PDA

View Full Version : Are Injuries Becoming a Concern?

SoxFan48
04-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Hermanson--stiff back
AJ--toe
Jose--groin pull
Crede--bruise
Uribe--just pulled with a groin pull

chisoxfanatic
04-26-2005, 11:21 PM
No. Simply, these are very minor. Uribe probably will only sit out one game, in fact. I have no worries at this moment.

Charno
04-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Pretty common early in the season, I think. Most of that is pretty minor.

swanson24
04-26-2005, 11:22 PM
It is troubling but during the season this will happen. :(: Even Everett played through some pain when he hit the wall hard in Cleveland playing left field. Lets just cross our fingers and play it safe. We have a decent minor league system if any injury becomes serious and players need a rest. Although I hope and pray that the DL remains small. I don't think there is a need to panic yet so lets just enjoy this streak and the great games so far. :cool:

ND_Sox_Fan
04-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Not too much at this point. All it means is that we will see more Ozuna, which is never a bad thing!!

God forbid, but if a guy like Konerko, Everett, or Rowand goes down, I will be concerned at that point.

Palehose13
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
No. Simply, these are very minor. Uribe probably will only sit out one game, in fact. I have no worries at this moment.

Exactly. All are minor, not going to put anyone on the DL and I am confident in the bench.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Not too concerned with a 5 game lead if we have to give guys a breather for a game or two. If we were the one down five games, I'd be much more concerned.

TaylorStSox
04-26-2005, 11:58 PM
Capt. Obvious award goes to you my friend.

GiveMeSox
04-27-2005, 12:26 AM
I say yes they are becuase of the time of the injures. Anytime 5 people at a time, all regulars, go down you are gonna have problems. Uribe's injury is the most alarming. When Pods had a groin pull he was out about 7 games. The same will probably be true for Uribe with his. We are slowly losing our valued depth.

Lip Man 1
04-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Posednik missed a week with his groin pull, Juan looked to be in more discomfort. Ozuna could be out a while if his hand is broken, we'll see.

I'd expect Hermansen and A.J. back soon. Contreras starts Friday according to Ozzie. Crede obviously can play since he went in tonight. As far as Frank Thomas who knows at this point.

Lip

chisox06
04-27-2005, 12:43 AM
I would say were more banged up than injured at this point. We only have 1 guy on the DL as we speak, who's been there since the start of the year. Although after this night it wouldn't surprise if Uribe and Pablo take a trip to the DL, have to wait and see. Gotta hope for the best.

kikkoman1231
04-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm not worried about those injuries. They are quite minor, all will be out for a week at most, so no worries.

About tonight's game against Oakland, just horrible calls by Blue. The Marte balk and the Podsednik play at the plate called safe decided the game. But it's a long season, so...

....no worries, hopefully.

voodoochile
04-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Aside from Ozuna, I think most of these are just because the team is tired and beat up after a long early season stretch with out an off day. Today will be the team's 15th in a row with a couple of 2 game sets in the middle - increasing travel and decreasing effective sleep and now they are finishing on the West Coast to boot.

Hopefully most of these guys will be back strong by Friday when the Sox return home. We could use Freddie to step up today though.

DumpJerry
04-27-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm not worried. We have BMac in Charlotte waiting to replace everyone who goes DL. :cool:

Jurr
04-27-2005, 08:18 AM
If Ozuna goes down, could we see the rebirth of Greg Norton??? Could we?? COULD WE????

I remember going to a Sox/Twins game in 1998, and Norton came through in the clutch to get us the come from behind win. Since that moment, I've always had a little place in my heart for the guy.

Frater Perdurabo
04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
If Ozuna goes down, could we see the rebirth of Greg Norton??? Could we?? COULD WE????

I remember going to a Sox/Twins game in 1998, and Norton came through in the clutch to get us the come from behind win. Since that moment, I've always had a little place in my heart for the guy.

I hope you are not considering Norton to play shortstop...... :o:

SoxFan48
04-27-2005, 08:47 AM
I'm not worried. We have BMac in Charlotte waiting to replace everyone who goes DL. :cool:

Whatever...

infohawk
04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Not too much at this point. All it means is that we will see more Ozuna, which is never a bad thing!!

God forbid, but if a guy like Konerko, Everett, or Rowand goes down, I will be concerned at that point.

I was listening on XM radio and it sounded like Ozuna was pulled after being hit in the hand with a pitch. Anyone know the latest on his injury. Bruise?

LauraJ14
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM

Maybe I haven't see enough of Ozuna but other than Sunday's game with the pinch hit and good play at 1st, I am not really impressed. His infield defense yesterday was not good. But he wasn't the only boneheaded player yesterday.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Hermanson--stiff back
AJ--toe
Jose--groin pull
Crede--bruise
Uribe--just pulled with a groin pull

I would characterize Pods as walking wounded because he's not motoring in the field at 100%.

Ozuna's wrist was mentioned...

Iguchi is banged up [per Hawk]

And Frank's ankle is no small matter

Yes, injuries are a concern.

balke
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM

Can he play short? Hahaha

jabrch
04-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Lots of guys have owies....that's ok. No major injuries. No groins torn off the bone, no elbows torn up, nobody has their head detached from their neck.

Oh, and we are in first place with a 4 game lead over the team we have already beaten 4 of 5, right?

Yes, the injuries are concerning. They always are. But by no means should we pannick. If you exclude Big Frank (the biggest injury of them all - and theo ne you didn't mention) nobody is on the DL yet and nobody is likely to miss considerable time.

I'm gonna say I'm ok with how things are right now.

Flight #24
04-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Concerned long-term? Not yet. None of these are things that should linger, the most serious (outside of Frank) seems to be Uribe's groin.

Concerned for this afternoon? Youbetcha. I'd bet Uribe's out. Crede's hobbled. If Ozuna can't play, that means we're going with Willie Harris as our starting SS (shudder). Plus per Hawk, Iguchi's hobbled as well. At least it sounds like we'l have AJ back.

batmanZoSo
04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Aside from Ozuna, I think most of these are just because the team is tired and beat up after a long early season stretch with out an off day. Today will be the team's 15th in a row with a couple of 2 game sets in the middle - increasing travel and decreasing effective sleep and now they are finishing on the West Coast to boot.

Hopefully most of these guys will be back strong by Friday when the Sox return home. We could use Freddie to step up today though.

I hope they don't play getaway ball today with an early game and the flight back to Chicago followed by an off day. I didn't even realize they're playing 15 in a row. Nice for us, but not for them. Yesterday was a game they just gave away, you gotta bounce back and take the series now especially with the pitching matchup well in our favor.

The weekend Detroit series is flanked by off-days, then it's 16 in a row. I hope they use them wisely.

DaleJRFan
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM

Can McCarthy play right field? :?:

JB98
04-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm very concerned about Uribe. Shortstop is one position we're thin at. We just don't have anyone who can fill in effectively from a defensive standpoint, either on the big-league roster or down in the minors.

I'm not worried about AJ, Contreras or Hermanson. I don't think those injuries are too serious, and we have capable players who can step into those spots.

Uribe and Crede are the only guys we can trust to catch the ball on the left side of the infield. I really hope both can get healthy and stay healthy.

Randar68
04-27-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm very concerned about Uribe. Shortstop is one position we're thin at. We just don't have anyone who can fill in effectively from a defensive standpoint, either on the big-league roster or down in the minors.

I'm not worried about AJ, Contreras or Hermanson. I don't think those injuries are too serious, and we have capable players who can step into those spots.

Uribe and Crede are the only guys we can trust to catch the ball on the left side of the infield. I really hope both can get healthy and stay healthy.

If Uribe is out any period of time, Pedro Lopez will be called up. He can handle it defensively, but he won't do much with the stick. He'd sure as hell be a better defensive option at SS than Ozuna or Harris.

JB98
04-27-2005, 12:30 PM
If Uribe is out any period of time, Pedro Lopez will be called up. He can handle it defensively, but he won't do much with the stick. He'd sure as hell be a better defensive option at SS than Ozuna or Harris.

I'll defer to you on that, Randar. You have your finger on the pulse of our minor leagues more than I do. Wouldn't you agree, though, that an injury to Uribe would be problem? We need Juan defensively, and even when he was struggling at the plate, he did a good job of getting some bunts down and hitting a few sacrifice flies.

TaylorStSox
04-27-2005, 01:08 PM

Why would anyone want to see more of Norton? If anything, Norton's been Wes Helms lite his whole career. No thanks.

Jurr
04-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Why would anyone want to see more of Norton? If anything, Norton's been Wes Helms lite his whole career. No thanks.
Hell, it's not like we would have to see him for three months or anything. I was just talking about getting the jackass up here for a couple of games to fill in.
You all put the anal in analytical.

Viva Medias B's
04-27-2005, 06:10 PM
There is one BIG thing going for us in the midst of these injuries: Herm Schneider.

tstrike2000
04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
We're almost at the point right now where Ozzie will almost have to be a player/manager and pencil himself in at shortstop.

Fake Chet Lemon
04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
We're almost at the point right now where Ozzie will almost have to be a player/manager and pencil himself in at shortstop.

I bet Ozzie and Cora can still turn a double play. Well, Cora anyway. I'll definitely take Raines over Dye in Right at the moment.