PDA

View Full Version : Ozuna and Harris

chisox06
04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I think it would be safe to say that we have all been impressed with Ozuna so far this year, from the start of spring to his clutch playing off the bench. If Ozuna continues to put up solid numbers through this year, and knowing KW and his willingness to make a deal down the stretch does Harris suddenly become available for a possible trade?

Seems like their are some teams that could use a guy like Harris. I'm by no means a Harris hater, but it seems with 2 guys coming off our bench with similar characterstics (speed, good glove on the infield) it would make sense that one of these guys would suddenly become trade bait for the annual KW down the stretch trade. It may be way to early to speculate on any of this, I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

soltrain21
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind moving Harris for a lefty reliever. I am sure KW is working something out in his head.

:KW
Well I WAS working something out, but then Alomar decided to retire.

Rocklive99
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
I was just thinking today how impressive Ozuna has been lately, I wasn't as impressed as others who thought to start him at 3rd after the Sunday Night Minnesota game, but he has brought a nice excitement and is putting up the #'s, almost everything Harris was supposed to be (Harris hasn't been that bad either). It just reminded me of a couple of years ago, before we got Alomar, when Harris was doing well and bringing an excitement to the team

SEALgep
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Cubs are said to be looking for middle infield help. Not that I desire anybody they have, unless they are freeing up Guzman, which they aren't. Also, it was said on Soxtalk that Hendry has inquired about pen help to KW. Just informing, not speculating, as I doubt anything materializes from this.

kevingrt
04-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Harris has been playing fairly well too so his stock could be worth a little something. Maybe a lefty reliever like mentioned above. I love Willie Harris but anything to make this team better. I just hope he would go to a good team, because not only is Willie Harris a good baseball player, but he is also one of the coolest and friendliest professional athletes I have ever met.

BRDSR
04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
because not only is Willie Harris a good baseball player, but he is also one of the coolest and friendliest professional athletes I have ever met.

Not everyone ont his board has had such an experience with Willie. I got his autograph at SoxFest two years ago and he was nothing but nice, but that isn't really the type of situation that players are mean in. In fact, it might have been the same night that some people met him in a bar and he wasn't quite so congenial. He has been playing pretty well off the bench so I'm not in a big hurry to move him but...theres really little reason to carry Ozuna and Harris on the same roster and if we can get something decent for Harris, that would also be fine with me.

JRIG
04-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I think it would be safe to say that we have all been impressed with Ozuna so far this year, from the start of spring to his clutch playing off the bench. If Ozuna continues to put up solid numbers through this year, and knowing KW and his willingness to make a deal down the stretch does Harris suddenly become available for a possible trade?

Seems like their are some teams that could use a guy like Harris. I'm by no means a Harris hater, but it seems with 2 guys coming off our bench with similar characterstics (speed, good glove on the infield) it would make sense that one of these guys would suddenly become trade bait for the annual KW down the stretch trade. It may be way to early to speculate on any of this, I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

Considering Ozuna is 30 years old and has never had much success previously, don't you think we should wait a bit longer than 18 at bats to decide he's the prfect fit as a back-up infielder? I mean, for example, if Ozuna goes 0-4 tonight, his average will drop from .278 to .227.

And by no means am I a Harris guy.

duke of dorwood
04-26-2005, 08:48 PM
30 is perfect for a versatile, mature reserve infield. C ya-Willie

chisox06
04-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Considering Ozuna is 30 years old and has never had much success previously, don't you think we should wait a bit longer than 18 at bats to decide he's the prfect fit as a back-up infielder? I mean, for example, if Ozuna goes 0-4 tonight, his average will drop from .278 to .227.

And by no means am I a Harris guy.

I can agree with that, thats why I stated that it may be way to early to tell. But considering that both these guys have very similar characteristics, I think it's safe to say that one of them will be playing elsewhere before the end of the season.

Lip Man 1
04-27-2005, 12:38 AM
This needs to be put on hold until we see what happened to Ozuna. Harris may be all that's left standing.Lip

bafiarocks03
04-27-2005, 06:19 PM
So we still need Harris! yes Pablo is doing good! but we still need Willie!!

mealfred13
04-27-2005, 07:13 PM
This needs to be put on hold until we see what happened to Ozuna. Harris may be all that's left standing.Lip

Yep. At the rate we're losing guys to injury, dare I say I wouldn't mind having Jose Valentin on the bench...

hawkjt
04-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I have met willie and he is a very friendly cool guy. He does lead the sox in hitting and on base average and on this team we need guys that can actually hit and get on base. We are near the bottom in those catagories.

balke
04-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Yep. At the rate we're losing guys to injury, dare I say I wouldn't mind having Jose Valentin on the bench...

You don't pay someone that kind of money to sit. It would be nice to have the Stache laying around, but I'm sure he would only take a starting role this season.

mealfred13
04-27-2005, 07:24 PM
You don't pay someone that kind of money to sit. It would be nice to have the Stache laying around, but I'm sure he would only take a starting role this season.

I know, I was just being faciteous...:wink: