PDA

View Full Version : Morning here and it still hasn't worn off

Spiff
11-05-2001, 06:26 AM
Still on Cloud 9, I've had 'We are the champions' in my head all morning.

I could watch that LuGo hit the rest of my freakin life.

Rivera says <:-O

Paulwny
11-05-2001, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

I'm with you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GASHWOUND
11-05-2001, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

YAAAAAAWN...Monday mornings suck.

When i read the headline I thought you were refering to the Bears. But then I remember you're not a bears fan.

I'm happy the D-Backs won, but I'm over it. It wasn't our team that won so I don't care anymore. Just for that 1 night I was happy. Don't worry, we'll be cheering for another team next post-season and all likely hood, it won't be our Sox..again

Jeez, I got a splitting headache..where are those damn asprins!

Kilroy
11-05-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Don't worry, we'll be cheering for another team next post-season and all likely hood, it won't be our Sox..again...

That's a pretty piss-poor attitude. We got 3-4 months of off season with almost a whole team of guys that will be returning from injuries. The nearly hapless team the Sox ran out there each night was still sniffing around contention until very late in the season. Getting them back to full strength is gonna add 5 wins all by itself. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic about the White Sox in 2002.

duke of dorwood
11-05-2001, 09:36 AM
I am excited for next year too. Healthy, we will be in the thick of ot again. Seattle key players getting old and may let down big time, if Oakland loses Giambi, they wont be the same, Toons time has passed, No more Metrodome.

FarWestChicago
11-05-2001, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I'm with you !!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking last night there is nobody here happier than Paulwny. :)

Bmr31
11-05-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I was thinking last night there is nobody here happier than Paulwny. :)

i was so happy, i went out after the game and consumed enough alcohol to make an elephant wasted......

Paulwny
11-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I was thinking last night there is nobody here happier than Paulwny. :)

I looked out my window before getting on board looks like my neighbor's Yankmee flag has been replaced with a Sabres' flag. Damn I need to get a recording of "TAPS" for next year.
So no aggrevation till the Sabres are eliminated from the nhl second season, probably early April, just in time for baseball.
I'm assuming my neighbor will hide for awhile and just wave when we see each other.
Next year the sox will win it all on a Saturday, I'll take a case of brew to his house and make him celebrate!
THANK YOU DBACKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GASHWOUND
11-05-2001, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

That's a pretty piss-poor attitude. We got 3-4 months of off season with almost a whole team of guys that will be returning from injuries. The nearly hapless team the Sox ran out there each night was still sniffing around contention until very late in the season. Getting them back to full strength is gonna add 5 wins all by itself. There's plenty of reason to be optimistic about the White Sox in 2002.

You're using logic. Everything looks good with players returning from injury, the Twinkies going out of business and some young pitching emerging. It looks good on paper. What if we get bad Frank, our returning pitchers get Bob Howry syndrome, or somebody else gets hurt. We don't have any veteran starters aces like "Zona has. We have to see how everything develops and if those damn baseball gods will have mercy on us.
We probably will be in contention, but will we make the playoffs? Who knows..Baseball is a crazy game.