valuable in 2002 is now worthless to the Sox. The team has more outfielders than it could possibly ever use because we acquired Pods, Everett, Perez and Dye, plus Aaron Rowand has exceeded all expectations in CF. Harris's outfielding skills are pointless to the Sox.

What the Sox NEED is a reserve fielder to play SS. There has to be better options than giving Willie on-the-job training on an MLB roster trying to win the pennant.

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Yea that .360 is a rusty avg. He's made some mistakes in the field but give the guy a break. Harris is part of a VERY strong bench.

The freaking break the guy has been getting is that he's still playing for a MLB team! How many times does he have to prove that hes worthless before some of you can understand thats hes a bum???

Yeah and we much anoint Ozuna for his 500 average in ST as the next ted williams. give ME a break

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 01:38 PM

the only way Willie can shut some of us up is to not be playing for the MLB team the Chicago White Sox.

Brian26
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
The team has more outfielders than it could possibly ever use because we acquired Pods, Everett, Perez and Dye, plus Aaron Rowand has exceeded all expectations in CF.

Don't forget Gload and Ozuna can play the corners.

:jerry

"Gload can play centerfield too!"

RavenswoodFan
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM

Deuce:smile: I agree! If his bat and his defense don't turn around we'll need someone else to step in.
Let's face it folks we would have won this game if Dye hadn't made that throwing error to 3rd instead of to second, and dropped that fly ball. Even Hawk and D.J. said as much.
Of course wee willi didn't help much either.