PDA

View Full Version : 1st & Ten discusses the White Sox

buehrle4cy05
04-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Skip Bayless and Woody Paige agree that the White Sox won't hold up this year. Bayless points out that Shingo's ERA is above 8, and that a bullpen by committee is going to hurt the Sox. Bayless likes Buehrle and Garland, but not Freddy, El Duque, or Jose. Woody Paige believes that the Sox play small ball or "station-to-station" ball, and their only chance to make the playoffs is because they play in a bad division.

Just shows you how much these people think they know about the White Sox. Last time I checked, the A's play station to station baseball. The White Sox steal bases, which is not station to station baseball. Another "expert", Ken Rosenthal of TSN believes that the White Sox hot start will fall apart at some point for factors including the fact that "Scott Podsednik is not an impressive centerfielder".

Maybe these people should watch a whole Sox game before talking about them.

kevingrt
04-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Obviously no one is giving us any respect so I hope we can at least win the division and stick in in these friggin' biased media yappers arseholes. People are jsut pissing me off nowadays with their statements on the Sox. Really, I know I shouldn't care though, but I can't escape from these losers talking.

nebraskasox
04-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Let the media continue to rant about how bad the Sox "really" are. Going deep into the playoffs will quiet the critics and is the only thing that matters. We'll probably hear this all season long if they keep winning. And if the Sox don't, the pundits will pat themselves on the back with "I told you so".

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Skip Bayless and Woody Paige agree that the White Sox won't hold up this year. Bayless points out that Shingo's ERA is above 8, and that a bullpen by committee is going to hurt the Sox. Bayless likes Buehrle and Garland, but not Freddy, El Duque, or Jose. Woody Paige believes that the Sox play small ball or "station-to-station" ball, and their only chance to make the playoffs is because they play in a bad division.

Just shows you how much these people think they know about the White Sox. Last time I checked, the A's play station to station baseball. The White Sox steal bases, which is not station to station baseball. Another "expert", Ken Rosenthal of TSN believes that the White Sox hot start will fall apart at some point for factors including the fact that "Scott Podsednik is not an impressive centerfielder".

Maybe these people should watch a whole Sox game before talking about them.Repeat after me...WE DON'T CARE

fledgedrallycap
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM

I for one don't get worked up over these dopes, but that is the problem in a nutshell. These guys don't watch the White Sox, they don't watch any of the games outside of a couple a night (probabaly the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, Mets or Cubs). They go off stat sheets, media guides, percentages, ratios, and worst of all...perceptions.

It's only when the Sox beat the living **** out of one the previously mentioned teams will they understand the Sox are winning because of hard play, pitching, timely hitting and defense. Last time I checked, those are the traits that get praised towards the Twins and Marlins who are perenial favorites.

Rocky Soprano
04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
:whocares

DaleJRFan
04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Same ol' crap, different "expert" YEY!

Ron Karkovice
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I'd rather watch reruns of The Waltons than watch Skip's botox tight face.

Ol' No. 2
04-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Is it just me or has there been a veritable stampede of "experts" suddenly rushing to explain why their pre-season predictions of a poor Sox finish are really right, in spite of the fact that the Sox are winning like crazy?

Mark Buehrle
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
It's clear by now that the way we'll make these people eat their words is by continuing to win.

Kogs35
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
see http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48905

patbooyah
04-26-2005, 04:39 PM
also- hasnt shingo only pitched like 5 innings? every inning he gets through his average drops almost 2 runs!

MUsoxfan
04-26-2005, 04:41 PM
also- hasnt shingo only pitched like 5 innings? every inning he gets through his average drops almost 2 runs!

His ERA is bad because of one Indians game. He'll be down to 3.50 in no time

VivaOzzie
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM

First of all, arent these the same people that predicted the AL central to go to the Twins, Indians, or Tigers, and that these 3 teams are vastly improved?!?! So now since the Sox are on top, the division is weak. That is weak.

Secondly, Scott Podsednik plays leftfield. Also, 9 for 10 stealing bases, and hitting .308, is pretty damn impressive to me. He can lay down a bunt and move runners over when needed. Not to mention clutch hits.

The media is a joke. Keep this bs coming, the Sox will just continue to prove them wrong.

soltrain21
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
What the hell is a bullpen by committee? Isn't that what all bullpens are?

fledgedrallycap
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Good catch :cool:

Ron Karkovice
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM

stop living in the past! Most teams nowadays have 10 starters and one guy in the bullpen! Don't EVER question the almighty Skip and woody! Skip and woodyyyyy....

Corkinator
04-26-2005, 05:22 PM

Page just "bought" on ATH that the Sox would the division. Senile old fart.

zach074
04-26-2005, 05:50 PM
The season hadn't started and they counted us out, and now we have the best record in baseball and they count us out. Good! We can go back to being under the radar.

ChiSoxBobette
04-27-2005, 07:12 AM

ONCE AGAIN , Someone advise this woody whatever/whoever he is and skip clueless that Pods plays LF. They're all such baseball experts and know so much about baseball and our team everything except the positions our ball players play.

SOXSINCE'70
04-27-2005, 08:12 AM

And how many bullpen guys have "defined" roles for the
sCrUBbies???? LaChoke's the closer,no,now it's Ryan Dempster,
no,now it's Glendon Rusch,no,now it's Joe Borowski,and on and
on and on.

The motto here is simple:

:thankgod

3rdgensoxfan
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I don't have time between papers for school and finals. However, I think it might be interesting to put together a thread of "slights" from the media and update it throughout the year. It may be interesting to visit it at the end of the year.

mrfourni
04-27-2005, 12:06 PM
It is Woody and Skip's job to stay stupid things to get fans mad. It happened for an entire season with the Illini discussing their a fluke, will lose in the second round bla bla bla. The illiniboard had a new thread everyday on how stupid woody and skip were. Please, ignore these people, or at least listen to them with the knowledge that their trying to piss somebody off.

The Racehorse
04-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Skip Bayless and Woody Paige agree that the White Sox won't hold up this year. Maybe these people should watch a whole Sox game before talking about them.

If they watched last night's game in Oakland, they'll think they're on to something... not that I care, because I don't.

skottyj242
04-27-2005, 01:59 PM
I kind of like Woody Paige on "Around the Horn" because he makes fun of Mariotti all the time.