PDA

View Full Version : Sportscenter

basilesox
04-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I have officially lost alot of respect for this show. The Whitesox are the best team in baseball and they talk about Mark Prior and the Cubs in the Intro.

Did this bother anybody else?

At least they broke down the Buehrle-Harden matchup later in the show, but sure enough they included the lovable losers in that conversation too. All this press for a team that is barely over .500

The funniest part was the end where Linda Cohen comments that Clemens and Maddux were Hall of Famers like "Harold Reynolds". What a riot? Reynolds could possibly be the worst analyst I have seen in any sport. And he was average at best as a player.

Rocklive99
04-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I saw in the middle of the show they did a "top stories recap", the 3 stories mentioned were the 2 NBA games and a Mark Prior start/Cubs win against the Reds.

Definately a "***?" moment, but now I've come to expect it from them. I want to see their asses jump on the bandwagon when we keep it up, that'll be a riot. But it's to the ridiculous point now, as if JR denied one of their top guys a job or something. Don't worry though, it's not just us. I'm sure other fans are pissed about the 3 team bias, and it was nice to hear Frank Robinson speak out on it.

elrod
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Harold Reynolds appears stoned every broadcast.

Dibbs
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
I try not to get caught up in this garbage, but on baseball tonight they led off talking about how great Zito looked for most of the game until he gave up those runs. lol...then they talked about Garland's performance for about half the time they talked about Zito's "great performance."

24thStFan
04-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm from out of town, so I rely on SportCenter for my scores and news. All year long they have been ignoring the Sox. Many days, ESPN doesn't even carry Sox highlights. ESPN is the worst!

Thank God for WSI. I'm spending way too much time here, however. :wink:

tebman
04-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Harold Reynolds appears stoned every broadcast.
Y'know, Harold Reynolds is an important figure in White Sox history. He was playing for the Mariners in 1990, and he made the final out in the final game at old Comiskey Park.

(...waiting for the "who cares?" tag)

Irishsox1
04-26-2005, 02:32 PM
The Sox are hot, but they haven't won anything yet. Let ESPN ignore them and try not to get too wrapped up in the whole media coverage thing. The Sox are not an intersting story...yet. So, sit back, watch the games and count the wins.

Rocklive99
04-26-2005, 02:36 PM
The Sox are hot, but they haven't won anything yet. Let ESPN ignore them and try not to get too wrapped up in the whole media coverage thing. The Sox are not an intersting story...yet. So, sit back, watch the games and count the wins.

That's what I'm also doing, but I disagree that they are not a story. You have to go by what has happened in this baseball season, an a .800 winning % and 8 straight is more important to me than a fact that Mark Prior found it in himself to make consecutive starts, on a team that has no reason to earn anybody's respect (3rd in their division last year)

Scotty347
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
If the Sox keep winning, they will get plenty of attention from the national media, probably more than from the local media (see Tribune).

They are already getting a lot more coverage nationally than they would be if they settled in 3rd place behind the Twins and Royals.

Just keep on winning and the bandwagon will keep growing...

Chicago83
04-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Umm, who cares? Realize that that ESPN is for a NATIONAL audience and the NATIONAL audience does not give a *bleep* about the white sox, and why should they? Do you give a *bleep* about the Baltimore Orioles?? or Arizona Diamondbacks?? You act like it is ESPN's responsibility to report on your team, it's not, it is their responsibility to report what the audience wants to hear. And the majority of the audience does not care about the white sox, so get over it. For whatever stupid reason the national audience does care about the Cubs. Don't ask me why, they just do. I guess it's the whole lovable losers thing.

We have our best start ever and it seems like all people can do is cry about our lack of coverage. My god, if you don't like it then don't watch ESPN. Comcast will give equal coverage to cubs/sox.

Elvisfan1977
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Who cares no one respects us! I don't need validation from the media to know our team is the best. We're flying under the radar people! Stop complaining and enjoy the flight.

batmanZoSo
04-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I find it funny that the experts are hesitant to believe in this team, but they couldn't keep their pants on in 03 when the Royals were hot. What's the deal with that? This team is far more likely to continue than that team was. It's not even close.

But overall I agree with the above. Who CARES? Watch Comcast. They show every important event that happened throughout the game plus player comments and further analysis. Face facts! If you want lengthy attention on the premier national sports network, you have to earn it. Give it time, it'll come if they keep this up.

DaleJRFan
04-26-2005, 03:31 PM
All I have to say about this is:

http://www.lucidnoir.com/pictures/oldnews.jpg

It's ESPN, what do you expect?? Then again, I still watch BBTN for some weird reason that I have yet to determine.

PAPChiSox729
04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Then again, I still watch BBTN for some weird reason that I have yet to determine.

I watch BBTN also. I just like to see what teams and/or players are doing well. Besides, a laugh at their analysis every now and then doesn't hurt either.

kevingrt
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Let's remember the new 2005 slogan- We Don't Care

krohnjw
04-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Unfortunately I can't watch Comcast, (although it was nice before moving). I am stuck with MLB.tv, ESPN, WGN, and BBTN. Would it be nice to have some better sox coverage? Hell yes. Do I expect it? No. I do wish I could ignore the "experts" but they are the only thing on TV I can find that will give me some baseball news. Unless someone can convince comcast to stream everything over the web ;)

winning ugly 72
04-26-2005, 05:01 PM
i like that the sox are under the radar right now that is fine with me but i was a little bothered this morning to see on sportscenter that prior and the cubs win was one of sprotscenters top stories.