PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Mature gets tossed again

MRKARNO
04-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Mr. Mature Carlos Zambrano just got tossed for the second game this year already in the fifth inning of today's game with the Reds. He had given up 6 earned in 4 and two-thirds, including a home run in the at bat prior, before drilling Austin Kearns with the first pitch of the at bat.

JRIG
04-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Mr. Mature Carlos Zambrano just got tossed for the second game this year already in the fifth inning of today's game with the Reds. He had given up 6 earned in 4 and two-thirds, including a home run in the at bat prior, before drilling Austin Kearns with the first pitch of the at bat.

Maybe he just wanted to avoid having his elbow explode after Dusty left him out there to throw 150 pitches tonight.

Viva Medias B's
04-26-2005, 09:38 PM
:angry: It must have fired the Evil Empire up because the Reds are tanking the game against them.

Banix12
04-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Carlos Zambrano just got tossed for the second game this year already in the fifth inning of today's game with the Reds.

If I were writing the headlines tomorrow...

"Zambrano tossed in fifth; nobody shocked."

I was listening on the radio while working on some stuff, Santo has been ripping him for a solid half inning

Viva Medias B's
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Carlos Zambrano = Million Dollar Arm, Ten Cent Brain

JoseCanseco6969
04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
haha, Dubois drops the ball...run scores!

Very sloppy game i might add

Vsahajpal
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Carlos Zambrano = Million Dollar Arm, Ten Cent Brain

Why? Because he retaliated? No threads about Milton intentionally beaning Neifi?

soxwon
04-26-2005, 09:52 PM
frickin cubs lead 8-6

MRKARNO
04-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Why? Because he retaliated? No threads about Milton intentionally beaning Neifi?

Because we've barely gotten through 20 games and a player with a reputation of finding ways to get thrown out has already done it twice, when getting thrown out twice a season is considered a lot.

Brian26
04-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Maybe he just wanted to avoid having his elbow explode after Dusty left him out there to throw 150 pitches tonight.

But then Dusty could go visit hothead in the hopsital and flirt with 19 year old nursing interns.

"Call me if you're cute!"

Uncle_Patrick
04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2642

Once again....

Vsahajpal
04-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Because we've barely gotten through 20 games and a player with a reputation of finding ways to get thrown out has already done it twice, when getting thrown out twice a season is considered a lot.

Welke overreacted, if he's going to toss Zambrano, he should've done the same to Milton. Plus, Zambrano just wasn't right today, and Dusty wasn't going to pull him till he maxed out, so probably a smart thing to do:D:

RKMeibalane
04-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm waiting for Baker to make excuses for him in tomorrow's paper.

ChiSoxRowand
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Cincy up 10-8. They scored 3 runs in the 7th. Tyson Chandler sang take me out to the ballgame.

Viva Medias B's
04-26-2005, 10:38 PM

Zambrano chose to retaliate after he gave up the HR. Why didn't he do it earlier, when probably the umpire would have only issued the warning?

Viva Medias B's
04-26-2005, 11:14 PM
With the Sox on the primary TV and the Reds on the secondary one, boy does the Reds defense suck.

Brian26
04-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Redlegs beat the crybabies 11-9.

Vsahajpal
04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Zambrano chose to retaliate after he gave up the HR. Why didn't he do it earlier, when probably the umpire would have only issued the warning?

He would've been gone then, too.

But he's a pretty smart pitcher, sure his emotions get him at times, but any team would kill to have him.

SoxxoS
04-26-2005, 11:39 PM
He would've been gone then, too.

But he's a pretty smart pitcher, sure his emotions get him at times, but any team would kill to have him.

I remember last years Cubs/Sox game in July...Diaz v. Zambrano. Zambrano's balls were moving all over the damn place, at least a 6 inches per pitch. Diaz threw up hangers the whole game...yet somehow the Sox won. Just a good memory.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-27-2005, 12:05 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2642

Holy crap, Mods, PLEASE make this a tag!

WhiteSoxFan84
04-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I was at the game earlier tonight (my cousin had 2 extra tickets and I was off of work) and I told him in the 2nd inning that Zambrano would get ejected sometime in the game.

When this kid is off his game, he really is something else. And it's nothing positive. I'm not talking about his mechanics or pitches, I'm talking about his mental setup.

I haven't heard anything from him (post-game wise) but I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed his performance on a runner being called safe when he was.... safe. Balls being called balls when they were..... balls (or questionable, either way). And of course, those dreaded seagulls in the outfield. Boy did they throw him off his game.

DrCrawdad
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM

Your love for the Cubbies and Zambrano seem to have clouded your (usually sound) reasoning on this. Passionate Cubbie fans like Santo disagree with you, as well as Cub blogger, Al Yellon (http://bleedcubbieblue.com) , who has this to say:

That's when Z exploded. His next pitch hit Austin Kearns, and plate umpire Steve Rippley immediately tossed him. Usually, a warning would be issued, but as Mike reminded me, when such things are "egregious", umpires can, in their judgment, eject players immediately, and that's what happened, and frankly, I agree with this. Z is just going to have to learn to control himself better.

He didn't have a very good day, and sometimes pitchers don't. We all love Z's enthusiasm and passion, but he must figure out a way to channel this properly -- because with a pitcher of this talent on the mound, when you score nine runs, you ought to win.

TDog
04-27-2005, 01:05 AM
This will have to mean a suspension. It won't be long, but the next time he gets ejected, he'll be suspended again, only longer. It's only April.

WhiteSoxFan84
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
This will have to mean a suspension. It won't be long, but the next time he gets ejected, he'll be suspended again, only longer. It's only April.

On The Score they mentioned that he will probably get suspended.

Lip Man 1
04-27-2005, 01:53 AM
I was speaking tonight with a member of the Chicago media who is the subject of the next interview for WSI.

While we were wrapping up we talked about Zambrano and this is what he said. 'If I were manager I'd take him into a clubhouse hallway and scream at him. He's Spanish and maybe a little apprehensive when someone raises there voice, so I'd do it just to make sure he understood.'

'I'd say 'listen you dumb SOB, the next time you do that it's five grand, do it again it's ten grand, do it a third time and you'll be having a seat next to me for a long time.'

Take it for what it's worth. He also said that by and large current Cub players have 'no respect' for Dusty Baker and they prove it by their actions. He also said Baker is wrong for not laying the law down with these guys. He said umpires make a lot less money then players and they get pissed when they are shown up and the word gets around.

Lip

Vsahajpal
04-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Your love for the Cubbies and Zambrano seem to have clouded your (usually sound) reasoning on this. Passionate Cubbie fans like Santo disagree with you, as well as Cub blogger, Al Yellon (http://bleedcubbieblue.com) , who has this to say:

To be honest, I don't know who the hell Al Yellon is, nor do I give a damn about his opinion. I'm sure a lot of 'Cubbie' fans do share it though. I clearly don't. Zambrano "exploded?" The hell he did. He just beaned a guy in the ribs, casually walked off the mound, and didn't raise hell when he was tossed. And there's no way in hell a guy who "can't channel his emotions" goes 16-8, 2.75 ERA with an all-star appearance at 23 years. Santo...let's just say he's a few meatballs short of sub.

I don't subscribe much to the ole-skool network of baseball, but one exception is having your teammates back(s). Neifi unloaded on their pitching staff last night and the first time up he gets drilled in the ribs. Zambrano knew his night was done, and he came correct to Kearns. If he retaliates earlier, you know he's gone.

Vsahajpal
04-27-2005, 02:15 AM
I was speaking tonight with a member of the Chicago media who is the subject of the next interview for WSI.

While we were wrapping up we talked about Zambrano and this is what he said. 'If I were manager I'd take him into a clubhouse hallway and scream at him. He's Spanish and maybe a little apprehensive when someone raises there voice, so I'd do it just to make sure he understood.'

'I'd say 'listen you dumb SOB, the next time you do that it's five grand, do it again it's ten grand, do it a third time and you'll be having a seat next to me for a long time.'

Take it for what it's worth. He also said that by and large current Cub players have 'no respect' for Dusty Baker and they prove it by their actions. He also said Baker is wrong for not laying the law down with these guys. He said umpires make a lot less money then players and they get pissed when they are shown up and the word gets around.

Lip

Spanish people are apprehensive when people raise their voice? LOL, okay...

Zambrano's Venezuelan, btw.

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 02:28 AM
haha, Dubois drops the ball...run scores!

Very sloppy game i might add

Well, i guess i shouldnt have laughed at that play...Dye did the same thing and his was more routine.

DrCrawdad
04-27-2005, 02:32 AM
To be honest, I don't know who the hell Al Yellon is, nor do I give a damn about his opinion. Zambrano "exploded?" The hell he did. He just beaned a guy in the ribs, casually walked off the mound, and didn't raise hell when he was tossed. And there's no way in hell a guy who "can't channel his emotions" goes 16-8, 2.75 ERA with an all-star appearance at 23 years. Santo...let's just say he's a few meatballs short of sub.

I don't subscribe much to the ole-skool network of baseball, but one exception is having your teammates back(s). Neifi unloaded on their pitching staff last night and the first time up he gets drilled in the ribs. Zambrano knew his night was done, and he came correct to Kearns. If he retaliates earlier, you know he's gone.

Of course none of us can read Zambrano's mind. Personally, I don't think it had anything to do with Neifi and had everything to do with him losing control of his emotions after giving up the homer and having (another) crappy performance. IIRC in four starts Zambrano has had two crappy outings.

We'll see how well thought out Zambrano's plan was if he gets suspended, which seems very likely.

I generally don't refer to Santo's statements for anything other than a laugh, but this time I'd have to say I agree with him on Zambrano. However, just before Santo criticized Zambrano, Santo said that Zambrano had pitched well.

Vsahajpal
04-27-2005, 02:35 AM
I'm sure he'll miss a start, not the worst thing in the world for him right now. This team is in trouble though.

ilsox7
04-27-2005, 04:28 AM

Lip

How could anyone have respect for Dust Pan? He is a player's manager b/c all he does is make excuses for him and his players. He is the perfect manager for that team. They will keep imploding with him "in charge."

Jerko
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
A lot of times, the 2nd guy who plunks a batter gets tossed. Baker wasn't ejected so obviously there was never a warning issued, so I think Zambrano's rep got the best of him yesterday. I don't like the guy but he probably figured since there was no warning issued that he had a "foul to give" so to speak.

Dan H
04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
With Zambrano in the middle of this rotation, the Cubs are going nowhere, and I don't care what kind of stuff he has.

DrCrawdad
04-27-2005, 10:46 AM
A lot of times, the 2nd guy who plunks a batter gets tossed. Baker wasn't ejected so obviously there was never a warning issued, so I think Zambrano's rep got the best of him yesterday. I don't like the guy but he probably figured since there was no warning issued that he had a "foul to give" so to speak.

Zambrano screaming and making a glasses sign with his hands at umps surely isn't going to work in his behalf. Zambrano has a habit of glaring at umps & gesticulating when calls don't go his way. None of this helps him, or his team.

When you show up umps and publicly mock them, they're naturally going to let you have it when an opportunity arises. Zambrano opened the door for that ump last night by the "beaning." The ump was within his right to go thru that open door.

Baby Fisk
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Zambrano screaming and making a glasses sign with his hands at umps surely isn't going to work in his behalf. Zambrano has a habit of glaring at umps & gesticulating when calls don't go his way. None of this helps him, or his team.

When you show up umps and publicly mock them, they're naturally going to let you have it when an opportunity arises. Zambrano opened the door for that ump last night by the "beaning." The ump was within his right to go thru that open door.
Exact-a-mundo! Zambo is a classless ass who does almost as much harm to his team as good. Granted, he is a quality pitcher, but can you imagine how tolerant Sox fans would be if a star pitcher started a trend of showing up umpires and getting himself tossed out of games in the 5th? I see pitchforks and torches...

I would have loved to hear the muzzled Cub announcers try to spin this one positively.

"Wow! You gotta love Zambrano's passion!"
"There's a Cub who loves to win!"
"Even if it means some rough stuff!"
"Those were five quality innings! He deserves a win!"
"Hey, there's some young ladies enjoying the game..."
etc etc etc...:rolleyes:

DrCrawdad
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Exact-a-mundo! Zambo is a classless ass who does almost as much harm to his team as good. Granted, he is a quality pitcher, but can you imagine how tolerant Sox fans would be if a star pitcher started a trend of showing up umpires and getting himself tossed out of games in the 5th? I see pitchforks and torches...

I would have loved to hear the muzzled Cub announcers try to spin this one positively.

"Wow! You gotta love Zambrano's passion!"
"There's a Cub who loves to win!"
"Even if it means some rough stuff!"
"Those were five quality innings! He deserves a win!"
"Hey, there's some young ladies enjoying the game..."
etc etc etc...:rolleyes:

Amazingly, Santo fired away on Zambrano. From what I heard of the TV guys, "BB" launched into a speech about umpires and how they've taken the game out of the hands of the players, blah, blah, blah. That may be all well and true but that was then, this is now. "BB" glossed over much discussion of Zambrano's history and how his hysterics factor in. In the opinion of "BB" all fault rested with the ump, nothing on Zambrano.

Maybe they should call Zambrano, Zam-morono.

dcb33
04-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Amazingly, Santo fired away on Zambrano. From what I heard of the TV guys, "BB" launched into a speech about umpires and how they've taken the game out of the hands of the players. That may be all well and true but that was then, this is now. "BB" glossed over much discussion of Zambrano's history and how his hysterics factor in. In the opinion of "BB" all fault rested with the ump, nothing on Zambrano.

Just when you think the Cubs wouldn't be able to find a bigger tool than Ronnie, they dig up this meathead.

Maybe they should call Zambrano, Zam-morono.

If you'd like other Zambrano nickname ideas, check this out:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47743