PDA

View Full Version : Dave Revsine, Sox fan

Jjav829
04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
What do you know, a Sportscenter anchor who is an admitted White Sox fan. ESPN's Sportsnation has a little audio thing on the top left. One of the clips is Dave Revsine talking about how the Sox are an afterthought in their own city. It's a decent listen.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index)

fledgedrallycap
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
What do you know, a Sportscenter anchor who is an admitted White Sox fan. ESPN's Sportsnation has a little audio thing on the top left. One of the clips is Dave Revsine talking about how the Sox are an afterthought in their own city. It's a decent listen.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index)

A little harsh, but I loved the bit about "Why aren't you a Cub fan?"

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 03:53 PM
He's got some valid points, I guess

Ron Karkovice
04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
all i can say is the pitching staff wont allow them to "fade to irrelevance" this year. This is a very different team then the past. Why couldn't Dave have mentioned that?

kevingrt
04-26-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't know about the whole "fade to irrelvance thing" but the thing about not being a Cubs fan was hilarious.

jabrch
04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Revsine and I are the two Sox fans from Glenbrook North High School. Northbrook used to be a hard place to find Sox fans!

Ron Karkovice
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Revsine and I are the two Sox fans from Glenbrook North High School. Northbrook used to be a hard place to find Sox fans!

What highschool isn't hard to find sox fans??!?! I bet there are many in like California where there are many DIEHARD CUBBY FANS!

jabrch
04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
"Why aren't you a Cubs Fan? - That's like saying, "Why aren't you Hispanic?" I WAS BORN THIS WAY.

That's a freaking riot. Two By Four....you out there? I think Revsine is on to something.

nebraskasox
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
I hope he's wrong about fading but I thought the part about inheritance of a defective gene was hilarious. I often feel that way myself.

comiskey2000
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
What do you make of the audio bite?
(It's on the left hand side)
I have mixed feelings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index

krohnjw
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Sounds pretty negative and bitter to me. He is quick to throw out adjectives about "Losers" and "Surly superstar" (not sure if this is a reference to Frank or not) and mentions nothing positive. Sounds like more of the same so far.

irish rover
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Sounds pretty negative and bitter to me. He is quick to throw out adjectives about "Losers" and "Surly superstar" (not sure if this is a reference to Frank or not) and mentions nothing positive. Sounds like more of the same so far.

well he fits the stereotype sox fan though

the gooch
04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
nice. you can tell by his voice hes used to this crap.

why are we the afterthoughts in our own city? hmmmm...
notice anything on the right hand side of that page?
poll: will the cubs make the playoffs? yes/no

Chisox003
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Well he does kind of sound like your stereotypical Sox fan, but I would like to think after a 16-4 start, we can show a little more optimism than this guy....

I mean, this is only the best start in franchise history...A start like this isnt something that happens every year...Or any year for that matter

S05X

Realist
04-26-2005, 05:30 PM
nice. you can tell by his voice hes used to this crap.

why are we the afterthoughts in our own city? hmmmm...
notice anything on the right hand side of that page?
poll: will the cubs make the playoffs? yes/no

I voted. :wink:

PatK
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
On one hand, I'm kind of glad at least ONE national broadcaster is a WhiteSox fan.

On the other, it's a little disappointing that he's somewhat of a stereotype of us.

jabrch
04-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Not at all...I know him. He's just a good, professional broadcaster who was asked to do something very specific - and he did just that. Revsine is a really good guy - or at least he was back in 1990 in HS.